Coral Vue Hydros

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Ordered a Corsair Obsidian 250D and a Gigabyte Z97N Mini-ITX board, along with a Swiftech MCR140-X Rad/Res/Pump and a few more Bitspower fittings so I can rework the water loop to fit. Right now I'm using a pair of DDC3.1 with an XSPC top going through two Swiftech MCR-320-QP rads. I will have the Swiftech 140mm and I also have a 240mm Swiftech XP rad that will be going in it.

Will be interesting to go from a 16x12x21 50+lb behemoth with wires and shit going everywhere to an 11x14x11 all-enclosed setup.

This is the current system for reference. :)

20150727_172409.jpg

Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ordered a Corsair Obsidian 250D and a Gigabyte Z97N Mini-ITX board, along with a Swiftech MCR140-X Rad/Res/Pump and a few more Bitspower fittings so I can rework the water loop to fit. Right now I'm using a pair of DDC3.1 with an XSPC top going through two Swiftech MCR-320-QP rads. I will have the Swiftech 140mm and I also have a 240mm Swiftech XP rad that will be going in it.

Will be interesting to go from a 16x12x21 50+lb behemoth with wires and shit going everywhere to an 11x14x11 all-enclosed setup.

20150727_172409.jpg

I love the 250d, so much easier to work in than most itx cases, although why no Z170?
jedimasterben

I love the 250d, so much easier to work in than most itx cases, although why no Z170?

I have a 4790K that overclocks to 4.6GHz, no reason to spend another $370 to get a 6700K to gain 10% in some scenarios, if I can get the same overclocks.

the obsidian looks pretty great I considered it but cheaped out and went with a CM elite 130, cant complain though a fully modular power supply is a must, I wish i coulda found some shorty cords though I like cleaner wiring but I wasn't about to start cutting and refitting.

I don't run anything demanding in it or I woulda thought about a custom cooling solution... they look fun to build lol.

jedimasterben

the obsidian looks pretty great I considered it but cheaped out and went with a CM elite 130, cant complain though a fully modular power supply is a must, I wish i coulda found some shorty cords though I like cleaner wiring but I wasn't about to start cutting and refitting.

I don't run anything demanding in it or I woulda thought about a custom cooling solution... they look fun to build lol.

Water cooling is definitely a lot of fun to put together. It's challenging to get it just right, and it's awesome. Can be very expensive, though, even a basic CPU/GPU loop will run you into $400-500 all said and done. BUT - basically everything except the GPU block can be reused. My two pumps are over 10 years old.

I have a Seasonic X650 Gold I got in 2011, so probably will end up getting a new one at some point. It's still in warranty for another three years, but I like to replace them long before that. [H]ardOCP did a review after 7 years of use on a power supply that was fantastic when they got it, not so great after a few years :)http://www.hardocp.com/article/2015/03/09/silverstone_olympia_1000w_power_supply_7_year_redux/#.VjINP_mrTGg

20150727_172409.jpg

Speak english man, you sound like my son when he talks to me....Geeks... :wacko::flower:

jedimasterben

Cute family-BUT did I see a pager?

:lol: no, that's my pancreas.

Hey!! How's the sinularia doing? Did it make it?

I honestly don't know, I haven't checked it in a little while. It wasn't doing so hot after being in the holding tank and had receded significantly, but still had plenty of live flesh near the base, so I cut it and put it in the back of the tank so that I would be surprised the next time I see it. I'll look tonight!

jedimasterben

blow a few more $ on ss fittings... but i guess the sink itself is copper boo

All of my fittings are black chrome ;)

jedimasterben

Well, 'Operation: Dickload of nerites' is a failure. Bastards just chill out at the water's surface on the tank walls, they don't go near the rocks, and they don't keep the glass clean. Sigh. Hopefully I can find mexican turbos somewhere.

oh, and lost both the pygmy hawkfish and starry blenny on Monday while I was at work. No clue what happened, the jawfish and springer's damsel were both fine, and no ammonia. Hadn't even started medicating the tank yet.

Archived