SaltCritters.com

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL 5' long is too long :) I think 4' is good. I have no idea how you even light a sucker that big :)

Umm...Very Carefully ;)

Nah... too small...

agreed. I think you should build a new house and have 1 room of literal floor to ceiling tank and have it about 4 feed in depth from front to back. You can only get into the middle by a secret tunnel that pops up through a hatch in the floor. Just my idea for my future mansion. :lol: not if I don't stop buying coral or driving without a job :lol:
ReefWeeds

agreed. I think you should build a new house and have 1 room of literal floor to ceiling tank and have it about 4 feed in depth from front to back. You can only get into the middle by a secret tunnel that pops up through a hatch in the floor. Just my idea for my future mansion. :lol: not if I don't stop buying coral or driving without a job :lol:

LOL! Yeah, and in my case "not if I want to stay happily married" :lol:

LOL 5' long is too long :) I think 4' is good. I have no idea how you even light a sucker that big :)

Um with a light :P a big light :lol:

RFA Baby is doing well! I have a few more but not in good spots for photos. Don't they know they should move themselves front and center so I can take pictures?

Zh0UHyD.jpg

Sinularia:

8aQi3lT.jpg

Kwcbffh.jpg

I picked this up in one of Glenn's Facebook auctions! It is a Stereonepthia - pretty sure it is photosynthetic as it reacts differently than my NPS one to light. But who knows. So far, it's been super happy and I love the color!

8rtJiMj.jpg

Gorgeous! Love the color. What is his FB page?

Thanks Newstead! Glenn posts auctions through the U.S. Nationwide Coral Auction House page and the Frags Auction Place page. If you message him on Facebook (Glenn Ritter) he can add you to both groups I believe - or you can just click the join button :)

Oops! forgot this! His business page is Coral Gardens Aquaculture.

Well, I just added some of this Poly Floss stuff with the hopes it will help me figure out what is going on with some of my toadstool leathers. Some leathers (Fiji, sinularia, etc.) seem to be doing really well then others like my Tyree toadstool and a few others seem to be in constant shed mode. We'll see.

Thanks! I have used the poly-filter in my QT after medicating. Hope it helps your leathers!

me too! It's so frustrating. I can't figure out what is going on. Ben mentioned that the Seachem matrix bio media may leach aluminum and that could bother some leathers. But before I remove the tons of bio matrix I have in my sump, I figured I'd try the poly floss to see if it changes color noting anything concerning. SO frustrating that I can't figure it out.

I picked this up in one of Glenn's Facebook auctions! It is a Stereonepthia - pretty sure it is photosynthetic as it reacts differently than my NPS one to light. But who knows. So far, it's been super happy and I love the color!

8rtJiMj.jpg

oooh I want it!

oooh I want it!

If it drops some pups I'll let you know for sure! Or if I frag it. It's way bigger than I expected when fully extended!

A few photos for today. Pagoda cup coral:

WopJ2Rt.jpg

Alevopora:

17NMoav.jpg

Happy Acans (yeah, I know - micromussa but I'm going to call them acans)

They're orange but at least these I bought orange :)

xwwkOuD.jpg

Polyps on a mussel:

zzs8Dp9.jpg

Blue kenya tree from Slowtwitch:

NShzeTO.jpg

Some RFAs that haven't made the move to the 10 yet.

apNtzJ2.jpg

Purply pink stereonepthia:

HIMAzCI.jpg

One of my RFA babies. I want to get it moved to the 10, but I'm nervous to hurt it. It's one of my favorites - yellow rimmed orange face :)

64Fi52Y.jpg?1

How many inverts do you spy?

exENghr.jpg

I am sure 1 is not the answer but that is all I see.

ha! Well, there's the rock flower anemone and the crab. right in front of those guys is one of my fighting conchs buried in the sand. If you look closely you can see his two eye stalks and his trunk sticking out of the sand

ha! Well, there's the rock flower anemone and the crab. right in front of those guys is one of my fighting conchs buried in the sand. If you look closely you can see his two eye stalks and his trunk sticking out of the sand

You got me. I see the conch now!

You got me. I see the conch now!

Well it's not a very good photo! I was trying to capture the conch but it was hard without distorting the photo given the angle

Just because. I talk about the dogs more, but we do have two cats. This one (Mac) is a big goober. He loves the dogs and makes himself at home wherever he happens to be. Here he is taking a nap in a windowsill (a few years back).

UVQr5oa.jpg

Archived