inTank Media Baskets

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

I really like the left side of the scape now! Nice work :)

It's amazing that I've had that rock for over two years and never really used it :)

Well, technically I gave it to a friend of mine and he used it for a lot of that time, but he converted his tank to a cichlid tank and didn't need it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gahhh, why does Liveaquaria have to do their lower shipping tier sale thing right now!! I have almost $200 in paypal and another $130 coming in a few days, but I might need that sometime in the next month and a half when my wife is on maternity leave. I could get most of the fish I want all in one go and have a guarantee. :(

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Gahhh, why does Liveaquaria have to do their lower shipping tier sale thing right now!! I have almost $200 in paypal and another $130 coming in a few days, but I might need that sometime in the next month and a half when my wife is on maternity leave. I could get most of the fish I want all in one go and have a guarantee. :(

Baby's need fish in a tank to look at. Whenever me little ones got cranky, I just parked them in front of the tank.......worked every time. You'd be ordering fish for the betterment of your family. Stop being selfish and buy some fish.

jedimasterben

Baby's need fish in a tank to look at. Whenever me little ones got cranky, I just parked them in front of the tank.......worked every time. You'd be ordering fish for the betterment of your family. Stop being selfish and buy some fish.

I like the way you think, jackie!

Though we do have a hurricane heading our way. If we lose power, the new fish could get way more stressed out and that wouldn't be good, so I think it is better that I wait a bit.

My son is the same way, when he's being crappy I just sit in front of the tank on my lap and he's good to go. He loves the fish.

jedimasterben

So 1/4tsp of calcium carbonate powder is about 0.88 grams, which is what is in 2mL of Coral Snow. So 1/8tsp dose per 100 liters volume, or 25 gallons. Easy as pie.

20150826_181336.jpg

20150826_181347.jpg

The calcium carbonate doesn't irritate the corals at all? I've been thinking of trying coral snow for a while and am pretty sure I have some calcium carbonate laying around.

jedimasterben

The calcium carbonate doesn't irritate the corals at all? I've been thinking of trying coral snow for a while and am pretty sure I have some calcium carbonate laying around.

Nope. it's just like sand, except extremely lower in micron size. Corals would all be dead in the wild otherwise :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/364821-diy-kz-coral-snow-with-97-purity/#entry5120953

jedimasterben

As long as that giant whore Erika doesn't show up early, low tide is at around 2:30PM on Saturday at the beach, so I'm planning on being there around 1PMish to start collecting snails. Zig zag periwinkles, nerites, limpets, and if I could find a way to chip them off the rock, there are tons of fuzzy chitons, too, but they suction so strong to the rocks that usually it kills them to pull them off.

As long as that giant whore Erika doesn't show up early, low tide is at around 2:30PM on Saturday at the beach, so I'm planning on being there around 1PMish to start collecting snails. Zig zag periwinkles, nerites, limpets, and if I could find a way to chip them off the rock, there are tons of fuzzy chitons, too, but they suction so strong to the rocks that usually it kills them to pull them off.

Where do you do this? Id love to go a-pickin, but don't know where or if its legal :)

Yeah.... Keeping my eye on Erica. Checked on my Battery Backup and am looking into a 12v fan.

Any recommendations on a 12v fan? The Ecosmart Battery backup puts out 12v, and I'm looking to keep the tank temperature down during a power outage and no AC.

jedimasterben

Where do you do this? Id love to go a-pickin, but don't know where or if its legal :)

Yeah.... Keeping my eye on Erica. Checked on my Battery Backup and am looking into a 12v fan.

Any recommendations on a 12v fan? The Ecosmart Battery backup puts out 12v, and I'm looking to keep the tank temperature down during a power outage and no AC.

Anywhere there is a beach that is not a state park beach. Miami is literally littered with corals, even going inside the city. Anywhere you see saltwater, there are corals, but beware, if it is a stony coral and you get caught, you'll get thrown in jail for a looooooong time. Has to be soft coral, and there are specific species restrictions, as well. You can find more data on the FWC website.

All computer fans are 12v.

Would the fan be needed during a power outage? The lights and heaters would be off if you were just relying on the ecosmart battery for the pumps. I would be thinking that you would want to keep the temp up for as long as possible.

Would the fan be needed during a power outage? The lights and heaters would be off if you were just relying on the ecosmart battery for the pumps. I would be thinking that you would want to keep the temp up for as long as possible.

I live in Florida- without AC the house can get to 90* easily. Im not worried about heat haha

Anywhere there is a beach that is not a state park beach. Miami is literally littered with corals, even going inside the city. Anywhere you see saltwater, there are corals, but beware, if it is a stony coral and you get caught, you'll get thrown in jail for a looooooong time. Has to be soft coral, and there are specific species restrictions, as well. You can find more data on the FWC website.

All computer fans are 12v.

Heck yeah. Apparently the JBJ C-Breeze is 12v!

Will that consume a significant amount of electricity? Comparable to a Vortech or much less?

i need all of those

I live in Florida- without AC the house can get to 90* easily. Im not worried about heat haha

Ah true, it's our winter over here right now.

jedimasterben

Heck yeah. Apparently the JBJ C-Breeze is 12v!

Will that consume a significant amount of electricity? Comparable to a Vortech or much less?

Depends on the fan. You can find some that are less than 1 watt and some that are more than 30.

Depends on the fan. You can find some that are less than 1 watt and some that are more than 30.

12v, .5amp. Online calculator says that makes 6 watts, so might work. Ill see what the Vortech Pulls at minimum as well. Best case scenario would be both the Vortech and fan running for 24-36 hours?

Edit:

vortech MP40qd pulls 8 watts on battery backup mode

charnelhouse

Battery powered hammer drill with a chisel bit. Hammer only setting. Break off a piece of rock that has one on it, throw the rock in your tank. Done.

jedimasterben

Battery powered hammer drill with a chisel bit. Hammer only setting. Break off a piece of rock that has one on it, throw the rock in your tank. Done.

It's very, very illegal to take live rock. In addition, I'm not bringing a $100 drill to the beach :lol:

charnelhouse

It's very, very illegal to take live rock. In addition, I'm not bringing a $100 drill to the beach :lol:

Only if you get caught... chitons aren't worth $100?

I like the way you think, jackie!

Though we do have a hurricane heading our way. If we lose power, the new fish could get way more stressed out and that wouldn't be good, so I think it is better that I wait a bit.

Man If I lived where you live the first thing I would buy is a whole house Generator.

I am still getting caught up from being away this summer and I was checking out the old thread… thought I was going to have to drive over to Okeechobee with Kat's beating stick to see what's up! Good thing I found this new thread before hopping in my car… Love the 40!

Although, maybe this weekend is a good time for a N-R meet up in Okeechobee. I live on the barrier island and may need to hide from Erika. Got any extra bedrooms? Three kids, a cat and a dog - we'd be no trouble. :lol:

For real - I guess I'd better go check my battery back up on the mp10.

I am still getting caught up from being away this summer and I was checking out the old thread… thought I was going to have to drive over to Okeechobee with Kat's beating stick to see what's up! Good thing I found this new thread before hopping in my car… Love the 40!

Although, maybe this weekend is a good time for a N-R meet up in Okeechobee. I live on the barrier island and may need to hide from Erika. Got any extra bedrooms? Three kids, a cat and a dog - we'd be no trouble. :lol:

For real - I guess I'd better go check my battery back up on the mp10.

LOVE THE IDEA! I've been wanting to meet Benny and Mike TR and go visit ORA forever. And now you're there too I see. Perfect.

Archived