inTank Media Baskets

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

how is it set up now?

Just a single 1" drain pipe going down into the sump. 90 on top of the stand pipe in the overflow box with a vent hole above the 90....durso style, correct?

Marc.The.Shark

I use a silencer on my single 1" drain, can barely hear it. Made it myself. Like this, although mine overflows the top cause its in the tank, I don't have an overflow box

maxresdefault.jpg

Edit: Google Stockman Standpipe, a few diff ways to set it up

• Like 2

I use a silencer on my single 1" drain, can barely hear it. Made it myself. Like this, although mine overflows the top cause its in the tank, I don't have an overflow box

maxresdefault.jpg

Edit: Google Stockman Standpipe, a few diff ways to set it up

Awesome, thank you!

I thought I had a bigger vent hole diameter than what's actually there......looks like about what you have.....3/16" maybe.

I'll give the tubing a try.....next was drilling that small vent hole to a larger diameter.

BTW, you should be sleeping.

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

I'm working the night shift!!!! lol. & I ended up running my airline all the way down into the sump, prob 2 or 3" from the waterline. Don't know if that helped to tune it or not, kept pushing it down!! lol. The 90 could be doing it too, check out the pics of the Stockman

• Like 1

I'm working the night shift!!!! lol. & I ended up running my airline all the way down into the sump, prob 2 or 3" from the waterline. Don't know if that helped to tune it or not, kept pushing it down!! lol. The 90 could be doing it too, check out the pics of the Stockman

Night shift.....what do you do?

Cool, will do on the stockman.

Technician, monitoring highly advanced equipment so it doesn't F up!! lol

LOL....highly advanced......and babysat.

I stuck a piece of tubing in the vent this morning...probably 70% reduction in noise. Going to try drilling out the vent hole to double it's current size......seems like it surges down the standpipe....not just a constant, steady flow.

Sancho......you awake yet?

Hooked up the gyre 130 last night. Seems like a pretty decent product.....but, I think I should have gotten the 150. Or, I have it set wrong.....the current doesn't impress me right now.

Fix this for me Benny.

• Like 1

Is this....wait for it....progress??? The tank finally has water. Never thought I'd see the day :lol:

Lets wait for the stocking of said tank.......

You set up that hybrid yet?

• Like 1
Marc.The.Shark

LOL....highly advanced......and babysat.

I stuck a piece of tubing in the vent this morning...probably 70% reduction in noise. Going to try drilling out the vent hole to double it's current size......seems like it surges down the standpipe....not just a constant, steady flow.

Sancho......you awake yet?

Shouldn't need a bigger hole. Pic of how you have it setup?

• Like 2

Lets wait for the stocking of said tank.......

You set up that hybrid yet?

You got me there. Still sitting in the box :) and I think more boxes are now on top of it so it's even further from being used than before

• Like 1

You got me there. Still sitting in the box :) and I think more boxes are now on top of it so it's even further from being used than before

You should just sell it to me......I'll pay you in starbucks gift cards.

• Like 2

Oml this has taken you FOREVER to set up your tank. I jut read this entire post AND DANG. Honestly I would go crazy waiting this long just for water.

Yep. Unfortunately, work, kids, neverending house projects and repairs along with all the emergency crap life throws at you at all the perfect times.......and managing the still running 40b ......this tank is barely a blip on the radar.....sooner or later though......something will happen.....maybe.

You could just give the Starbucks gift cards to me. I wouldn't mind.

True.......but I would get something in return from Kevin.

• Like 1

That's a lot of Starbucks. I'll think about it

Make sure they are full face value otherwise gonna be gettin a bunch of used up cards... although you would still get the same use out of them as that light :lol:

• Like 2

Make sure they are full face value otherwise gonna be gettin a bunch of used up cards... although you would still get the same use out of them as that light :lol:

LOL......Shhhhhh. Pipe down over there.

Kevin about to take me up on my offer.

• Like 2

MagRock showed up today.

Had plans for it on the face of my overflow box. Just realized my overflow box is glass. Then, covered in black acrylic with a gap in between the two. Magnets hold....but a little sketchy. Looks like I'll have to change up the scape. Damnit.

MagRock showed up today.

Had plans for it on the face of my overflow box. Just realized my overflow box is glass. Then, covered in black acrylic with a gap in between the two. Magnets hold....but a little sketchy. Looks like I'll have to change up the scape. Damnit.

WTF kinda bullshit tank you got that there is a gap? The acrylic should be pretty tight to the glass. :wacko:

• Like 2