Top Shelf Aquatics

MACNA 2016 San Diego

Sancho

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As well as the Apex breakfast and presentation. I believe you can sign in if registered at 7am and have a free legit b fast

Where's the link for that? I thought only press was allowed in before 11am?

First 150 people get extra raffle ticket and goodie bag for the Neptune breakfast. I walked by there last year and breakfast looked really good, not just some donuts.

That is my issue, if the Neptune raffle is at the end, do I stay for that or do I go into the hall an hour early for MASNA members? If I stay I won't win a thing, if I leave I will have won something. :D

Woohoo! So excited for this! I know I've been super MIA lately (new job is keeping me busy busy!), but I am so looking forward to MACNA and getting to hang out with everyone. Who's planning meet ups? We definitely need some! I'm driving down Friday and will be there for the reception and then leaving Sunday afternoon. I'm staying at the conference hotel, so I'll be around for after MACNA drinks :)

I know that Gena and I will be meeting up at some point! Can't wait to meet you and others. I'm also down for some drinks :)

First 150 people get extra raffle ticket and goodie bag for the Neptune breakfast. I walked by there last year and breakfast looked really good, not just some donuts.

champagne breakfast not a bad way to start the day :lol:

Everyone that purchased ahead of time has badges with their names.

Awesome.

Yeah I procrastinated and bought my passes last week so I'll have no badge :(.

Awesome.

It won't have the screen name though unless your screen name is the same as your real name (like me :)) Maybe I'll bring along some plain white stickers and hand them out for those that want to wear them with their screen name on them :).

Who's going to the banquet?

I'll be there.

Awesome.

Really? Did they state a cutoff time? Usually there is a printer at the registration booth. They may also offer a hand written solution.

Yeah if we just have some sharpies, we can write screen names onto the badges they print out. If you're looking for me, my name and screen name are the same though :) Oh and keep an eye out for the Reef Hobbyist magazines that will be at MACNA because they're the ones with my photo on the cover!

We really should just plan one big NR meet up so we can all meet eat other though. I think we were thinking Saturday night for that, right? I vote we do a bar/pool party at the resort after the banquet :)

I know that Gena and I will be meeting up at some point! Can't wait to meet you and others. I'm also down for some drinks :)

Perfect! I want to meet up with all of you NR'ers so I'm definitely in :)

Who's going to the banquet?

I'll be at the banquet and the reception. Speaking of the banquet, the NR people should meet up beforehand so we can go in together and grab a couple tables together.

Exactly what happens to me.

Can't wait :happydance:. Saturday they are having drinks by the pool after the banquet. Then the reception is a mingling thing too so I think that it's all covered :). Are you bringing a dessert???? ;) LOL...j/k unless you really want to!

Sounds good to me! Oh goodness, dessert? I'd love to but I have been sooooo busy. We'll see if I can make that happen, but no promises! I'll have to tell you guys all about my new job because it's awesome and I love it, but it's been keeping me busy and then with the 1.5 hour commute each way it makes for long days. Been soooo neglecting the tank and the forums. I'm doing a water change/scrub down today and then going to do another mid week so that the tank is in ship shape for new MACNA goodies. :)

Also forgot that MASNA members get access to the hall at 9am. Guaranteed free stuff for the places that have a limit.

Not the general ticket holders? Lectures start at 9am, so we can't attend? That seems counter intuitive.

Not the general ticket holders? Lectures start at 9am, so we can't attend? That seems counter intuitive.

General ticket holders is 10AM, MASNA members 9AM for the exhibit hall only. That hour early was nice last year, was not a lot of people in there so could walk right up to vendors and see what they had easily. An hour later it started to get busy, not as bad as the weekend though.

Always excited for MACNA. This will be my 18th one. I have hosted 3 of them. I have been going since 1991. Always enjoy meeting new friends and old ones from around the world.

We should get a list going to see who's going to banquet so we can meet up at the entrance.

sounds like a great idea as my original list is no longer up to date.

Archived