Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's Sixty-Six

ReefWeeds

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about this lobo I got from ASD during one of the Saturday sales? It's about 5" x 1-2" wide and was $35 :o

zi3VjaQ.jpg

Or the blasto garden under blues...

sAGivWj.jpg

Or these alves...

Gycbe6E.jpg

He's had that lobo for awhile I almost bought it when we had our fish nerd meeting there a few months ago he wanted $60 for it. The R2R sales are the only way I buy from him anymore.

He's had that lobo for awhile I almost bought it when we had our fish nerd meeting there a few months ago he wanted $60 for it. The R2R sales are the only way I buy from him anymore.

I had seen it posted up a few times during the live sales. Then finally I saw it again at $35 and I thought way too good to pass up. I didn't think it would be as big as it was when I got it! I like the crazy shape.

I had seen it posted up a few times during the live sales. Then finally I saw it again at $35 and I thought way too good to pass up. I didn't think it would be as big as it was when I got it! I like the crazy shape.

Compared to everything else he has in store he only has a few big lobos. They must not big sellers. He had it listed for $100 since we had our meeting there he dropped the price to $60 for the meeting. It was a bit big and I bought a smaller one instead. Same colors purple mouth. Had I known he would sell it for $35 I should have haggled with him. Nice piece for sure.

Compared to everything else he has in store he only has a few big lobos. They must not big sellers. He had it listed for $100 since we had our meeting there he dropped the price to $60 for the meeting. It was a bit big and I bought a smaller one instead. Same colors purple mouth. Had I known he would sell it for $35 I should have haggled with him. Nice piece for sure.

Did you post a photo in your thread? i'm going to go check it out! I really like lobos. I know they are slow growers, but thats ok. I like the textures, colors and growth patterns.

A couple of Sunday photos. I'm supposed to be doing a water change. Guess what I'm not doing? A water change :blush:

yNph09T.jpg

BqqciDU.jpg

I moved my clam into some higher light. It closes up whenever i'm close to the tank so I waited a bit before I took this for it to expand again.

Sgt7Hjt.jpg

A blue mushie and Spectra's baby mushie!

wFk4FRY.jpg

blue cloves. I know a lot of people curse these things since they can take over a tank. I love them and the pop of blue.

xv7b7Wc.jpg

One of my favorite cloves! I love how it's green down the stalk too rather than just on the polyp thingies.

6JHJOT5.jpg

Yellow and red finger gorgonians:

6MtDDIi.jpg

My hitchhiker brittle star is getting big!

k873VM5.jpg

Eagle eyes

GpwNiji.jpg

blasto!

49CtPTA.jpg

I have a LOT of bristle worms all of a sudden. I caught my cynarnia eating one this morning!

hRBQ8uW.jpg

Looking good there Rach! You mentioned the brittles, I've been finding copepods & hoping that my rock flowers get an occasional one.

Looks great! Taking pictures is always an acceptable activity in place of changing water :)

Bristle worms are taking over my 10g, probably because I feed way too much. I'm going to try trapping some.

if i have too much bristle worms, i will reboot the tank....hahahaha. i hate those things.

I know, they're good for the tank and are a great part of the clean up crew, blah blah blah, but when they get to be more than an inch long they're just all horror show to me :(

Looks great! Taking pictures is always an acceptable activity in place of changing water :)

Bristle worms are taking over my 10g, probably because I feed way too much. I'm going to try trapping some.

I found a big one that creeped me out last night :lol: it was a good 4-5 inches and fat :blink: I took a video. Creepy!

if i have too much bristle worms, i will reboot the tank....hahahaha. i hate those things.

They creep me out. But I feed a ton so I just keep telling myself they're good, they're good, they're good :lol:

I feed a cube of frozen cyclops in the am, filter feeder stuff during the day and a chunk of rods at night too :blush:

Looking good there Rach! You mentioned the brittles, I've been finding copepods & hoping that my rock flowers get an occasional one.

I bet they do!!! Mine will grab amphipods that crawl on their tentacles

How's that skimmer doing?

Awesome! The thing is a beast and I couldn't be happier! It is pulling some disgusting stuff out of the water and I love all the adjustments so you can really tweak it. How about yours?

Sk8n Reefer

Awesome! The thing is a beast and I couldn't be happier! It is pulling some disgusting stuff out of the water and I love all the adjustments so you can really tweak it. How about yours?

Same, it is pulling some of the darkest skimate I've seen, I tend to slowly adjust the open/close screw slight closed as it get dirty to keep the bubble high enough but it is a work horse. How's removing your collection cup- that's the only "pain" difficult thing cause it fits so tight

Well for what those things cost they better suck some shit out of the tank ;)

I have been running no skimmer for about 6 weeks now maybe longer and not sure if I want to go back to one. its just one less headache to deal with.

I feed a lot so it for sure helps get the shit out of the tank. Literally. I feel like it's an easy way to help maintain parameters.

Same, it is pulling some of the darkest skimate I've seen, I tend to slowly adjust the open/close screw slight closed as it get dirty to keep the bubble high enough but it is a work horse. How's removing your collection cup- that's the only "pain" difficult thing cause it fits so tight

Really? I find it is much easier to remove than the sca since it's the turn and lock kind rather than the gasket type you have to shimmy off. With the other type I found there was a 50/50 chance I'd dump the skim in the tank if I wasn't careful.

Oh I overfeed also ;) Hell its like a snow storm when I dump the food in there....... fish and corals are happy though.

I have a big skimmer waiting for the new tank but I like the macro garden in the sump so not really sure yet.

How about this lobo I got from ASD during one of the Saturday sales?

that lobo is gorgeous!

Pretty little guy.

after seeing this I am thinking my mystery LPS may be a lobo. Not as pretty as you guys have, but nice.

Archived