Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

MACNA 2016 San Diego

Sancho

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3:45, I'm a little nervous since there isn't a designated shuttle to the convention center, but I'm told the shuttle on the website works pretty well. You just have to schedule it and enter in the address.

We'll be fighting rush hour traffic as we make our way down :wacko:. Wish I could get there earlier!

But is it close enough that you can day drink and walk into Claire's to get a bunch of ear piercings? Because this is my main worry here.

I read there's a really nice walkway from the resort grounds to the mall. So utterly convenient :lol:.
Kellie in CA

Of course the one time this is local, I have a toddler to take care of. Hmmmm..... is it worth going to for just a day? If so, which one?

Of course the one time this is local, I have a toddler to take care of. Hmmmm..... is it worth going to for just a day? If so, which one?

If I were to pick a day, it'd be Saturday :).
ReefSafeSolutions

I'm local and contemplating going as well...but not really for the seminars, mostly for livestock. Do vendors come and sell fish/coral at these things, and is it worth it to buy there or do they jack up the prices?

I'm local and contemplating going as well...but not really for the seminars, mostly for livestock. Do vendors come and sell fish/coral at these things, and is it worth it to buy there or do they jack up the prices?

Will be nice to meet you Jacob. Send me a PM when you get there.

We'll be fighting rush hour traffic as we make our way down :wacko:. Wish I could get there earlier!

I read there's a really nice walkway from the resort grounds to the mall. So utterly convenient :lol:.

I do not envy you for having to drive there! You'll have to hit me up when you arrive. I'll PM you my number :)

I am planning to go for one day also! Saturday is probably the best bet for me for arranging childcare. Can't we just throw all the kids in a Ballroom with juice, chips and Disney? What could go wrong!??

This is my 4th one - in a row. I promised myself I will hit every MACNA if I'm alive! Being that your local, it should be no question at all.

Don't expect it to be a big frag swap though. However, you can see a lot of stuff you normally don't see at your LFS. Having said that, there's some big ticket items. You can still find some bread and butter. Prices drop each day if you look close, especially if you find the out of town vendors. I think there may be a tad more hardware vendors this year, however they still set up tanks. Usually there is a LFS/vendor stocking the tanks & everything is for sale. Also since you are local, you may be able to score on some ridiculous good deals on hardware/tanks before the show is over. Vendors don't want to take tanks home.

I do not envy you for having to drive there! You'll have to hit me up when you arrive. I'll PM you my number :)

Last time we drove from L.A. to San Diego, on a Friday, it took almost 4 hours :wacko:. I don't want to miss the buses to the pier omgomgomg

Last time we drove from L.A. to San Diego, on a Friday, it took almost 4 hours :wacko:. I don't want to miss the buses to the pier omgomgomg

you gotta be kidding...I plan to drive from Garden Grove early on Friday. Is parking on site or off? fees?

you gotta be kidding...I plan to drive from Garden Grove early on Friday. Is parking on site or off? fees?

Well I'm in Burbank so that was like 2 hours just to get to you :lol:. Traffic was horrific that day and I'm hoping it won't happen again. Traffic seemed even worse coming into San Diego during rush hour than in LA. I am not looking forward to that :wacko:.

I know if you have a pass to the reception they are busing people from the hotel to the pier and I'm assuming it's free. I'm not sure what the cost will be if we have to drive and park at the pier, if we miss the bus.

Well I'm in Burbank so that was like 2 hours just to get to you :lol:. Traffic was horrific that day and I'm hoping it won't happen again. Traffic seemed even worse coming into San Diego during rush hour than in LA. I am not looking forward to that :wacko:.

I know if you have a pass to the reception they are busing people from the hotel to the pier and I'm assuming it's free. I'm not sure what the cost will be if we have to drive and park at the pier, if we miss the bus.

Me too, so glad to know so I can get a head start. I don't have pass to the reception, just the event. I thought parking is on site for free but really glad to know about the pier parking if otherwise.

i have been to several conventions at the town and country parking is free for hotel guest and sometimes free for convention attendees. Or it's capped at like $5 for the convention. There is plenty of parking on site.

take your kid out of school for the day and come down early if he is in LAUSD he won't miss much :lol: parking will suck at the pier area and if you can't find a meter your looking at maybe $20 for a spot in one of the private lots in that area.

i have been to several conventions at the town and country parking is free for hotel guest and sometimes free for convention attendees. Or it's capped at like $5 for the convention. There is plenty of parking on site.

That's nice! I'm staying at Town and Country so I guess it's free for me either way. This is so exciting!

If you are driving in for a day and don't want to pay any parking you can park at Fashion Vallley- Quick walk over and free-http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/garage/fashion_valley_mall/92108/san_diego/

I so wish I was still going to macna!! Jealous that you guys will have all the fun!

:-( :-( I thought you were going!!! I was SO hoping to meet you and give you a big hug! You have been so awesome to me!

If you are driving in for a day and don't want to pay any parking you can park at Fashion Vallley- Quick walk over and free-http://en.parkopedia.com/parking/garage/fashion_valley_mall/92108/san_diego/

:-( :-( I thought you were going!!! I was SO hoping to meet you and give you a big hug! You have been so awesome to me!

:wub: that's nice of you to say!!! I wish I was going. I have a wedding I'm going to now that there's no way to get out of :(

:wub: that's nice of you to say!!! I wish I was going. I have a wedding I'm going to now that there's no way to get out of :(

Have a blast! Just know you are appreciated! Thank you so much for all the awesome advice you give the new kids :-)

Have a blast! Just know you are appreciated! Thank you so much for all the awesome advice you give the new kids :-)

I hope you guys all post up some good photos and stuff!! Can't wait to see!

I so wish I was still going to macna!! Jealous that you guys will have all the fun!

you made the choice to go to your 4th cousins, sisters boyfriend, twice removed from the families relative of some sort stupid ass wedding. I have no pity for your jealousy ;):lol:

you made the choice to go to your 4th cousins, sisters boyfriend, twice removed from the families relative of some sort stupid ass wedding. I have no pity for your jealousy ;):lol:

:lol: well, if I didn't go, the 5th cousin's boyfriend 's sister's godfather would make sure there was hell to pay. Scared me into saying yes!

Archived