jedimasterben

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone!

It sucks that you can only quote 10 posts at once :lol:

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

Awwww, she's beautiful! Congratulations on the new Center of the Universe :wub: Remember to feed heavily and export waste frantically :)

Oh, and she's a softie, not SPS, so you should be fine :D

Tank looks pretty bad.

20150911_113151.jpg

20150911_113157.jpg

I would just normally dose a little bit of peroxide (the nem doesn't care too much about 3% being dosed directly), but I've literally purchased three bottles from three different stores and three different brands and every ####ing one of them hasn't contained any peroxide. I couldn't get a single bubble to fizz on my hand, on some dirt from outside, or directly on some of this algae. What the hell is going on in peroxide manufacturing?

Tank looks pretty bad.

20150911_113151.jpg

20150911_113157.jpg

I would just normally dose a little bit of peroxide (the nem doesn't care too much about 3% being dosed directly), but I've literally purchased three bottles from three different stores and three different brands and every ####### one of them hasn't contained any peroxide. I couldn't get a single bubble to fizz on my hand, on some dirt from outside, or directly on some of this algae. What the hell is going on in peroxide manufacturing?

I just bought some from Publix and it's nice. Lots of bubbles on algae!

IMG_2865.jpg

I was getting worried after I put it into the tank that it was not a pygmy filefish, but instead a matted filefish, which is not reef safe. Filefish can change their color and pattern to match their surroundings, so I wasn't too worried when it was in a pretty bare QT, but in the display it wasn't getting the nice spots that all the ORA fish have. Well, more research into non-ORA origin fish lead to very, VERY different looking fish of all kinds of colors, most without the brown with white spots like the ORA fish.

Some of you may know that filefish will sleep in and rest in a thicket of coral, gorgonians, rock, etc, and will sort of 'latch on' with their mouths so they'll stay attached. My filefish isn't smart enough to choose a gorgonian that is not directly in the outflow of the gyre and so it gets whipped back and forth :lol:

filefish-gif.gif

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Some of you may know that filefish will sleep in and rest in a thicket of coral, gorgonians, rock, etc, and will sort of 'latch on' with their mouths so they'll stay attached. My filefish isn't smart enough to choose a gorgonian that is not directly in the outflow of the gyre and so it gets whipped back and forth :lol:

filefish-gif.gif

LOL! :)

Also, you can see algae sticking out of its butt. I wasn't aware they ate algae. Obviously aren't able to process it :lol:

It's a flagfish

LOL!!!

After making it through quarantine and being conditioned, eating whatever I put in front of it. I knew it would probably take a bit to get used to the flow, but I didn't figure it would truly have any issues with it since they latch onto something for the night and shouldn't let go. It did :(

R.I.P #neverforget. Also noob question but what's an educator?

An educator is like a teacher or professor... or someone who drops knowledge on ya :lol:

An eductor is a a hyper flow dispersing end for your return line

Archived