SaltCritters.com

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

Psh, who the heck needs new wheels? :P

If you ever find a bangin deal and they want too much to ship it to you (or don't ship internationally), let me know, I'm not opposed to getting them here and shipping them out to you :)

Hmm, thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind. I'm always on the lookout ;).
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

UPS didn't deliver my monitor AGAIN. Second attempt, signed waiver info notice on the door. Chatted with UPS about, the driver is supposed to contact me within the hour, but they start to head back to hub around 4:30ish, which is an hour away. Grrrrr

jedimasterben

Shipping companies suck. You pay for them to be fast and they make every excuse to delay delivery.

I found out why lol. They shipped it in the retail box. This box screams "STEAL ME", so I don't blame him for not leaving it. I also hadn't seen that driver in about three years, so I got to chat with him for a few minutes after I met him at a gas station to grab it.

holy shit guys.

IMG_20151123_185859727.jpg

IMG_20151123_192806084.jpg

That is one beast of a monitor. Can definitely see why they refused to leave it unattended. I usually get bulky stuff like that delivered to me at work and instead of catching the bus home I organise to catch a lift with Dad. Its a win win, I get home sooner and I don't have to deal with lugging around huge items on the bus lol.

I found out why lol. They shipped it in the retail box. This box screams "STEAL ME", so I don't blame him for leaving it. I also hadn't seen that driver in about three years, so I got to chat with him for a few minutes after I met him at a gas station to grab it.

holy shit guys.

IMG_20151123_185859727.jpg

IMG_20151123_192806084.jpg

I'm super jelly. I've been wanting the LG widescreen for a while. Haven't looked into the dell. Curious to see how you like it. Also curious as to how many games support that format. When i built my pc last year I ordered everything from newegg. Ontrac delivery left EVERYTHING at the door. The apartments I lived in at the time didn't have the greatest people. 1200 dollars of equipment sitting outside for hours.

jedimasterben

I'm super jelly. I've been wanting the LG widescreen for a while. Haven't looked into the dell. Curious to see how you like it. Also curious as to how many games support that format. When i built my pc last year I ordered everything from newegg. Ontrac delivery left EVERYTHING at the door. The apartments I lived in at the time didn't have the greatest people. 1200 dollars of equipment sitting outside for hours.

Yikes! At least everything was still there when you got home!

Dell uses LG panels for their IPS screens, so the screen itself is identical to, well, every other 34" 3440x1440 IPS panel on the market lol. The Dell has different calibration, controls, inputs, and coating. IMHO Dell is a lot better at stock calibration, though they come in with brightness and contrast CRANKED up. My calibration numbers were right in line with TFTcentral's calibration. Monitor is PURE sex.

A lot of games don't support it natively yet, but most games can be configured to. Fallout 4 is going to be ####ing intense!

jedimasterben

saw this and thought of you

that's not even a flashlight at that point :lol:

Had some fallout 4 ultrawide goodness last night. The beta patch for it fixed some of the performance issues I've been having, but still a LONG way to go.

IMG_20151123_223720723.jpg

And yes, she is wearing a chef's hat. :P

that's not even a flashlight at that point :lol:

Had some fallout 4 ultrawide goodness last night. The beta patch for it fixed some of the performance issues I've been having, but still a LONG way to go.

IMG_20151123_223720723.jpg

I'm behind the times. I never played more than a few hours of any of the fallout games. I think I'm going to pick it up on CD Keys today. That 1440 ultrawide though. I waa looking at the 1080 one, which I believe is 2560x1080, so technically 2k? Either way, I don't think I can settle for less than 1440 now. I only have a gtx 960, so I need to upgrade my card and screen simultaneously. Getting a 980ti with a 900p monitor wouldn't do me much good lol.

Enjoy it now. Wont be to long and that little one of yours will prevent any quality gaming time.

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

So I have been holding out on you guys lol. Tank is still going through the uglies, though with the new skimmer and renewed cleanup crew, hair algae is starting to slowly disappear. Got a Starcki damsel, pair of ORA pygmy filefish, and a derasa clam from Diver's Den. Also got some snails and a couple of corals from kguske2, and some macroalgae from antsypants, some of which I've never even seen before.

One of the main issues I'm having is with every surface being 'sticky'. If I stir up the detritus in the sump or stir the sand, all of the rock, hair algae, macros, and coral get that debris stuck to them, with which I have to take a turkey baster to every surface several times to get it back off and make sure it doesn't stir too much up at once as it will just stick right back to everything. I got my second RW-8 in yesterday and got it hooked up, took two button presses and less tan 10 seconds to get the two wirelessly linked. I'm still playing around with placement of the two. Thinking one in the top left rear corner and on in the bottom right rear corner, both pointing towards the center front.

My star grass and cactus caulerpa are both growing great. Only problem with them is the 'sticky'ness and debris getting caught on them. Blech. Hopefully over time the skimmer will help with that.

You'll also notice the tank is much brighter now that I have the Coral Compulsion PAR38 off the tank. More on that at a later date. :ninja:

IMG_20151201_141352455.jpg

IMG_20151201_142844448.jpg

IMG_20151202_185120542.jpg

IMG_20151202_211745630.jpg

IMG_20151202_211748460.jpg

IMG_20151202_211758437.jpg

IMG_20151202_211828192.jpg

IMG_20151202_211905771.jpg

IMG_20151202_212004105.jpg

IMG_20151202_212015224.jpg

jedimasterben

That little filefish!! :wub:

There are two of them. :wub:

I thought I'd lost one yesterday, I was so worried about it. Then I thought to look in the sump, and whaddya know, there it is! Was chillin out with Sumpy the damsel. Caught it and put it back in the display. I'm still waiting on my damned gutterguard to come in!

"Stickiness" is a good way of putting it. In both my tanks it went away after about the six or eight month mark. I think it's just a sign of how many tiny critters there are in and on the rocks that keep the surface of the rocks algae free.

jedimasterben

"Stickiness" is a good way of putting it. In both my tanks it went away after about the six or eight month mark. I think it's just a sign of how many tiny critters there are in and on the rocks that keep the surface of the rocks algae free.

Well, I have zero copepods and next to zero amphipods. My tank just doesn't make them, somehow. I've added them in the past by the liter and still could never see them crawling around anywhere. Maybe time to order some more from keydiver.
jedimasterben

Your running rw8s ? Why the change and do you like them?

Tried for a long time with the Gyre in the 40. If it is pushing across the tank towards the overflow, the overflow becomes ultra noisy. If it is pushing away from the overflow, then the tank fills up with an extra gallon or two of water, too full for comfort. Trying it vertically in the back corner just doesn't give the right flow, either. It just doesn't work with my tiny overflow on the end. :/

As for liking them, they're quiet and move metric shittons of water :)

jedimasterben

Some 'Ben's Reef Frenzy' ;)

IMG_20151204_192348429.jpg

tank looks really nice man, love those macros..

it would be great if I had an easier way of getting some of them to stick! most don't glue well, especially when you have ~10 total pieces you need to glob glue on to get them to stick right and only one tube of glue to do it with! I had four or five pieces come undone that night, still need to go get more glue and glob them until they stay :)

Archived