Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes Final Nano Bommie

Rehype

I've been running else mode for the last 9 months...I think I may switch to W1 on fast just to see if I get any reaction from the corals.

It creates a really nice swaying motion.I wouldnt run it all the time but definitely a few days a week.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JavaJacketOC

It creates a really nice swaying motion.I wouldnt run it all the time but definitely a few days a week.

Ok, I'll give it a go for a few days. I had the W2 on for a while but just didn't really like it in general, although I was using it on the slowest option.

Ok, I'll give it a go for a few days. I had the W2 on for a while but just didn't really like it in general, although I was using it on the slowest option.

It was probably my favorite mode but the only issue is it doesnt stir up detritus as well as some of the other modes.

Nice lighting system!! my tanks has been up for 8 years :)

Thanks!!Really do you have a link to your thread?!! :o:happy:

Corals on the mend

21767030239_37dd1d6efc_z.jpg

21964046641_9327b7b2cd_z.jpg

21766410568_ec55a849ee_z.jpg

21333133133_0babb6803b_z.jpg

They're looking great! Love those duncans, they are my favorite :wub:

Thanks so much teeny!

Tanks looking awesome! You should have a a package coming soon :)

Thanks man! Awesome cant wait to see it!!

Let's get some of those pics on the acan thread! ;D

Nice deep violet color showing there.

Equipment is solid, LPS are solid...now we just need some SPS! ^_^

Personally, I'm tempted to try halides in a future build. Perhaps I'm overstating this but...they're kinda before my time. I started reefing eight years ago and began with compact fluorescents haha, then Par 38's, then T5's, then T5/LED hybrid...by the time I was really getting into hard/light intensive coral, the LED revolution had already started. Part of it has just been avoiding the need for a chiller I think.

I'll keep following! Good luck hype :)

Let's get some of those pics on the acan thread! ;D

Nice deep violet color showing there.

Equipment is solid, LPS are solid...now we just need some SPS! ^_^

Personally, I'm tempted to try halides in a future build. Perhaps I'm overstating this but...they're kinda before my time. I started reefing eight years ago and began with compact fluorescents haha, then Par 38's, then T5's, then T5/LED hybrid...by the time I was really getting into hard/light intensive coral, the LED revolution had already started. Part of it has just been avoiding the need for a chiller I think.

I'll keep following! Good luck hype :)

Sure spencer ill throw some pics over there as its a been a while since I contributed to that thread.

Pics coming shortly :ninja:

Ill tell you this about halides the "look" they create is second only to natural sunlight. Ive tried just about every type of lighting out there but I always come back to halides. I know thats not a big deal to most reefers but overall aesthetics are really important to me not just the way a coral fluoresces under actinic lighting... call me old fashioned. Not to mention color/growth is pretty much a given. A chiller isnt always necessary as it really depends on the fixture, height off the water and ambient room temperature etc.

Thanks alot man appreciate it! :D

here you go no thread though..

Thats really awesome to see...congrats!!Any details about the system?

Sure spencer ill throw some pics over there as its a been a while since I contributed to that thread.

Pics coming shortly :ninja:

Ill tell you this about halides the "look" they create is second only to natural sunlight. Ive tried just about every type of lighting out there but I always come back to halides. I know thats not a big deal to most reefers but overall aesthetics are really important to me not just the way a coral fluoresces under actinic lighting... call me old fashioned. Not to mention color/growth is pretty much a given. A chiller isnt always necessary as it really depends on the fixture, height off the water and ambient room temperature etc.

Thanks alot man appreciate it! :D

I agree they do a great job simulating the look of sunlight and granted a chiller isn't always necessary, but in my case it would've been. I don't think you're old fashioned necessarily, I get tired of the actinic top-down shots (mainly from vendors)...it's simply isn't how corals are gonna be displayed in your tank 90% of the time...

If I had a big enough system, I'd probably do all three lol. Each has there perks obviously. I think a MH/LED combo is nice, you can cover all the big wavelengths with the MH's for growth and then selectively accent with LED's.

I just made a sick banner for the club...it needs a boost since I've been gone a while! Definitely check it out, I'll probably make it into a sig for people. It has some of your old acans in it!

Edit: SPS look good!

Woot woot!. Can't wait for an FTS with all the new goodies :).

Thanks jase ill definitely have one in a few weeks..maybe sooner :D

I agree they do a great job simulating the look of sunlight and granted a chiller isn't always necessary, but in my case it would've been. I don't think you're old fashioned necessarily, I get tired of the actinic top-down shots (mainly from vendors)...it's simply isn't how corals are gonna be displayed in your tank 90% of the time...

If I had a big enough system, I'd probably do all three lol. Each has there perks obviously. I think a MH/LED combo is nice, you can cover all the big wavelengths with the MH's for growth and then selectively accent with LED's.

I just made a sick banner for the club...it needs a boost since I've been gone a while! Definitely check it out, I'll probably make it into a sig for people. It has some of your old acans in it!

Edit: SPS look good!

Totally agree. A hybrid is the best option which I had thanks to dave at nanobox unfortunately the fixture would have been overkill for a tank this size.

Thanks man!!

Made it earlier today, I think it looks badass :D

21993908692_4dd1199cbb_b.jpg

This is too sick bro....I have some more pics ill add to the thread that I think would look great

i want my sump pics bro!!!! :D

I didnt forget about you bud I just had a few additions I plan to add over the next week :)

Nano sapiens

First sps...giving these guys a few more weeks before I add a bunch more.

21384698733_a0894b55f1_z.jpg

21818017948_ff2f60dcd4_z.jpg

21383099744_b261d8e3d2_z.jpg

'Fuzzy Sticks'...try 'em once and you can't stay away ;)

Oh I love colored sticks!

Me too bro...I want to add as many as possible

'Fuzzy Sticks'...try 'em once and you can't stay away ;)

True words. Its just something about them doesnt matter if theyre frags or colonies once you own one....your hooked. (pun intended)

Glad to see you back. Hope all is well! I am heading up there Nov 7-9th. Maybe we could meet!

Thanks dave glad to be back. That would be awesome pm and let me know where your going to be :)

Archived