Coral Vue Hydros

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

Sk8n Reefer

sometimes - many have a long history can be easily classified but most just start switching names and it gets a little silly

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

sometimes - many have a long history can be easily classified but most just start switching names and it gets a little silly

Even then, a lot of the identifications to species level aren't correct, except for those that have very recognizable skeletal structures, like A. spathulata, or A. globiceps. Hell, identifying leathers is even worse, it takes DNA to identify them beyond the genus lol.

But absolutely agree that attaching a 'name' to something is a little crazy, especially since now it's like people are running out. Super ultra A-grade LE JF PC WWC Explody Face acropora sp. :D

Sk8n Reefer

Even then, a lot of the identifications to species level aren't correct, except for those that have very recognizable skeletal structures, like A. spathulata, or A. globiceps. Hell, identifying leathers is even worse, it takes DNA to identify them beyond the genus lol.

But absolutely agree that attaching a 'name' to something is a little crazy, especially since now it's like people are running out. Super ultra A-grade LE JF PC WWC Explody Face acropora sp. :D

? You made me laugh out loud at that one.

having super glue :D

all is well here. Ellie is getting a bath and is splashing around like a madwoman :lol:

A quick FTS from the phone. Very poor photo, sorry :D

26206495662_9c45a8b604_b.jpg

Looking great!!!! How many leathers do you have in there? I see so many :happydance:.
jedimasterben

I'm glad to see Marine Betta in your last FTS. Love that fish!

Thanks! Me too, definitely one of my all time favorites. Been with me for over a year now :)

I think you need to re-do your flow pattern's. ;)

I know, right! The flow is just so bad! :D

Sup

whaddupppppppp

Looking great!!!! How many leathers do you have in there? I see so many :happydance:.

Uh, I have no clue lol. A bunch, and probably 5-6 more if you count the clones that have dropped off from the mounted ones :D

Also, I noticed my fiji yellow looked like it was going to drop off a chunk!

jedimasterben

Forgot that I got this pic of my starry blenny :)

26299827445_d385477de4_b.jpg

I thought for a day or two that it had gotten sucked into my full siphon drain and got stuck, as right now that line is almost completely clogged and the blenny was nowhere to be found, but I found it in the sump yesterday, so I've got to cut the line and see what the holdup is.

what kind of dwarf angel is that? nipper?

Centropyge potteri, it doesn't nip anything I have. :)

An Acropora lol. Trying to narrow it down to anything more than that is like trying to herd cats. :)

Win. Genetic sequencing has shown that even Veron's classifications based on physical characteristics are not always right.

Its funny how people will not pay for an exceptional coral until it has a name. Hmm, if I ever turn a nondescript coral into a thing of beauty I shall name it Bob and you will pay mightily for it...

Hopefully she means the star! :D

Orion-NASA.jpg

This would make so much more sense. I was wondering when you guys became big Harry Potter fans. Not that there's anything wrong with Harry Potter. I have to tell people that my lionfish Draco is not named after Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter, but is named after the dragon in Dragonheart.

jedimasterben

This would make so much more sense. I was wondering when you guys became big Harry Potter fans. Not that there's anything wrong with Harry Potter. I have to tell people that my lionfish Draco is not named after Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter, but is named after the dragon in Dragonheart.

I've never actually read or watch Harry Potter. :unsure:

I'm a Potter fan. But my first mandarin was named Draco because it's the name of a dragon.

The Starry Blenny - Sirius the star - Sirius Black the guy that escaped Azkaban - the Blenny that escaped the DT. It all fits. He should be called Sirius.

I think the Betta is called Star.

Sirius. And Star.

:wub:

Think I named the Trigger Matilda.

Uh, I have no clue lol. A bunch, and probably 5-6 more if you count the clones that have dropped off from the mounted ones :D

Also, I noticed my fiji yellow looked like it was going to drop off a chunk!

It's going to be BA when they all grow up!!!! Do fiji's drop babies???? That's sweet if they do!!!!

jedimasterben

It's going to be BA when they all grow up!!!! Do fiji's drop babies???? That's sweet if they do!!!!

Yes, all Sarcophytons do the same way :)

But Stella is wearing pink. And the Betta is wearing black. Star.

Then shouldn't it be called space?

jedimasterben

what are the fish in there I don't know all the scientific names

Mostly damsels. If you have any that you would like to know specifically, let me know :)

Archived