Pod Your Reef

####### Fatass Challenge

evanski

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Snow_Phoenix

I had a yoghurt drink for breakfast. And two slices of wheatgrain bread with Nutella (bad, bad! I know. :( ).

I'm really having trouble cutting back my addiction to Nutella. Ever since I've discovered it, it's like I have to have a slice of bread with it every day. -sigh-

Well, if the weather permits - I'll go for a walk around the park today. Just to set to flabby muscles to work. I think if I start sprinting/jogging outright, I might pull something since I'm not fit right now.

Okay, long day! No breakfast, pretty much my norm. Lunch was a salad with grilled chicken and walnuts. Slipped up a bit at dinner because family went out to Quaker Steak and Lube, had an amazing buffalo chicken mac and cheese, only ate half though, half will be lunch tomorrow. Tea and water for drinks all day. :)

Ain't no hard or fast rules...consider yourself joined.

Don't have enough to lose (net or by percentage) to "win" anything...but looking forward to feeling better after getting back in shape.

oh shit now the pressure is on. Thought about going on a diet when my fancy pants did not quite fit last week.

oh shit now the pressure is on. Thought about going on a diet when my fancy pants did not quite fit last week.

I was in DC for the first time in a couple of months on business. There was a big difference in fit from 238 to 250!

I went to the pantry to grab a snack...

Cheerios - stale. Pretzels - stale. Tea - expired two years ago?!?

So I cleaned out my pantry (3 grocery bags full of expired food) and still have no snack. :(

:lol: I kind of miss pretzels, I used to eat a bag a week. But I still eat Honey Nut Cheerios (with non-fat milk and a banana) for breakfast.

I was kind of surprised when I did a little research on the glycemic index. Although I don't believe that all of the numbers are right; I mean, is Frosted Flakes really that much lower than Cornflakes? But I use different charts as a guide to help make better choices.

It's not healthy to get not eat carbohydrates, so I made a conscious effort to switch from foods which are higher on the GI scale to lower GI carbs. Although, I didn't make an effort to count the glycemic load (which takes into account serving sizes). For me, it was more about eating carbs that have less impact on blood glucose levels.

Basically what you eat and what your fit bit says you would be dead :lol: those things are off I just got a class action settlement for the Nike fuel band.

So, I get that fitbits, jawbones and such aren't accurate. I have a jawbone and if I'm running, it doesn't accurately track - it actually errs on the side of LPOS. BUT isn't the concept of losing weight burning more calories than you consume? So you wouldn't be dead if you consumed less than you burned. Granted, I"m not saying burning 2500 calories in a day without some serious working out is likely....

Holy crap. Too much to catch up on.

Dinner = seared ahi, spinach, jack, wine. Coffee is next followed by computer work .....making presentations for tomorrow!

YUM. That sounds awesome. Although Jack and wine would'a killed me. Good luck in your presentations today tomorrow! I have one myself today so I will be really glad when today is over.

Just remember:

Make sure to tee up the conversation before you get into the deep dive otherwise you might need to take the conversation offline in order to truly shift the paradigm in order to leverage a best practice to offer a best-in-breed solution. (and I hope you get this, or someone does otherwise y'all are gonna think I'm nuts)

DOOOO it. Join the club! We all want our fancy pants to fit better.

I vote for smiley faces painted on your fat bellies as avatars. :lol:

Sancho, holy shit. I say negative on that.

I like there bowls to.

Burrito all the way. The bowls are for sissies ;) And yeah, I'm totally kidding. About the sissy part, not the burrito part.

LOVE almond butter. I eat that a lot for breakfast on a rice cake with apricot jelly. In fact, I had that for breakfast this morning!

I like cashew butter myself. Almond butter is good too.

Split pea soup that expired in 2013. Who the hell buys spilt pea soup?? Even funnier, I moved into my apartment May 2014, so that means I packed up expired split pea soup!!

:lol::lol: you crack me UP! Apparently you were looking for some fiber.

So, I get that fitbits, jawbones and such aren't accurate. I have a jawbone and if I'm running, it doesn't accurately track - it actually errs on the side of LPOS. BUT isn't the concept of losing weight burning more calories than you consume? So you wouldn't be dead if you consumed less than you burned. Granted, I"m not saying burning 2500 calories in a day without some serious working out is likely.... Holy crap. Too much to catch up on.

YUM. That sounds awesome. Although Jack and wine would'a killed me. Good luck in your presentations tomorrow! I have one myself today so I will be really glad when today is over.

Just remember:

Make sure to tee up the conversation before you get into the deep dive otherwise you might need to take the conversation offline in order to truly shift the paradigm in order to leverage a best practice to offer a best-in-breed solution. (and I hope you get this, or someone does otherwise y'all are gonna think I'm nuts)

Think what I meant is if you burn 2300 calories a day and eat 1800 you are negative 500. So if you did that every day?

So, I get that fitbits, jawbones and such aren't accurate. I have a jawbone and if I'm running, it doesn't accurately track - it actually errs on the side of LPOS. BUT isn't the concept of losing weight burning more calories than you consume? So you wouldn't be dead if you consumed less than you burned. Granted, I"m not saying burning 2500 calories in a day without some serious working out is likely....

Studies show that the biggest factor on losing weight is expelling more calories than you consume. You have to force your body to use the energy stores it has by not giving that energy in another form. There are lots of conflicting studies on how that should be accomplished in what you eat, the big one being carbs or fat, but ultimately they all agree that you can stop eating whatever food-type you like, but if you are taking in more calories than you expend, you won't lose weight. Recent work suggests that cutting fat is more important than cutting carbs, but cutting carbs allows for faster weight loss.

Think what I meant is if you burn 2300 calories a day and eat 1800 you are negative 500. So if you did that every day?

You lose weight until you stop doing that. Eventually you would die if you continued that trend. But doing this for a time to cut weight is fine.

HA! ok, I get your point. You'd be dead ;)

Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal with 1 spoonful of almond butter, a banana, and a spoonful of honey. 2 cups of coffee, black as my soul (like always)

Breakfast was a bowl of oatmeal with 1 spoonful of almond butter, a banana, and a spoonful of honey. 2 cups of coffee, black as my soul (like always)

I had an avocado, spinach, green apple and coconut water smoothie with some flax meal. I took a picture, imgur isn't cooperating. It was actually really good. I then washed it down with a giant cup of coffee with a touch of honey and fat free half and half - I can't drink my coffee black or unsweetened. And I've tried, believe me. I don't like it sweet, but it needs a little bit of sweet to take the edge off for me.

HecticDialectics

You lose weight until you stop doing that. Eventually you would die if you continued that trend. But doing this for a time to cut weight is fine.

No way you'll go into starvation mode! Lol

Snow_Phoenix

Dinner - one corn bun and one small cup of low-fat, high Calcium milk followed by a crap load of meds. If I ever get hungry again, I'll snack on the papayas and jackfruit in the fridge. And give my nutella jar on the microwave a glare for being an enticing prick. <_<

No way you'll go into starvation mode! Lol

There is definitely this as well, probably more likely in the event lawn described but too few calories taken in and too many expended is no bueno

bfast - oatmeal

lunch - lasagna :wub:

snack - nut mix

Gotta go in search of a morning snack again. I think this time I'll look for a single serve veggie platter. Or grab one of those hummus and pretzel cups.

bfast - oatmeal

lunch - lasagna :wub:

snack - nut mix

Gotta go in search of a morning snack again. I think this time I'll look for a single serve veggie platter. Or grab one of those hummus and pretzel cups.

Hard boiled eggs and carrots are a really yummy snack. Just sayin....... :lol: Your lunches crack me up.

What about selfie sticks? Seems like anytime we go where there are crowds, you see people holding those selfie sticks. We went to Santa Monica on Saturday and took a family selfie with the ocean behind us. I felt goofy doing that LOL.

OMG, taking a family portrait/selfie is definitely NOT what I was insinuating. That's completely awesome! I'm more meaning the people that miss life by trying to take the perfect selfie to post on Facebook rather than actually living and enjoying life. Anyway, hope my little rant didn't tick anyone off. I swear I'm not pessimistic. It must be the lack of sugar :lol:

Healthy breakfast shake:

1 cup ice (0)

1/2 cup milk (60)

1 banana (100)

Coffee (1 heaping tbs)

1 packet Swiss mix (138)

Total: <300

FFBB624D-BF83-4419-B354-1F4EA7124722_zps

8EFE6D52-7561-4471-A147-6E44CED69E9B_zps

Archived