Pod Your Reef

MACNA 2016 San Diego

Sancho

WTF? Currency exchange? Huntington Beach is in Merica. :lol: As it gets closer the price for the full weekend pass will go up and things like the reception and banquet will sell out. You can get day passes at the door. Although if you plan on doing the entire weekend its best to buy the full pass. Those passes will sell out. With the full pass you get the reception on Friday and the banquet on Saturday. The reception sounds like its gonna be well worth it.

I'm back home in Canada, i split my time between Toronto and HB lol.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're there for a lot longer that I thought it takes for setup.

We're coming in early for a some sight seeing/relax time first. We usually come in Wednesday and set up Thursday the week of the show but since we're flying in this time figured to make it into a business paid vacation. Now I just have to work out shipping our booth and working around the Union BS of GES (company that works all the MACNA's)

And if the inTank booth is empty presume we're stuck in a Mexican jail

Pretty much. ####ing table costs are out of control as well.

I've got labor time built into my booth. What worries me is if you have it shipped in they warehouse it and bring it to the actual venue, and vice versa on the way out. Horror stories of what that costs. So need to work around that BS.

Drinking never has to stop. You can find groups at bars, at the hotel bars, and there are "private" room parties that big boys put on. We usually find ourselves in there for the free booze and insider secret conversations about how we can take more of all you'alls money. :naughtydance:

Plus many offer drinks at their booths, such as Cobalt

Wow, I had no idea there was so much alcohol abuse at these aquarium shows?! This really shatters my "wholesome image" of the hobby. ;)

That said.........................what are you drinking these days Stevie? Gin, vodka, single malt? I'll bring a bottle by your booth and we can talk about equipment for my new Reefer 170. :D

David

That said.........................what are you drinking these days Stevie? Gin, vodka, single malt? I'll bring a bottle by your booth and we can talk about equipment for my new Reefer 170. :D

David

Jack. Always Jack

But I'm an equal opportunity consumer

wait, is this my chance to hit on yoshii, kat, felicia, stevieT, etc at the same time? with those odds, I'm bound to get lucky. Fingers cross for steviepoo!

wait, is this my chance to hit on yoshii, kat, felicia, stevieT, etc at the same time? with those odds, I'm bound to get lucky. Fingers cross for steviepoo!

Nippy, you're actually going to make it to MACNA? whoa.

Oh goodness, the joys of being a female reefer. Why did I ever change my username to my actual name? I used to fly under the radar and have the people that didn't talk to me regularly calling me "bro" and "man" because they just assume everyone is a male :lol: You might want to be careful who you hit on considering I have a tankful of venomous fish! :P

Joking aside though, I'm getting super excited for this. I am starting to think about an upgrade that would happen in October or November of this year, so MACNA is perfect timing for looking at equipment and new products and such. Also, it will be tons of fun to hang out with all of you! I've got my ticket and I finally got around to booking a room, so I'll be in the convention hotel for anyone who wants to get cocktails at the bar and chat reefs. :D

your name was just thrown in there as a red herring as I'm really gunning to get in intank.

also pleaseeeee! I have like 4 rhinopias carcasses in my freezer from a decade ago. step up your predatory game. B)

your name was just thrown in there as a red herring as I'm really gunning to get in intank.

also pleaseeeee! I have like 4 rhinopias carcasses in my freezer from a decade ago. step up your predatory game. B)

I figured you were just joking around. Hence me joking around back :lol:

This makes me wonder if 10-year old rhinopias carcasses would be venomous by now. I'm thinking that since the venom is protein based that its probably denatured in the freezer. I wouldn't want to test that theory though. Also, why do you have $2,000 worth of 10 year old dead fish in your freezer?

I hoard dead things.

This should be your pickup line at MACNA. Guarantee you it will work wonders......

.... at making people running screaming in the other direction :lol: Granted, it might work on StevieT ;)

:huh:

the ladies usually get curious and come back asking for a peek. but please, let's keep the flirting private as to not detract from this threat. I'll see you jerks at this fishdork convention if I remember to buy tickets.

@felicia

the ladies usually get curious and come back asking for a peek. but please, let's keep the flirting private as to not detract from this threat. I'll see you jerks at this fishdork convention if I remember to buy tickets.

@felicia

Yes, you and StevieT should definitely keep that private. This is a PG-13 forum :lol:

Yes, you and StevieT should definitely keep that private. This is a PG-13 forum :lol:

My thread do what you want. I am OK with an R rating. Kinda looking forward to this supernip / Stevie thing. I still have no idea if supernip is a man or women. :lol:

Archived