Pod Your Reef

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

oops.

27947248540_16e9af4c45_h.jpg

28194203286_cf68e6a368_h.jpg

That's what I took out of the display today that I could get, there is still tons in there.
28150663761_2d0873867b_h.jpg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

:blink: You may find your flow is improved in the near future :)

Yeah, I didn't realize how low it was until yesterday. oops.

JMB - how are you liking the Xiaomi Yi action cam? Recommended? Want something that can multi task with decent pics/video but also go to remote locations/underwater (with the waterproof case) without being bulky or expensive.

Thought I'd ask you since your thread is what turned me on to this camera.

jedimasterben

JMB - how are you liking the Xiaomi Yi action cam? Recommended? Want something that can multi task with decent pics/video but also go to remote locations/underwater (with the waterproof case) without being bulky or expensive.

Thought I'd ask you since your thread is what turned me on to this camera.

I haven't used it in a little while, but it does a pretty great job. Stills from it are decent, nothing to write home about, but the Sony sensor does good enough, especially for a $100 camera :)

There is actually now a successor to the Yi that does 4K video, it is much more expensive, though, at $250, though it does have a touchscreen on it instead of just the button for power and activation :D

I liked that I could buy the camera and a water proof case for under $100. ? Something tiny and easy to use. Think I'll do it. Thanks Benny.

Love the direction of the tank. That's a lot of gorgs, absolutely inspired by next tank. ?

jedimasterben

Picking up the new tank tomorrow. Acquasole 60 tank and stand, IceCap 15 sump coming next week. Will not be able to use this new light I JUST finished, but oh well. I may or may not have a couple of Ethereal here to play with... :D

jedimasterben

God, this tank is a friggin beast. The glass is thicker than on my old 80g, and it weighs nearly as much.

The stand doesn't come with a bottom. Wtf. It is nice though, extremely thick and sturdy.

I also got both Ethereal and the wifi controller connected and working in tandem. They're really sleek and the light seems pretty pleasing, though I've not yet got them over coral lol.

I also got a bottle of some new stuff from Fauna Marin that is SO cool. Can't talk any about it though. :)

Marc.The.Shark

God, this tank is a friggin beast. The glass is thicker than on my old 80g, and it weighs nearly as much.

The stand doesn't come with a bottom. Wtf. It is nice though, extremely thick and sturdy.

I also got both Ethereal and the wifi controller connected and working in tandem. They're really sleek and the light seems pretty pleasing, though I've not yet got them over coral lol.

I also got a bottle of some new stuff from Fauna Marin that is SO cool. Can't talk any about it though. :)

Pics or we don't believe you! lol

jedimasterben

Who cares about the light, we wanna see the tank. It's like an Italian Elos no? Thought the system already came with a sump?

In due time ;)

As I was told, Elos is no longer producing their 'old' line of tanks and has chosen a new manufacturer to buy their diamond line from. Elos also did not actually own the design for the tank or stand, so the previous manufacturer is now selling them under the Acquasole name, but for less since they don't have the Elos name.

They only come tank and stand, and for some reason the stands don't have a bottom, which is kind of odd.

In due time ;)

As I was told, Elos is no longer producing their 'old' line of tanks and has chosen a new manufacturer to buy their diamond line from. Elos also did not actually own the design for the tank or stand, so the previous manufacturer is now selling them under the Acquasole name, but for less since they don't have the Elos name.

They only come tank and stand, and for some reason the stands don't have a bottom, which is kind of odd.

How do you put the sump in with no bottom? :huh:

In due time ;)

Oh then if that's the case the pricing is kind of steep for what it is.

jedimasterben

How do you put the sump in with no bottom? :huh:

I have no clue. What I'm going to do is get a 2x2 piece of plywood from Home Depot, cut it to fit,and then top it with a shower liberty at I'll silicone or something to the inside of the stand.

Oh then if that's the case the pricing is kind of steep for what it is.

Well they're cheaper than the Elos branded tanks were, so at least there is that :P

I have no clue. What I'm going to do is get a 2x2 piece of plywood from Home Depot, cut it to fit,and then top it with a shower liberty at I'll silicone or something to the inside of the stand.

Well they're cheaper than the Elos branded tanks were, so at least there is that :P

Haha yeah. I do like the thick glass though. I ordered a rimless custom tank from Visio a while back and was super impressed with the quality. The glass is super thick as well for only a 24x24x16.

Archived