Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Yes, you do!

True to my word, I did next to nothing today! I shipped some stuff off and spent almost four hours talking to my old boss and his daughter, then went and played some DnD, getting our characters ready for a new campaign. I'm playing a super strong and really dumb half orc half elf. :)

Great new photos! Looks very clean and crisp! I love all the leathers in there, especially that huge one over on the left. That thing is a beast!

it is!! And I just got home a bit ago and saw my big black clown was sleeping in it. And of course my male clown was desperately trying to sleep in one of my paly colonies and it wasn't working well for him lol
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True to my word, I did next to nothing today! I shipped some stuff off and spent almost four hours talking to my old boss and his daughter, then went and played some DnD, getting our characters ready for a new campaign. I'm playing a super strong and really dumb half orc half elf. :)

it is!! And I just got home a bit ago and saw my big black clown was sleeping in it. And of course my male clown was desperately trying to sleep in one of my paly colonies and it wasn't working well for him lol

So jealous youre playing DnD..

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben

So jealous youre playing DnD..

It's gonna be pretty awesome. This next weekend we officially start our campaign. :D

Tank is autopiloting along. Lost a couple of damsels and one of my mollies for some reason, no clue why. Clam kicked the bucket, as well, and a few leathers still aren't extending like they used to. I changed the carbon last week, but haven't tried moving them around and seeing if it changes. Kinda too lazy for that :D

JavaJacketOC

It's gonna be pretty awesome. This next weekend we officially start our campaign. :D

Tank is autopiloting along. Lost a couple of damsels and one of my mollies for some reason, no clue why. Clam kicked the bucket, as well, and a few leathers still aren't extending like they used to. I changed the carbon last week, but haven't tried moving them around and seeing if it changes. Kinda too lazy for that :D

How do you like the Mollies? My LFS has 4 or 5 really cool looking ones that they converted to SW. I was considering getting a pair but have heard mix results about aggression in a reef tank.

jedimasterben

How do you like the Mollies? My LFS has 4 or 5 really cool looking ones that they converted to SW. I was considering getting a pair but have heard mix results about aggression in a reef tank.

They're cool if you like them, they can have really neat color patterns that you don't see in SW fish. I am super sad I lost my black and white long finned one, I was really happy that it had survived the transition to a high energy SW tank :(

The females (which are the larger of pairs) are the aggressors and will get just plain massive, so keep that in mind, and go for one or some :)

jedimasterben

Nice pictures Benny!

SO CUTE! How do you manage to find the cutest rabbits?

27370829816_2e1e2f095d_o.jpg

Because I don't settle for fake wabbits :P

tank is looking great Ben!!

thanks!

jedimasterben

I haven't cleaned the glass since I took those pictures lol. Been super busy, have almost completely ignored the tank beyond feeding. My wife is finally back in town and not working tonight, so I should be able to get the tank walls cleaned while she keeps an eye on Ellie.

jedimasterben

So the glass and starboard are clean. Well, at least on the inside, anyway :D

No more mysterious fish deaths, not that I'm aware of, anyway. I finally moved the 'giant' green nepthea and put it in the center of the tank to see if it stops dying. It went from an 8" monster to the little green nubs you see on the starboard in the center. :(

Looks like one of the bulkheads holding the overflow on is leaking, gonna see if I can tighten it up a bit and solve the problem. Luckily, I guess, it is a super slow leak.

27748362511_42b330181c_h.jpg

Partly, yes. It is looking better today, but still is barely inflated.

Well it does that occasionally. I just leave it alone, and snip off the affected bits with scissors. Iodine helps.

What kind of fish is this, Ben?

ha. that didn't work.

The one that is pink and yellowish with a back dot?

jedimasterben

What kind of fish is this, Ben?

ha. that didn't work.

The one that is pink and yellowish with a back dot?

This one?

27370822256_4942c9fc0d_o.jpg

It is a Talbot's damsel, Chrysiptera talboti.

jedimasterben

So I decided to get a GTX 1080. If anyone is looking to upgrade their GPU, I'll be selling my 980ti soon :)

HarryPotter

So I decided to get a GTX 1080. If anyone is looking to upgrade their GPU, I'll be selling my 980ti soon :)

Can I put that in my macccccccccccccc? :lol:

jedimasterben

Can I put that in my macccccccccccccc? :lol:

I'm pretty sure that they did away with the whole 'mac edition' thing, so sure, whatever floats your boat :P

jedimasterben

Sanded down the sunpower and put on what is hopefully the last coat of white on the housing. After that, everything will get a couple of coats of matte clear, and then I can finish assembly :)

28064148295_511b11b749_h.jpg

Was finally able to get my customizations done to the Nanobox arrays. This is how tiny the Luxeon C LEDs are (there are six in there).

27427168453_9ec4327cf9_h.jpg

28044551445_95ab28951c_h.jpg

28044553725_cbcc267403_h.jpg

Archived