Cultivated Reef

####### Fatass Challenge

evanski

HecticDialectics

I don't understand how it's possible to have a logical discussion with you. We went from talking about the pinnacle of a sport to high school. Have I ever been in college? Did you not read where I posted a list of publications including some of mine? So not half ass includes working out and following a strict diet?

Not sure what you mean... I've said half assed the entire time and Im still saying half-assed. And i also clearly made a distinction for the semi pro and pro vs big by any normal standards... So i dunno man...

Like I said, a half assed workout and diet with abusing steroids makes a big difference... For some reason people who dont use steroids and bust their ass dont like to admit this. You arent the first. Im never sure why. It doesnt make you any less dedicated...

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, peeps. This is supposed to be a fun thread to meet common goals. Can we get away from the "who's is bigger" crap and get back to helping support each other? It ceases to be fun when it turns into a crap throwing match.

I know this was a few pages ago, but I was thinking about this this morning, as I scrolled past 3 different channels advertising the 21 Day Fix. What's nice about it is that it gives you a method to determine portion sizes for meals. Some people are surprised that they should be eating less (or even more) of certain types of foods. And once you understand how much to eat, you won't need to rely on the containers any longer.

Also, it contains a beginner's workout. Sure you can lose weight with diet alone; however, adding exercise enhances the weight loss. Plus, it makes you healthier and more fit in the process. I believe that all you need are some neoprene hand weights that you can pickup at Target.

I think it would be interesting if someone would decide to go on this plan and report back their results.

Fixes like these are a dime a dozen unfortunately, and most (not all) people who go through them simply revert back to their old habits once it's done. I'm an avid believer in people finding something that they truly enjoy doing because it makes them happy, not because they think this person or that person wants them to lose weight (external motivation factors) or I'm putting myself through this mess ONLY to get to my goal of X weight. Fixing the diet alone is a great starting point, as 90% of what goes on in the gym or training in general is not only fueled by what happens in the kitchen, but it is also a huge factor in the end results. 2000 Calories of donuts versus 2000 calories of poultry, dairy, fruits, and veggies obviously makes a tremendous difference. As far as dropping pounds in the belly and butt, there is unfortunately no such thing as "spot treating". The body will lose weight in the easiest spots first, then hold on to the visceral fat as it is an evolutionary survival trait (hence why it's the hardest and last to lose). I think the best ways to go about the weight loss process are to begin with cutting calories by roughly 10%, then judge how that effects your body as well as your overall feeling. Cutting calories too quick sends your body into an "oh crap I'm starving" mode, reducing metabolism, catabolizing muscle, and holding on to fat. Upping the protein is another great way to increase weight loss, as a higher protein diet can cause up to 20% of the calories ingested to be burned simply by how hard the body has to work to digest it. Incorporating some higher intensity training (interval biking, walking 2 minutes running 1 minute, etc.) increase the caloric burning effect long after training is done (hence why heavy strength training makes us SO HUNGRY!), whereas low/moderate exercise only burns calories for the duration of exercise. Hope some of these tips may help some of you out there, and if you have any questions about any of this or more feel free to ask!

P.S. Sorry for the novel :wub:

I know this was a few pages ago, but I was thinking about this this morning, as I scrolled past 3 different channels advertising the 21 Day Fix. What's nice about it is that it gives you a method to determine portion sizes for meals. Some people are surprised that they should be eating less (or even more) of certain types of foods. And once you understand how much to eat, you won't need to rely on the containers any longer.

Also, it contains a beginner's workout. Sure you can lose weight with diet alone; however, adding exercise enhances the weight loss. Plus, it makes you healthier and more fit in the process. I believe that all you need are some neoprene hand weights that you can pickup at Target.

I think it would be interesting if someone would decide to go on this plan and report back their results.

I did look into this, but I'm not good at following directions. I've sort of used the meal plan as a guide, and think it will make a little bit of a difference.

I just need more time for working out.

Eatin' my pizza and drinkin' some water. Can't have my chocolate and nuts till I have 2 cups of water!!

So. Back to the food. I'm not sure what to have for lunch. Yet.

You missed the lunch train girl. Its already 2pm.

just ate a skim milk string cheese. im having a beer or 3 tonight and need to watch my calories. ;)

You da ####in man Pat! Get that beer!

Not doing something right. Super light headed after flying with some simple maneuvers...

Think it's just too little food. Egg & fruit breakfast with a piece of toast with fish on it for lunch is overdoing it- need more food lol

The flaxseeds were a bit chewy. I think I'll go with flaxseed meal next time. It actually is really good surprisingly! Nobody believes me when I say that.

I hate how slimy flaxseeds get...even if the oil is so good for us.

Not doing something right. Super light headed after flying with some simple maneuvers...

Think it's just too little food. Egg & fruit breakfast with a piece of toast with fish on it for lunch is overdoing it- need more food lol

Harry, you need to be careful. You are still growing! I would be extra careful with making sure you get enough calories throughout the day, just eat healthy foods. Looks like you are making great choices. Just eat more and exercise more. Take the dog for a couple of walks during the day :). You should have no problem losing the weight in the middle (if I'm remembering correctly). You are young :).

I had my usual half turkey sandwich with mustard and spinach on a nuts/seed bread. A radish from the garden. And cut up cucumbers. And a watered down glass of mango nectar. I even water down my glasses of milk or add a bunch of ice. Not to cut calories...I just like it that way :).

I hate how slimy flaxseeds get...even if the oil is so good for us.

Harry, you need to be careful. You are still growing! I would be extra careful with making sure you get enough calories throughout the day, just eat healthy foods. Looks like you are making great choices. Just eat more and exercise more. Take the dog for a couple of walks during the day :). You should have no problem losing the weight in the middle (if I'm remembering correctly). You are young :).

I had my usual half turkey sandwich with mustard and spinach on a nuts/seed bread. A radish from the garden. And cut up cucumbers. And a watered down glass of mango nectar. I even water down my glasses of milk or add a bunch of ice. Not to cut calories...I just like it that way :).

Is that a new profile picture? :wub::flower::bowdown:

After seeing what you've posted for meals you are absolutely correct sir. No reason a 17 year old man should cut back food intake so hard. Just find something physical to do and watch the lbs fall off.

After seeing what you've posted for meals you are absolutely correct sir. No reason a 17 year old man should cut back food intake so hard. Just find something physical to do and watch the lbs fall off.

Yep, sadly have to sweat Instead haha :(:lol:

Yep, sadly have to sweat Instead haha :(:lol:

Probably not really that much sweating. Take your dog's for a walk. Ride a bike casually. Go for a swim. Little to no sweating involved in any of those and you will burn some calories while developing some muscle which will begin to burn more calories even at rest. Start easy and make it a habit. Too many people start too hard and too fast and burn out or give up because they get hurt.

Recipe guaranteed to work for weight loss: Naval deployment!

Lost 35lbs in 6 months time. Between the crappy food they serve onboard a ship plus nothing to do but fill your time with working and working out will guarantee you to lose weight :D

Atleast 2,000 calories!!

12_egg_Omelette

Dinner double cheese burger, 1 Sam Adams, friends with cheese the big ass ice coffee from starbucks. Today was a good dinner. Then I ate my wife's half of her burger and my mother in laws top piece of bread from her sandwich.

HecticDialectics

Had a skim latte earlier today. Protein bar. Just had seared chicken breast (with style in butter) with a bourbon peach glaze and a cup of green beans for dinner. At about 1200 calories for the day. 1500 yesterday.

Is that a new profile picture? :wub::flower::bowdown:

It is :).

I just denied a change to go to Whip and Dip.

Not sure if I'm happy with that decision or regretting it...

Is that an ice cream joint? Should have went. You are young...you can eat what you want, within reason, if you get some exercise! Don't deny yourself a treat like that every now and then. You are a kid, have fun....it's good for you :).

Archived