Top Shelf Aquatics

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

Yep. I'm now an expert pony-tailer / hairstylist.

Tip: When you let the little one draw on the way to school (with markers) and the back seat gets really quiet.......it's too late.

My little one colored herself from forehead to toes on our 30 minute drive. Found out as I went to unbuckle her. Off she went looking like a little Easter egg......with multiple ponytails :D

Sorry but this just made me laugh. I was a mom of 3 boys so never did the ponytail thing, but had plenty of moments when I all of a sudden realized that things were too quiet....like when the stuffed animals went swimming in the toilet. Boys are never quiet so it was scary if they were.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Can definitely tell the rabbit is gone. :/

20150904_185729.jpg

20150904_185324.jpg

If I can't get it under control, then I may have to forgo the whole macroalgae thing and get another wabbit.

20150904_184417.jpg

jedimasterben

You can't it's evil.

Although you're in the perfect position to try kent-tech-M.

Not really. At the end of it I'd have to do some giant water changes to get mag back to reasonable levels, and I don't know if I'll be up for that having a newborn and all.

If Neill (Saltwater-conversion) gets more of the Nano Doser 1 in stock, I will use it to dose peroxide in small enough doses that it should be effective without pissing off my big nem, even dosing straight 35%.

Not really. At the end of it I'd have to do some giant water changes to get mag back to reasonable levels, and I don't know if I'll be up for that having a newborn and all.

If Neill (Saltwater-conversion) gets more of the Nano Doser 1 in stock, I will use it to dose peroxide in small enough doses that it should be effective without pissing off my big nem, even dosing straight 35%.

Ben-

PicoSavvy is selling a brand new Nano Doser 1 for $100 shipped, and he's in Florida so it could get there really quick. PM him

just checkin for new baby :ninja:

Can definitely tell the rabbit is gone. :/

20150904_185324.jpg

If I can't get it under control, then I may have to forgo the whole macroalgae thing and get another wabbit.

Dear God man WTF is this? :D

jedimasterben

Ben-

PicoSavvy is selling a brand new Nano Doser 1 for $100 shipped, and he's in Florida so it could get there really quick. PM him

I'd rather give the money directly to Neill, but that's a damned good deal.

just checkin for new baby :ninja:

Dear God man WTF is this? :D

Baby will be here on Tuesday, we've got it scheduled and everything :)

Kinda looks like bryopsis.

It's Bryopsis.

aka wabbit food :)

jedimasterben

Use your Oxydator, lol. Didn't u buy one?

I don't need to dump peroxide in the tank, it needs to drip. The oxydator's critical flaw is that there is no way to control the reaction, it DUMPS peroxide out very quickly in the beginning and slows down after about a week.

Bryopsis is the one algae that has never shown up in my 29. I even have one of those fat green stick algae things showing up now. I have to think a Caulerpa infestation will kick bryopsis' butt.

Marc.The.Shark

I don't need to dump peroxide in the tank, it needs to drip. The oxydator's critical flaw is that there is no way to control the reaction, it DUMPS peroxide out very quickly in the beginning and slows down after about a week.

I'll send u my nano one, the dump should b about right on that for the 1st week on your 40g. Oh wait, I thought I read somewhere that they don't actually dose peroxide! Ha

jedimasterben

I'll send u my nano one, the dump should b about right on that for the 1st week on your 40g. Oh wait, I thought I read somewhere that they don't actually dose peroxide! Ha

LOL, yeah, a couple of people on here still pretty vehemently defend that peroxide doesn't come in contact with the aquarium water... except that the original patent (and updated patent) explicitly cites that it does and that is the method by which it works lol.

I'd rather give the money directly to Neill, but that's a damned good deal.

Baby will be here on Tuesday, we've got it scheduled and everything :)

aka wabbit food :)

Hmmm... That is sure interesting. What kinds of algae would one eat?

jedimasterben

Including stuff like bubble and other pest algaes?

If it grows, it will eat it.

Valonia, bryopsis, caulerpa, halimeda, GHA, every 'pretty' macro ever, etc etc. They eat it all and aren't usually picky about it unless you get REALLY unlucky like kat did with her last one.

jedimasterben

Looking awesome ben....no sand this time round?

Thank hype! No sand yet. I have all the sand from the 80 in a 5g bucket outside, was planning on putting it in at some point in the future in case I wanted to keep some macros in the sand or some seagrass, but now that I have superbryposis I'm gonna need a rabbitfish, so probably no sand for a while :)

Thank hype! No sand yet. I have all the sand from the 80 in a 5g bucket outside, was planning on putting it in at some point in the future in case I wanted to keep some macros in the sand or some seagrass, but now that I have superbryposis I'm gonna need a rabbitfish, so probably no sand for a while :)

Totally understand. I love what you did with the scape.. even though the tank is technically smaller it doesnt look that way because of excellent rock placement.

Archived