Pod Your Reef

In Amber Clad

jedimasterben

jedimasterben

Maybe a kind nano reef member will be willing to purchase it for your cost, if not very close? I certainly would, to help you out in a poopy situation, but I won't do any shipping in the cold weather.

I actually just added that yellow fiji leather to my want list...

The problem is shipping it - these do need overnight shipping, so that brings it to a minimum of $35-40 via USPS, and if USPS is two day in that area, then it would have to go Fedex or UPS, and I don't have an account with either of them, so shipping would be very expensive. :/

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is shipping it - these do need overnight shipping, so that brings it to a minimum of $35-40 via USPS, and if USPS is two day in that area, then it would have to go Fedex or UPS, and I don't have an account with either of them, so shipping would be very expensive. :/

:(

Put it in my luggage when I am in Orlando in April. :D

jedimasterben

There is also the problem that as soon as it goes into my tank it will be a 'host' of sorts for Ostreopsis, and I don't necessarily want to share those. :/

There is also the problem that as soon as it goes into my tank it will be a 'host' of sorts for Ostreopsis, and I don't necessarily want to share those. :/

Ohhhh, poop... yeah. Dang... They already shipped yeah? Too bad you can't request a shipping address change.

Can you file a credit card dispute? It seems like it's a LiveAquaria screw up.

Ohhhh, poop... yeah. Dang... They already shipped yeah? Too bad you can't request a shipping address change.

Can you file a credit card dispute? It seems like it's a LiveAquaria screw up.

I'm with Kimber! they should NOT charge you for it. That is stinky.

Florida overnight is $20 :)

Edit:

But Ostreopsis :(

jedimasterben

Florida overnight is $20 :)

Edit:

But Ostreopsis :(

If you're using water from the ocean, they're already in your tank, young Harold. ;)

If you're using water from the ocean, they're already in your tank, young Harold. ;)

I thought those were Dinos from the context- no?

Or at least an evil type

jedimasterben

I thought those were Dinos from the context- no?

Or at least an evil type

This species is endemic to FL (and loads of others places around the world).

jedimasterben

So why do they have more of an impact in your tank? :(

They take over in some tanks, they don't in others. Take kat's for instance, in some of her pictures she has some little bits here and there but they never bloom. Same with markalot's 150, even though he won't admit it :P

They take over in some tanks, they don't in others. Take kat's for instance, in some of her pictures she has some little bits here and there but they never bloom. Same with markalot's 150, even though he won't admit it :P

Weird! I get purified ocean water, hope they don't bloom or anything.

Let me know when I can send you the chalice

So the second yellow leather from LA melted and the stereonepthya completely detached from the frag disc. :angry:

Oh NOOOOO! They will credit you though. That sucks :(

jedimasterben

Oh NOOOOO! They will credit you though. That sucks :(

Yeah, the nepthya was barely hanging on to the plug when I got it, though it had great polyp extension, so it is possible it is still floating around somewhere in the tank and might can get attached and grow, but I don't have high hopes for it lol. Going to email them later today when I can get home and get some pics of everything. Luckily I took pics of the stuff when I got it so I would have a record of it not being well-attached, and the yellow leather had a big blotch on it that I didn't know how it would be affected in the long term.

jedimasterben

Just got half a gallon of Kent Tech M in, bryopsis be damned!! Added 300mL of solution today, which should raise the tank (roughly 50 gallons total volume) by 108ppm, so will continue to do that for a week or so and then let it ride and see where that gets me.

FTS 1/25/16

IMG_5298.jpg

This stuff is so thick.
IMG_5300.jpg

IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5322.jpg

IMG_5330.jpg

IMG_5333.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

IMG_5367.jpg

IMG_5370.jpg

IMG_5387.jpg

IMG_5395.jpg

jedimasterben

Hey ben do you want to explain to me why you have a fighting conch without a sandbed? :lol::P

Great pics BTW

Because I don't have anything that preys on conchs :)

I actually have three in the tank, the Strombus gibberulus that is pictured, a Strombus alatus, and a Lobatus raninus.

And thanks! I took a few more of the other fish, but they were in full-on freak mode because I had just cleaned the glass :lol:

Archived