Innovative Marine Aquariums

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

Flickr is a complete dick to use and get links from if you need more than a couple of images, I despise that they add all the garbage around the direct JPEG URL with the img tags - but it seems like it is my only decent choice. meh.

I like Flickr after I figured it out (which I've since forgotten lol), but I always just deleted all the bs around the img tags so it was just the image and not all the other bs..... I had to do the same thing with photosucket too get stuff to post right too tho.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

Went to take some pics of the nem, took a bunch lol

My starcki has some kind of growth on it. Will probably start a round of prazi.

24855498579_79c22f5d2f_o.jpg

I can't believe how good this nem looks. I can't tell if it has closed up around the mouth or not.
24596359023_332eb73348_o.jpg

I've not seen either of these maxi minis in a long time!
24927560290_86bb4d443c_o.jpg

25223169865_24e185a102_o.jpg

24927556420_d317701909_o.jpg

24927554860_352b85251f_o.jpg

24855468029_a0e604475e_o.jpg

24592499124_c719ef705a_o.jpg

This is the red plating sponge from LA.
25104884142_db345d9bff_o.jpg

A piece of my yellow gorgonian that always looks happier than the larger piece it came from lol
25196866626_d86a476d12_o.jpg

A green nepthea or sinularia. So weird that is has that bright green ring around the bottom lol
24855457819_f06a5a5eda_o.jpg

yeah, it's dumb.

Totally agree. I just made my yahoo account to mimic my Gmail in terms of address and set up an email forward from the yahoo to my Gmail. Have never logged into the yahoo account after setting up flickr lol.

jedimasterben

Totally agree. I just made my yahoo account to mimic my Gmail in terms of address and set up an email forward from the yahoo to my Gmail. Have never logged into the yahoo account after setting up flickr lol.

Me too lol

Now I have to set privacy as "public"

instead of public anyone with a link.

:(

There is public and private. Private photos mean that when someone goes to your Flickr page, they will only see the public photos. You can still share the private photos with the link.
jedimasterben

Please just make sure you use https for any images and I can view them from work, otherwise I'm blocked.

I think Flickr is always https, so you're good :)

A piece of my yellow gorgonian that always looks happier than the larger piece it came from lol

25196866626_d86a476d12_o.jpg

Ohhhhh...is that yellow with pink polyps????? I've been wanting one like that :).
jedimasterben

Ohhhhh...is that yellow with pink polyps????? I've been wanting one like that :).

No, I don't think there are any that have pink polyps, it is just the lighting playing tricks :( It is just a yellow/white Pterogorgia citrina

Benny, what about drop box. Doesn't that give jpg links?

I don't think it does

Oh yeah, KPA sells that gorg as the Yellow Sea whip. Super pretty but the one I had grew out instead of up, so I decided not to put one in this tank since I'm low on real estate and mostly wanted vertical height out of the gorgs. I love the pretty white polyps on that one though!

Ben, is that red plating sponge the same as the blue playing sponge, but a different color? Is it photosynthetic?

jedimasterben

Oh yeah, KPA sells that gorg as the Yellow Sea whip. Super pretty but the one I had grew out instead of up, so I decided not to put one in this tank since I'm low on real estate and mostly wanted vertical height out of the gorgs. I love the pretty white polyps on that one though!

Ben, is that red plating sponge the same as the blue playing sponge, but a different color? Is it photosynthetic?

Liveaquaria says that it is, but I can't find any other data on it, so I would assume it's similar, just reddish :)

Oh, and that reminds me, i've been trying to take pictures of my purple sponge but can never get the colors to come out right. Maybe when I get my Ethereal next week I'll have better luck. Oops, did I say that out loud? :)

The crappy thing about that BBcode link you posted is that it takes all the photos from the album, there is no way to sort which ones it picks per date or anything. I suppose a work around would be to create a temporary new album with each upload for the links. but then what happens when you delete the album.

jedimasterben

The crappy thing about that BBcode link you posted is that it takes all the photos from the album, there is no way to sort which ones it picks per date or anything. I suppose a work around would be to create a temporary new album with each upload for the links. but then what happens when you delete the album.

You can go into Flickr's Organize setting and sort the album by date, either newest first or oldest first, then you only select which ones you want.

Albums are not where the photos are stored, so deleting an album will only remove that collection, the photos stay on the account.

No, I don't think there are any that have pink polyps, it is just the lighting playing tricks :( It is just a yellow/white Pterogorgia citrina

Legendary Corals advertises a yellow with pink polyps. That's the one I've been eyeing :).
jedimasterben

Legendary Corals advertises a yellow with pink polyps. That's the one I've been eyeing :).

I very, very highly doubt it looks anything like that in person, even in full actinic light like they have it in.

I very, very highly doubt it looks anything like that in person, even in full actinic light like they have it in.

Plus it's only like 1" :wacko:. But if it did look like that in person, I'd pay it LOL. I'm hoping they might be able to bring a frag to MACNA. I was going to ask them :).
jedimasterben

Plus it's only like 1" :wacko:. But if it did look like that in person, I'd pay it LOL. I'm hoping they might be able to bring a frag to MACNA. I was going to ask them :).

yeah, a 1" piece honestly probably won't even survive. Smaller gorgs don't seem to do well IME. I wonder if you can pay extra to make sure it doesn't come covered in bryopsis :lol:

yeah, a 1" piece honestly probably won't even survive. Smaller gorgs don't seem to do well IME. I wonder if you can pay extra to make sure it doesn't come covered in bryopsis :lol:

Yikes LOL. Actually a gorgonian would be pretty safe as long as it's removed from any base.
jedimasterben

What made you decide on the SL-1?

The step up to the T6i/s didn't make sense for the features, same with the T5i, as the Sl1 has the newer focusing mechanism than the T5i, which basically is the same as my T2i. The SL1 has a RAW frame buffer of eight images, my T2i can do six, same with the T5i and T6i, and I would LOVE eight. The camera being smaller and lighter is also a plus, my hands get shaky pretty quickly. I also still don't have the cash for a full frame sensor, and don't know about spending a grand on a used 6D that is already several years old.

The battery life of the SL1 sucks giant donkey balls, but third party batteries for it are higher capacity and cheap, so it's not too much of a downside. :)

Archived