Pod Your Reef

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

I can't find my little clown. WTF. I really hope it just made its way to the sump. The overflow has no teeth and no mesh cover.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

No socks, and the overflow is not large enough to hold a fish for more than a second, the flow through it is very high.

jedimasterben

I did. The first sump chamber is stuffed the brim with rock, so I'd have to take it all out to really look, and that's an ordeal, way too tired to do it right now. He'll be fine down there if he's there.

So 1/4tsp of calcium carbonate powder is about 0.88 grams, which is what is in 2mL of Coral Snow. So 1/8tsp dose per 100 liters volume, or 25 gallons. Easy as pie.

20150826_181336.jpg

20150826_181347.jpg

Nice to see someone else agitating the surface like that!

Hey, where did you get that flexible, white pipe for your drains, I want some. lol. Think it would work for a return?

jedimasterben

Nice to see someone else agitating the surface like that!

Hey, where did you get that flexible, white pipe for your drains, I want some. lol. Think it would work for a return?

I actually have some that you can have. Home depot wanted $4 a foot for it, I ordered like 25' of it for less than $45 and didn't use all of it. PM me and I will send it to you.
Marc.The.Shark

Did u find the clown?

Edit: oops, never mind, just saw your post a couple back, that sucks when u know it has to be somewhere!

jedimasterben

Did u find the clown?

No. Didn't spend a lot of time doing it, but I figured that it would come to the surface looking for food but it hasn't.
jedimasterben

Reason #485 I like fish that are fresh from ORA - within 5 minutes of being acclimated to the quarantine tank, it ate some LRS frozen food from the tweezers!!

20150828_205607.jpg

jedimasterben

Those little files are so cool, ive been wanting a pair muself. Are they really super shy?

Nooo. They are super personable. From my computer desk, the QT is behind my display, and I can only see about 1/3 of it. The filefish is staying in that part and is watching me! Isn't scared of me, either. He's awesome so far.

Benny really is it the size of my pinky toenail?

Nah, just a bit bigger :)

A bit bigger than the size of a quarter for the body, the fins add a little bit.

jedimasterben

So chatting with kat, I realized that without the rabbitfish, I can keep macroalgae and star grass again! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!

If anyone has a good source of red grape, dragons breath, and blue ochtodes, let me know :)

Archived