Cultivated Reef

MACNA 2016 San Diego

Sancho

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReefSafeSolutions

Wasn't able to meet anyone today from Nano-Reef, but MACNA is pretty wild for sure...so many people and vendors! I was a little surprised at the ratio of equipment to livestock. Couldn't find anyone willing to sell me their stinkin' clownfish! But I snagged my dad and I a couple three-headed gold torches for $50 a pop, so it was a success!

Managed to catch 30 minutes of Walt Smith's presentation before we had to scoot, but it was a great experience.

2 tables of nano reefers I have no idea who the bald guy is. Just 3 random people that thought the could sit at the cool kid table. 74CD69CD-3160-4468-B8AD-2E54C3E023FD_zps

So....give us the rundown on who's who......I see Martha...and maybe G......

Christopher Marks

Chris,

Any T-shirts left over that I could buy? :D

I do have a fair amount of L and XL T-shirts left over, I will take inventory of everything later this week and figure out a plan to get these into the hands of more members somehow!

I had a blast this year at MACNA! It was so great meeting everyone, thanks to all those who came out to our informal meetup last night too! I wish I had more time to visit with you all. I'm hoping to make it out to more events in the coming years, maybe even Reef-a-palooza in Orange County this November.

Photos to come, stay tuned.

Had a great time with you all last night and i will try to become more active on this forum with a great group of people. Thank you Chris and Courtney for putting the meet up together I had a blast!! Hope to see you all in MACNA New Orleans 2017.

I didn't get to meet anyone but spent a few hours at MACNA today! What an amazing event. I made great contacts and have loaded up my Christmas/Birthday/AwesomeWife gift list for probably 5 years!

Everyone was so welcoming and I feel as though I just received a years worth of information in a few hours!

I met an amazing artist Gamini Ratnavira!! OMG his work is amazing!! Also I know most of you are super advanced and don't do the BC but the new lighting coming out this year is soooooo cool!! AND the hood will be available for the older BC :-) Happy day!

Thanks for a great event- I am so happy to have the NR forum to hear about it!

post-90838-0-02143900-1473640034_thumb.jpg

post-90838-0-46292600-1473640048_thumb.jpg

post-90838-0-95911600-1473640221_thumb.jpg

you wouldnt have used it anyway. feel better. (did you get my light?) :flower:

I would have needed to get a tank to go with the sump lol

I saw one Elos light, asked the guy what it was, and he had no idea??

I was there. 3 people missed out

I think actually my friend from SDreefs ended up getting it!

I do have a fair amount of L and XL T-shirts left over, I will take inventory of everything later this week and figure out a plan to get these into the hands of more members somehow!

I had a blast this year at MACNA! It was so great meeting everyone, thanks to all those who came out to our informal meetup last night too! I wish I had more time to visit with you all. I'm hoping to make it out to more events in the coming years, maybe even Reef-a-palooza in Orange County this November.

Photos to come, stay tuned.

Would also be interested. .

I was on the first floor!

The gap between the door and the door frame was wide enough for me to stick my finger through.....watch out for the peepers :ninja:

We were on the second floor :D. No gap but the curtains on our window wouldn't close all the way. Plus we had the creepy girl on our wall :wacko:. But I saw Merthy's room and ours was not quite so bad. She had some interesting things on her bathroom ceiling :wacko:. That place was a trip. Could NOT wait to get the hell out of there!

2 tables of nano reefers I have no idea who the bald guy is. Just 3 random people that thought the could sit at the cool kid table. 74CD69CD-3160-4468-B8AD-2E54C3E023FD_zps

I wondered who that guy was. He was alone? Guess he thought you looked like a safe group to sit with :lol:.

So....give us the rundown on who's who......I see Martha...and maybe G......

Left of bald guy is StevieT's wife. I can't id the next guy. Next is Martha and then her brother. I can't tell who the girl is. Next table above bald guy's head is another bald guy LOL..that's my husband. I'm to his right and my son to his left. Felicia is to my right, and then Christina to her right. Guy in yellow jersey is from Bay Area reef club as well as guy to my son's left. Can't remember who was to the right of guy in yellow jersey. Christopher Marks and his wife (two incredibly sweet people) were with us as well but had gotten up to mingle, I think.

B253A7C0-B319-46EB-9267-A0E7B3FBEFFB_zps

Nice pig drawing!

I would have needed to get a tank to go with the sump lol

I saw one Elos light, asked the guy what it was, and he had no idea??

I think actually my friend from SDreefs ended up getting it!

:( freaking vendors. why they gotta tease like dis? thanks for trying though

StevieT out getting more drinks.

Bald guy works for Milwaukee Instruments.

where's dat kat at?

5 of us got to the banquet late. I blame it on the wine from the pre game party on the 7th floor. :D

We found an empty table on the far left of the room. Totally thought we had missed the meal but they were still serving that side of the room by the time we sat down. The entertainment was fantastic. And then the after party. Or should I say parties. Will recap on my thread later.

IKRBuying my ticket for next year right now

. You're going to New Orleans?!? I am for sure going! Nobody left to get married that I know of and Jeff loves NO!

Archived