Coral Vue Hydros

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Marc.The.Shark

WTF kinda bullshit tank you got that there is a gap? The acrylic should be pretty tight to the glass. :wacko:

LOL, and his drain sucks! Time to hit it with a sledge right now and go out & get a Betta Bowl. Save yourself the headache!!

• Like 1

LOL, and his drain sucks! Time to hit it with a sledge right now and go out & get a Betta Bowl. Save yourself the headache!!

Still take him like 2 yrs to do that.... he said that he was gonna do that with the 40b that is still running before I ordered my tank last year lol

• Like 3
Marc.The.Shark

Still take him like 2 yrs to do that.... he said that he was gonna do that with the 40b that is still running before I ordered my tank last year lol

Looks like you're my neighbor. where u at in MI?

WTF kinda bullshit tank you got that there is a gap? The acrylic should be pretty tight to the glass. :wacko:

Ya....they purposely built it this way....maybe an 1/8" standoff? They have slits cut at the bottom pane of acrylic and the teeth are cut at the top.

Not sure on the reasoning.....

• Like 1

Looks like you're my neighbor. where u at in MI?

You don't wanna be my neighbor, I live in Flint LOL

Ya....they purposely built it this way....maybe an 1/8" standoff? They have slits cut at the bottom pane of acrylic and the teeth are cut at the top.

Not sure on the reasoning.....

Thats some shit they do for AIO I think so the pump doesn't run dry, shitty idea for a tank with a drain..... if you shut the return pump off how low does your tank drain???????? :wacko:

• Like 1

Is this....wait for it....progress??? The tank finally has water. Never thought I'd see the day :lol:

I was just thinking the same thing. Actually, I was thinking HOLY CRAP There's tank talk in Jack's thread. What da fuq is going on here?

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

LOL! I'm originally from Saginaw, not much better! I'll b driving thru Flint on my way home in the morning......With my head down!! ha

• Like 1

LOL....highly advanced......and babysat.

I stuck a piece of tubing in the vent this morning...probably 70% reduction in noise. Going to try drilling out the vent hole to double it's current size......seems like it surges down the standpipe....not just a constant, steady flow.

Sancho......you awake yet?

I always had trouble with my durso when I ran one. I know all plumbing needs some time to break in, a slime coat kinda builds up just like with a skimmer. A bigger hole, bigger tubbing with a valve to control the amount of air will allow you to dial it in. Read this it may also be helpful http://www.3reef.com/threads/reverse-durso-application-and-construction.147010/written up by a local guy I have seen it on a few tanks works very well. Your return pump might also be a cause of excessive noise may be to much gph or not enough. We played with this on a buddies tank when the DC pumps came out. It was amazing how changing the speed of the pump effected the noise. The last tank I helped put together we used a maggie muffler. I have a few in my garage some were?? if I can find a 1 inch i will send it to you.

• Like 2

Thats some shit they do for AIO I think so the pump doesn't run dry, shitty idea for a tank with a drain..... if you shut the return pump off how low does your tank drain???????? :wacko:

Not too far....down a couple inches. Right to where the lock line nozzles are....you know, the educators.

I was just thinking the same thing. Actually, I was thinking HOLY CRAP There's tank talk in Jack's thread. What da fuq is going on here?

Don't get used to it, Queeny.

I always had trouble with my durso when I ran one. I know all plumbing needs some time to break in, a slime coat kinda builds up just like with a skimmer. A bigger hole, bigger tubbing with a valve to control the amount of air will allow you to dial it in. Read this it may also be helpful http://www.3reef.com/threads/reverse-durso-application-and-construction.147010/written up by a local guy I have seen it on a few tanks works very well. Your return pump might also be a cause of excessive noise may be to much gph or not enough. We played with this on a buddies tank when the DC pumps came out. It was amazing how changing the speed of the pump effected the noise. The last tank I helped put together we used a maggie muffler. I have a few in my garage some were?? if I can find a 1 inch i will send it to you.

Awesome. I'll trade you an urchin and a pistol.

• Like 2
Marc.The.Shark

Yeah the Maggie's are based off the Stockman design. A good idea if you have only 1 drain, incase a big enuf rouge snail gets in the overflow & gets lodged in the drain elbow, could cause an overflow. Stockman design will alleviate the chance of this happening.

LOL! I'm originally from Saginaw, not much better! I'll b driving thru Flint on my way home in the morning......With my head down!! ha

Yeah I avoid going anywhere near a few areas. Thankfully where I'm at isn't to bad, more worried about the coyotes on the other side of my fence then the drug runner and his motor home in the subdivision across the street. LOL

Not too far....down a couple inches. Right to where the lock line nozzles are....you know, the educators.

Don't get used to it, Queeny.

So the glass inside still comes up a pretty good distance?

• Like 2

:lol: you haven seen my garage. I know I have a few bigger ones and may have gave the 1 inch away already. If I can find it its yours. But dont hold your breath. I think the 1 inch is only $10 or $15.

• Like 2

How about just one little picture showing where you're at? just one. that's all I ask :)

I'll save Jack the hassle, these are the last two pics I got from him earlier today, in order of being received:

Ohio-State-lesbians_1_zpswsldimv7.jpg

3cc4bb8d090fb4e8c1e97be2e7a7a0aa_zpsbp1f

• Like 3

Yeah I avoid going anywhere near a few areas. Thankfully where I'm at isn't to bad, more worried about the coyotes on the other side of my fence then the drug runner and his motor home in the subdivision across the street. LOL

So the glass inside still comes up a pretty good distance?

Just below the overflow teeth.

How about just one little picture showing where you're at? just one. that's all I ask :)

Ok....just one. But, I pick the shot...and it'll be late tonight :^ )

• Like 2

Shouldn't need a bigger hole. Pic of how you have it setup?

Standpipe%20Vent.jpg

Here you can see the vent tube on the top of the standpipe.

Standpipe%2090.jpg

And here is the 90 elbow. This is all 1" line.

The vent tube reduced the noise quite a bit....but you can still hear a surging of water down the drain. It goes in short blasts. I'm thinking opening up the vent hole and adding a larger diameter vent tube.

-Hope you enjoy the photos Stella! You'll notice a gave you two instead of only 1. You're welcome. :wub:

• Like 2
Marc.The.Shark

yeah, u don't have a lot of room in there to work with, the returns look like they cross right over the drain. Where is the sound coming from, top or sump? maybe the whole thing needs to be just a little lower. Where is the water line? Should be like this so it doesn't surge

duriso1.png

• Like 2

yeah, u don't have a lot of room in there to work with, the returns look like they cross right over the drain. Where is the sound coming from, top or sump?

Both. Main sound seems to be the chugging water sound passing through the flexible drain line within the stand.

Marc.The.Shark

Change that flex shit out to hard pipe. Plus, is your cap inverted? Might not have enuf of an air pocket in there, see if you have room for a regular cap or they even sell flat ones

• Like 2