Coral Vue Hydros

Hypes Final Nano Bommie

Rehype

So just wanted to take the time to give smiz a huge shoutout and thank you for building me a custom cover for my tank (much appreciated sir :happy: ) He makes custom lids to fit any aquarium. This is a premium product so they have a premium asking price but they are well worth as its some of the best craftsmanship ive seen. I first saw his work on masterbuilders tank and thought I have to have one of these for my build. My order was completed and shipped to me in less than a week and I am nothing but impressed at the quality. If your serious about keeping your fish in your tank and off your carpet while keeping your tank looking sexy take a serious look into these.

A few pics of mine...

20665210823_7bfa226dd9_z.jpg

21098229880_3de41c6e87_z.jpg

21098433218_fd59d9feea_z.jpg

21260064866_510219b349_z.jpg

21287805475_b69c64fcae_z.jpg

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

let's see it on the tank, man. Quit teasing!! lol

Done :D

That is a nice mesh top, indeed.

Sweet custom top, so sleek.

Thanks alot smiz does excellent work.

I would love a further back shot of the full tank with the custom cover on. I have debated getting something for my tank as I have lost 2 fish already from jumping.

Nice cover!...i need one..last week i lost my pink wrasse..jump to carpet.

Thanks! Contact smiz im sure he could make you a nice one.

Looking good Hype. Love the colour that light puts out.

Thanks alot shaun...me too

I would love a further back shot of the full tank with the custom cover on. I have debated getting something for my tank as I have lost 2 fish already from jumping.

Sure Ill take a better shot. Pretty much all of the fish im debating on are compulsive jumpers so it was mandatory.

Thanks for the words Rehype! Now lets keep those fish in tank!!

No worries smiz...thats the plan :D

Tank looks great so far, it's funny you're and my ideas of tank maturity are similar. 1-2 years just isn't even close. They can look great then but mature they are not. A 10 year old tank is a wonder to behold.

Tank looks great so far, it's funny you're and my ideas of tank maturity are similar. 1-2 years just isn't even close. They can look great then but mature they are not. A 10 year old tank is a wonder to behold.

Thanks alot man. I totally agree... its extremely rare to see in the nano community.

Thanks alot man. I totally agree... its extremely rare to see in the nano community.

It's rare to see in the hobby period - according to the data I've seen, most tanks never make it to even two years. :o

It's rare to see in the hobby period - according to the data I've seen, most tanks never make it to even two years. :o

Very true but I at least have been able to check out a couple of active threads on RC and even been able to see some in person that made it to or over that mark. Honestly nano sapiens is the only nano I know of (with a current thread) that has made it close to that mark.

Very true but I at least have been able to check out a couple of active threads on RC and even been able to see some in person that made it to or over that mark. Honestly nano sapiens is the only nano I know of (with a current thread) that has made it close to that mark.

Yeah, that Nano sapiens guy :rolleyes:. Guess he didn't get the memo that a nano tank should implode after no more than a few short years...sheesh.

Joking aside, here's another 7 year old tank:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/362143-7-years-old-biocube/

I have seen a 10+ year old 14g(?) on either RC or R2R (can't remember which).

Man this tank is beautiful. Makes me miss metal halide, it really is hard to beat that look. Following along!

Thanks alot man...thats exactly why I came back. Appreciate you following along

That top is sweet. Looks much better than what I built. lol

Thanks man.It looks heck of alot better than what I initially had planned too! :lol:

Yeah, that Nano sapiens guy :rolleyes:. Guess he didn't get the memo that a nano tank should implode after no more than a few short years...sheesh.

Joking aside, here's another 7 year old tank:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/362143-7-years-old-biocube/

I have seen a 10+ year old 14g(?) on either RC or R2R (can't remember which).

Your truly one of the few that has stuck with it. For most reefers after a few years the thought is to upgrade or restart.

Thanks for the link ive never seen that one.....If you happen to find the 10+ build could you post a link?

Thanks for the link ive never seen that one.....If you happen to find the 10+ build could you post a link?

I took a look for it, but to be honest I'm not sure if it was even a currently running tank. The latest posts I found on various sites using keywords 'old' & 'oldest' in the Nano forums were way back in 2010.

Like Brandon I'm constantly looking out for older Pico/Nano systems nearing the decade mark, but they seem to be few and far between :(

What I have found to be very important to running a tank long term is the psychological component. The easier something is, the more apt one is to do it (or maintain it) over time. Keeping equipment and accessories to a bare minimum allows more time to concentrate on the true essentials. All part of the reason why I run my tank as a 'natural' system :)

Looks great! I've always liked the looks of these tanks and I don't think they make them anymore. If I came across one, I'd be so tempted :).

Thanks gena! Yea its unfortunate they discontinued this model as it was a very well made tank. I couldnt pass on it once I saw the condition.

I took a look for it, but to be honest I'm not sure if it was even a currently running tank. The latest posts I found on various sites using keywords 'old' & 'oldest' in the Nano forums were way back in 2010.

Like Brandon I'm constantly looking out for older Pico/Nano systems nearing the decade mark, but they seem to be few and far between :(

What I have found to be very important to running a tank long term is the psychological component. The easier something is, the more apt one is to do it (or maintain it) over time. Keeping equipment and accessories to a bare minimum allows more time to concentrate on the true essentials. All part of the reason why I run my tank as a 'natural' system :)

I couldnt agree with you more....I totally plan to follow that methodology on this build. :happy:

Thanks gena! Yea its unfortunate they discontinued this model as it was a very well made tank. I couldnt pass on it once I saw the condition.

I couldnt agree with you more....I totally plan to follow that methodology on this build. :happy:

Beautiful tank, and such an inspiration, as always.

Is this tank different than the mini system on their website?

Do you mind sharing how noisy the tank is? They had a couple of ELOS tanks on display at MACNA but it's so noisy in that hall it was hard to tell what is coming from the system. I'm so tempted to buy the mini but my tank is in my living room and my current tank is dead silent.

Again, totally awesome tank!

Beautiful tank, and such an inspiration, as always.

Is this tank different than the mini system on their website?

Do you mind sharing how noisy the tank is? They had a couple of ELOS tanks on display at MACNA but it's so noisy in that hall it was hard to tell what is coming from the system. I'm so tempted to buy the mini but my tank is in my living room and my current tank is dead silent.

Again, totally awesome tank!

Thanks so much seanoli really appreciate it.

They replaced the mini system with the midi which is larger and has different dimensions

Its actually very quiet the only noise comes from the drain but its easily silenced with a filter sock.

Archived