ReefCleaners.org

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

Pinner Reef

The only LFS around here are reef focused, their FW tanks are for the most part in disarray and unlabeled, unlike the reef stuff lol. There was one pet store in town and I knew the owner very well, she would would order me anything I wanted, but unfortunately she had to close down.

lame :rolleyes:

Here's a pic of the LFS I used to work at SW around the exterior 2 double sided racks of FW in the center. All individual tanks with every type of plant/ fish you could hope for.

DSCN0003.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0010.jpg

Ghetto floors

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to petco today. Dead chromis stuck to powerheads, crazy black slime on the sand bed in their "coral" tank and a carpet nem eating a tang - head was still popping out of the carpet nem. I didn't buy anything :lol:

jedimasterben

And looks like I can't order from LA, either, as they only send the males you order and then will just grab any kind of female!

The females in this pair may be of an assorted variety...

wtf. If I order a pair of a specific strain of guppy, I want a goddamned pair.

And looks like I can't order from LA, either, as they only send the males you order and then will just grab any kind of female!

wtf. If I order a pair of a specific strain of guppy, I want a goddamned pair.

Maybe Yoshii has a hookup!

Sorry to hear about the Anthias :( When I had my trio, they hide for a while, but still came out to eat. Maybe they were too scared by some of the other inhabitants?

That's an odd LFS problem to have, usually it's the other way around with lots of FW stores and only a few SW stores.

Sorry, since I moved to San Diego, I don't have my previously-local hookup

jedimasterben

Sorry to hear about the Anthias :( When I had my trio, they hide for a while, but still came out to eat. Maybe they were too scared by some of the other inhabitants?

That's an odd LFS problem to have, usually it's the other way around with lots of FW stores and only a few SW stores.

Sorry, since I moved to San Diego, I don't have my previously-local hookup

I at least expected to see them come out at all, but they didn't. The rocks are arranged so that with the reflections from the tank I can actually see almost all of the rocks, even under them, and I didn't see them at all, they just disappeared. :/

I am 0/5 for anthias. All lasted a week and right after they died my kole tang got marine velvet which ended up killing it and one of my beautiful black ice clowns which really pissed me off. Had the tang for a long time so I am sure it came from the anthias. They looked healthy at the LFS where I got them too which is also where I got my tang and princess damsel and they always carry super healthy fish.

jedimasterben

The post office was actually on point this weekend. I sent my old camera and lens to Orlando, another lens to Sanford, and a light to NJ, all three shipped Saturday priority mail, and all three are out for delivery today. damn.

jedimasterben

HOLY SHIT GUYS

So the anthias I wrote off the day after I got them... not only did both show up today, one is out and about, and both are eating frozen Cyclop-eeze!!

And the molly is still alive and eating, too! huzzah!

my LFS just got in some Princess, Ventralis, and Bartlett anthias. Decisions decisions....

The thing with the princess is that they don't come around very often (at least in my neck of the woods) so if you're going to have a pair or teio and one goes buy bye, well it could be a while before you get another.

jedimasterben

my LFS just got in some Princess, Ventralis, and Bartlett anthias. Decisions decisions....

Princess as in P. smithvanizi? GET THEMMMM

jedimasterben

so fish kinda happened.

I've also decided to get rid of my black and white chromis. The black is starting to get a bit muddy and the blue eyes are basically gone, so it will get traded in eventually. I was wanting to get a few Chromis retrofasciata but they went out of stock just before I ordered, and they actually deactivated the dragonface pipefish, which is pretty strange.

jedimasterben

Two shipping confirmations so far, one from ORA and one from the DFS facility in California, but so far nothing from the box coming from Divers Den.

Was thinking I should have ordered Monday so I could have birthday fish today, but I ended up only being home for a few minutes before leaving to go to dinner, so probably best that I didn't get them today. :)

Two shipping confirmations so far, one from ORA and one from the DFS facility in California, but so far nothing from the box coming from Divers Den.

Was thinking I should have ordered Monday so I could have birthday fish today, but I ended up only being home for a few minutes before leaving to go to dinner, so probably best that I didn't get them today. :)

Happy Birthday!!!

What fish did you get from Diver's Den? The files!?!??!?!

Archived