ReefCleaners.org

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

The internet of things calls to me :D

:)

Even in my stand now, the screws aren't holding the weight, they're just helping the wood to not go all willy nilly, but I sure messed that up lol. I think the new stand will be made of 2x4 and 2x6 cut down to square and planed to ensure they don't go all willy nilly from the start :D

:lol:

The flow on the right is just a bit too gentle for my tastes, but even the gorgonian doesn't seem to mind that, so I'm good for now. I'm still thinking dedicated closed loop for the '40B 2.0' :)

:D

Thanks ark! How are things going with you?

Oh, and Youtube just finished processing this video I took with my Xiaomi Yi inside the tank :)

I SOOO can't wait to do this with my GoPro once I get my fish in my tank! Gonna be soooo dope!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

I SOOO can't wait to do this with my GoPro once I get my fish in my tank! Gonna be soooo dope!

Yeah, it's pretty awesome, gives a whole new view of everything!

Hey Ben, Have any experience with Chromis Insolata? Tanks looks great BTW.

No, I decided a while back that they're off my list. They look great as juveniles, but quickly lose their color and turn a drab green.

I like the new feeding video! Your cloud of super active fish is a ton of fun to watch. At first I was like, man you dumped in a lot of food, but they sure devoured it quickly! Fun :)

Yeah, it's pretty awesome, gives a whole new view of everything!

No, I decided a while back that they're off my list. They look great as juveniles, but quickly lose their color and turn a drab green.

I wondered why they weren't more popular. They really are quite pretty when they are purple and gold. Thanks for the info.

jedimasterben

So if I have green chromis, I probably can't have one of these too...

No sense in not trying it IMHO.

I like the new feeding video! Your cloud of super active fish is a ton of fun to watch. At first I was like, man you dumped in a lot of food, but they sure devoured it quickly! Fun :)

Yeah, food doesn't last very long in my house lol, for me or for the fish!

I wondered why they weren't more popular. They really are quite pretty when they are purple and gold. Thanks for the info.

Yeah, that is unfortunately how most of the pretty damsels are, they start out amazingly colored and turn out dull :(

jedimasterben

Corals from MikeTR are FIRE. He even sent me a MASSIVEchunk of an acro, even though I told him I'd likely kill it. He calls it the indestructitort, lol. Sent that, half of his big green nepthea, and several zoa/paly chunks, I refuse to call them frags lol.

I took Ellie to the LFS today while my wife is getting her hair cut, they were having a lot of zoas and palys on sale, but I didn't much like what they had. Got a starry blenny, a chrome that Ellie wouldn't quit watching, a nuclear green paly frag, two sun coral frags (one pink/yellow, one yellow/orange), and a freebie green stylophora piece, again not my choice lol.

jedimasterben

Love the fish selection in this tank, very cool bro

Thanks! I like fish that aren't as common :)

:slap:

wat.
jedimasterben

The corals from MikeTR are still doing great, even the freakin' acro he sent me that I told him not to :lol:

25795524312_575f7aaeeb_b.jpg

25287501453_89ae2e2c03_b.jpg

25892209665_b6146ba39c_b.jpg

ACRO!

Tank is looking fantastic Ben, sorry I missed two weeks of updates. I really liked the feeding / tank tour video. I can see why fish scram when I rinse my feeding container in the water, it looked like a giant mouth ready to eat some fish. :D

jedimasterben

ACRO!

Tank is looking fantastic Ben, sorry I missed two weeks of updates. I really liked the feeding / tank tour video. I can see why fish scram when I rinse my feeding container in the water, it looked like a giant mouth ready to eat some fish. :D

Yeah, underwater definitely gives a whole new perspective! I've already used that camera a couple dozen times now, mostly for videos of Ellie, seriously the best $100 I've spent in a while :D

Look what I found just for joo!

These are the certified captive grown Lemon Tree corals from Live Aquaria. Stereonepthya.

Lovely LARGE frags they send. The one died pretty much the first week. These are pictures from Zephs tank, we went in on the order together. I think he kept the 2nd alive for a couple months.

DSC02696.JPG

jedimasterben

Yeah, at least the site says what size you're getting :lol:

The first one I got looked SO good, was the same beautiful yellow as in their stock photo, it just detached from the plug and disappeared. Second one looked like those, grey and blech, and still detached and disappeared. :/

Haven't really been home much this week, my wife has flu A, so i've had to stay out of the house with Ellie. The acro (and the two 'microfrags' of it that I mounted to the rocks) is still alive, though, so one week down :D

Yeah, at least the site says what size you're getting :lol:

The first one I got looked SO good, was the same beautiful yellow as in their stock photo, it just detached from the plug and disappeared. Second one looked like those, grey and blech, and still detached and disappeared. :/

Haven't really been home much this week, my wife has flu A, so i've had to stay out of the house with Ellie. The acro (and the two 'microfrags' of it that I mounted to the rocks) is still alive, though, so one week down :D

Mine is actually doing well! I think I've had it a couple months now and it has increased in size from a booger to a double booger :lol: But it is a nice yellow. Hard to get a good photo of the color though.

Archived