Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's a stylotinella? That's a new sounding one to me :).

I might not have spelled it right! It's an encruster and gets fuzzy polyps. The one I have is pink - although when I was doing the tank transfer, more than half receded and is just now starting to come back.

What's a stylotinella? That's a new sounding one to me :).

Totally misspelled it!!!!! Stylocoeniella! https://reefbuilders.com/2015/01/20/rainbow-stylocoeniella-diamond-rough-macna-2013/

I might not have spelled it right! It's an encruster and gets fuzzy polyps. The one I have is pink - although when I was doing the tank transfer, more than half receded and is just now starting to come back.

Totally misspelled it!!!!! Stylocoeniella! https://reefbuilders.com/2015/01/20/rainbow-stylocoeniella-diamond-rough-macna-2013/

Cool. Either spelling is new to me :). Which color did you get?

oh nevermind...saw you said pink!

Cool. Either spelling is new to me :). Which color did you get?

oh nevermind...saw you said pink!

I got it last August and it was growing really well - until I moved it. I hope it continues to improve!

Nope!

Oh your no fun.............everyone needs sticks..........

did you get the rest of the RFAs out?

Oh your no fun.............everyone needs sticks..........

did you get the rest of the RFAs out?

I have sticks! Gorgonians :)

I have five still in my 66 - and babies. Not sure how to get the babies out until they get bigger.

I have sticks! Gorgonians :)

I have five still in my 66 - and babies. Not sure how to get the babies out until they get bigger.

Well that's a really sad problem to have. Not.

nano_MC_reef

Its nice but not sure I would go that far :rolleyes: there is a certain coral that is lacking.......... :P

sorry just trying to be enthusiastic :happy:

Easy sticks, like stylophora. :)

I really like (copy/paste) Stylocoeniella corals. I got one by accident and it's not fancy or very pretty, just brown with green polyps) but it's a survivor.

Easy sticks, like stylophora. :)

I really like (copy/paste) Stylocoeniella corals. I got one by accident and it's not fancy or very pretty, just brown with green polyps) but it's a survivor.

I actually really like poccilopora (sp? - too lazy to go look it up) and I like green slimers and the blue stags. I had a bunch of digis in my biocube and an awesome Bud Bomber poci, but when i was trying to remove the pink and golds that were overtaking my tank, I just about nuked all my sps. The caps recovered, the puffy pink styloconiella wasn't impacted, but my poci and orange skin green bird and pink bird all peeled.

But MAYBE a poci and a slimer :) I like fuzzy things and the slimer is just such a striking green color. But with all my leathers, I feel like they're just doomed to fail from leather toxins. Maybe the crap ton of carbon I run will help :D

sorry just trying to be enthusiastic :happy:

Oh, don't listen to Spectra. He's mostly always full of poop. I like the enthusiasm!

Any tips on getting RFAs out of a tank?? I still have one that needs to go in the 10!!

I wish! I have a white one that I love, stuck right in a rock where I want to put the bubble tip I got yesterday. right now, the BTA is in a hospital box or whatever until I can get the white RFA out and over to the 10. I even tried the powerhead trick - didn't work. I have 5 that are being stubborn :)

If you can get your fingers on it's foot (hopefully RFA feet don't gross you out as much as people feet :D), you can slowly push/bother it until the foot starts to lift and then just apply pressure until it comes up. But be careful not to damage the foot. One of mine, it took me a half hour at least to safely get it off the tonga.

I have 5 that are being stubborn :)

I'm ok with RFA feet... I've used that trick for a couple. But the last one... it's wedged sooooo far into the rock. GRRRR!!

I'm ok with RFA feet... I've used that trick for a couple. But the last one... it's wedged sooooo far into the rock. GRRRR!!

yeah, that's like my white one. When I try to grab it, it sucks all the way down into a crevice.

:haha::ninja:

MDLBKK6.jpg

Silly Stella, you can't paint the corals. You have to manage nutrient levels and have good flow and lighting to get them to color up. :P

Silly Stella, you can't paint the corals. You have to manage nutrient levels and have good flow and lighting to get them to color up. :P

:lol:

Damn.

:lol:

Damn.

I can feel your disappointment from here. It's OK, we all make mistakes like that. Just remember to do your research online and ask the experts before you spend all that money next time. B)

I can feel your disappointment from here. It's OK, we all make mistakes like that. Just remember to do your research online and ask the experts before you spend all that money next time. B)

Well shit. I also just added two powder blue tangs and three yellow tangs to my tank. Is that ok? I guess I should've researched! :P

Archived