SaltCritters.com

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy (late) birthday!! :D

That skimmer is so pretty! What a great present!

Thanks Yoshii!

keep us updated on the Nyos. I am in the market for a new skimmer and I have been eyeing the Nyos.

It took about a day and a half to break in and now it is producing some dry skim. I'm going to keep it on the dry side this week while I'm away. But the thing so far is awesome. Lots of ability to control AND it is very quiet.

So did you have a good birthday? What did you do or what was done for you??

I did! It was a fun weekend. We went to a restaurant for lunch with my brother and sis in law I've been looking forward to trying out and I dragged the husband to some fishy stores. We went hiking with the poodles on Sunday and that was fun! Of course now I've got poison Ivy or something all over the back of my neck - just in time for all my work meetings in Florida this week :wacko:

Holy moly! FTS omgomgomg

zil3K8O.jpg

BIFLdl2.jpg

the chili coral. I got a better photo this am. It's getting tall/long. I'm going to need to think about relocating it as it will eventually touch the sand from where I have it hanging upside down:

u1hEL85.jpg

Stunning - love the variety of colors and shapes. Inspiring!

:wub: thank you!! That's really nice of you to say.

I think it stresses my husband out because there's so much stuff packed in there :lol:

What is the purple/teal favia? Acan? In the lower right corner?

Just a favia I got from Glenn at Coral Gardens Aquaculture. I snagged it on one of his Facebook auctions!

Ok, one more shot and then I'm off to Sunny (read: Hot and HUMID) Florida for the week.

This is my favorite angle to view the tank. It's the side where the chair is.

bucpX09.jpg

I am sold

Check out Deltec, I got one about a week ago and I'm very pleased. I have no personal experience with Nyos but did consider a 120 for my tank.

HarryPotter

Holy moly! FTS omgomgomg

zil3K8O.jpg

BIFLdl2.jpg

the chili coral. I got a better photo this am. It's getting tall/long. I'm going to need to think about relocating it as it will eventually touch the sand from where I have it hanging upside down:

u1hEL85.jpg

Yay!! You need to have birthdays more often so we get more FTS :lol:

Just a favia I got from Glenn at Coral Gardens Aquaculture. I snagged it on one of his Facebook auctions! Ok, one more shot and then I'm off to Sunny (read: Hot and HUMID) Florida for the week.

This is my favorite angle to view the tank. It's the side where the chair is.

bucpX09.jpg

Such a nice little nook!!!

I see some leathers growing bigger!

they are!!!! I love looking at earlier photos to compare them to. And this was actually in the morning just as the lights were ramping up so they weren't very open yet

I am back from Florida! el Jeffe took care of the three tanks and did a great job! Everything looks good and I came back to the same number of corals and fish as when I left :)

eskuDez.jpg

The new skimmer is a beast and I'm loving it! it is quiet - really quiet. And is pulling some awesome dark skim. I got home last night around 3-3:30 and decided to tinker with it. Not sure why since it was working well. Woke up and my sump looked like a washing machine with too much soap. Whoops! Why? Why would I tinker with something on little to no sleep and at 3 AM?????

Anyway, on to some other news. A few weeks ago, I got a maxima from Holly at Cultivated Reef. I think most of you know my horrible experience with clams last summer that I got through Diver's Den (ORA cultured maxima and deresa). the maxima lasted less than 24 hours. The deresa looked ok for a week then went downhill. So far so good with this one from Cultivated! it seems so healthy, is a gorgeous blue and I'm absolutely loving it.

w4ycqI6.jpg

The tank looks fantastic! Sometimes my tanks do better when Ieave them alone with minimal feeding.

You crack me up with your washing machine skimmer incidents :)

I am back from Florida!

Why would I tinker with something on little to no sleep and at 3 AM?????

glad you made it back from hell. I heard if you stay there to long you catch the crazy virus

I tinker with my shit at crazy hours. Makes the wife nuts. I don't know if it's my insomnia, ADD or the alcoholism.

The tank looks fantastic! Sometimes my tanks do better when Ieave them alone with minimal feeding.

You crack me up with your washing machine skimmer incidents :)

Ha!! Oh man it's so stinky when it does that though :lol:

glad you made it back from hell. I heard if you stay there to long you catch the crazy virus

I tinker with my shit at crazy hours. Makes the wife nuts. I don't know if it's my insomnia, ADD or the alcoholism.

I am a big tinkerer - but it never works out for me if I tinker after 11 pm ?

I am so glad to be back home. It was soooooo gross and humid.

I am a big tinkerer - but it never works out for me if I tinker after 11 pm

Mine usually dont end up well. Woke up this morning super glue left open patches of GSP glued to the back wall of the tank, my RO/DI was out of the cabinet and new filters on the countertop I had some aspirations last night. And yes I woke up on the sofa with my kid. :lol:

Mine usually dont end up well. Woke up this morning super glue left open patches of GSP glued to the back wall of the tank, my RO/DI was out of the cabinet and new filters on the countertop I had some aspirations last night. And yes I woke up on the sofa with my kid. :lol:

it's the thought that counts....right?

Figured I'd post this here as well. I've got some barbata (tufted joint algae) I need to trim up. If anyone is interested, here's the FS thread. Oh and a photo. One of my favorite types of algae I think.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/374587-fs-cymopolia-barbata-macro-tufted-joint-algae/

sRSbmnP.jpg

Yay!! You need to have birthdays more often so we get more FTS :lol:

I forgot to respond. This cracked me up. crap, no, I do not want to have more birthdays! One a year is PLENTY!

but I'll try to take more full tank shots :D

Archived