Cultivated Reef

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

Marc.The.Shark

Love the look of the Tropic Eden sand. I just got some of the Meso Flakes to try. Wanted a smaller grain, figured I'd try the new size

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the look of the Tropic Eden sand. I just got some of the Meso Flakes to try. Wanted a smaller grain, figured I'd try the new size

My tank would look like this if I didn't use Grand Select :lol:

giphy.gif

And then we'd have this guy running around :D

gKOvDe2.gif

Sand! I see sand! Woo-hoo. After 5 hours of Solidworks homework I log on to Nano-reef and Ben's got sand. I like it. :lol:

I have two candy cane pistols in my tank digging away keeping the sand nice and clean. Hope you find one, they are great additions.

Do they eat Bryopsis? Just curious.

I haven't seen it make it to my bryopsis patches just yet, but judging by its appetite so far, it will take anything!

Awesome! So what do you do when it's eaten everything?

Dunno yet. Hopefully this garbage won't be growing back, at least not in the proportions they are now. I'm thinking of some nice macroalgae, so it would have to go.

Hey Ben,

have you ever combined spectrums to see a final result, or is there a tool for it? I'd like to know the final spectrum of 5 blue+ and 2 purple+. I was surprised to find it looked blue/white rather than purple and is probably the closest I've been able to get to the radium look,

Hey Ben,

have you ever combined spectrums to see a final result, or is there a tool for it? I'd like to know the final spectrum of 5 blue+ and 2 purple+. I was surprised to find it looked blue/white rather than purple and is probably the closest I've been able to get to the radium look,

There is a tool one something like 1023world.net that has a spectrum tool, but I think they removed their t5 data. I still have no internet at home (been three days so far, bastards) so I'm not sure of the exact link or if that data is there or not, but it works and is fairly accurate.

So far mine has only picked up a couple of snake polyps (though when it passed by the rock that had them, it latched onto three of them and nearly ripped them off the rock lol) and some zig zag periwinkles, but I can collect those by the thousand so I don't mind if it wears them :)

There is a tool one something like 1023world.net that has a spectrum tool, but I think they removed their t5 data. I still have no internet at home (been three days so far, bastards) so I'm not sure of the exact link or if that data is there or not, but it works and is fairly accurate.

http://spectra.1023world.net/

I love it. They still have just about every light source, just click on Items once you get the interweb back.

XpASKc.jpg

FTS 9/29/2015

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

You can see that the leftmost rock has almost no algae on it at all - the urchin has cleaned it near 100% bare. Slowly but surely it is working on the right rock. You can actually see it in the reflection on the back glass where it has been working, here:

IMG_3004circle.jpg

Maybe someday I'll have coralline grow and cover the rocks. :rolleyes:

jedimasterben

Found my old skimmer cleaning brush that was too wide to fit inside the cup properly, it has super stiff bristles, so took the opportunity to scrub the rightmost rock to try and manually get rid of some of the algae. Did a pretty good job. Then took the gyre and blew all the rocks and such, cranked it and the return pump up, and put on a pair of 1 micron filter socks. Ain't nothin gonna be left in the tank :)

Archived