In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Hahaha fair enough building animal habitats is fun :P

More aggravating IMHO :)

This stand was so hard to get everything in place and lined up, and I still managed to flub it up in several places. I'm glad it is pretty structurally sound and that no one will really see where I flubbed up :)

More aggravating IMHO :)

This stand was so hard to get everything in place and lined up, and I still managed to flub it up in several places. I'm glad it is pretty structurally sound and that no one will really see where I flubbed up :)

As long as you're happy and it's sound in structure that's all that matters buddy
Marc.The.Shark

Nice! Love the Trigger sumps! They're sexy! Do you still have the diffuser on the V3's? Like it better that way? I'm currently using the stick-on stuff on my current setup & think it helps, but not sure if it'll benefit me with the V3's or not.

You puttin doors on there or gonna let it all hang out?

jedimasterben

Nice! Love the Trigger sumps! They're sexy! Do you still have the diffuser on the V3's? Like it better that way? I'm currently using the stick-on stuff on my current setup & think it helps, but not sure if it'll benefit me with the V3's or not.

You puttin doors on there or gonna let it all hang out?

Yes, the diffuser is in place, I would never run without one.

I'm still figuring out what I'm going to do to cover it.

jedimasterben

20150818_203212.jpg

20150818_203227.jpg

20150818_211113.jpg

The view from my desk. 30 gallons in so far!

20150818_211721.jpg

So will the tank have water before the tank gets a new/modified light? :lol:

You ever opened up a Sunpower before? It's a complete and total bitch (just like my ex girlfriend from way back when, ziiiiing), so I have very little incentive to open it up and change shit. Shoulda done that a LONG time ago, maybe then I would have left shit alone :D

jedimasterben

You gonna suspend the return PVC with anything? Seems like a lot of weight to put on the pump...

The pump is fine, it's the bulkheads that you have to worry about. The pump body is ABS and it's pretty thick, so I'd imagine it could handle a lot of weight on it, but the bulkheads, one wrong bump and CRACK. It is supported by a galvanized strap, so its weight is resting on that.

jedimasterben

The only thing I may have done different is using 45's on the return line 90's kill you head pressure.

I thought the difference was pretty negligible in real-world use? I don't think I could have gotten them in there, though, that whole part of the stand is REALLY tight.

I have that same sump. I like it. A lot. I had to cut out the bulkhead hole though so I could fit my plumbing haha

Yeah, I could have just run the pipe through it but I figured hell, why not use them, I have them :)

lol I was actually more worried about the pressure bottoming out the rubber booties causing the pump to vibrate loudly on the sump floor. But ya, good to see you're ahead of me on both aspects.

jedimasterben

lol I was actually more worried about the pressure bottoming out the rubber booties causing the pump to vibrate loudly on the sump floor. But ya, good to see you're ahead of me on both aspects.

I see what you were getting at now. Yeah, that would suck if the little rubber feet weren't doing what they're supposed to! It would take away the silent pump and make me wanna toss it out the window lol.

Got the tank filled, and the sump has a few gallons in it. I thought that I counted ten 5g jugs, but it barely filled the tank to let me check the overflow plumbing. The eductors pull in water pretty low, so a really good amount of water will come into the sump. I'm thinking of getting a nice swing check valve for the return. I will still only run the sump to the same water level as if I had none, but with one it will allow for less fluctuation. Will continue the filling and salting tomorrow, its late and I'm exhausted.

Archived