Pod Your Reef

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Standpipe%20Vent.jpg

Here you can see the vent tube on the top of the standpipe.

Standpipe%2090.jpg

And here is the 90 elbow. This is all 1" line.

The vent tube reduced the noise quite a bit....but you can still hear a surging of water down the drain. It goes in short blasts. I'm thinking opening up the vent hole and adding a larger diameter vent tube.

-Hope you enjoy the photos Stella! You'll notice a gave you two instead of only 1. You're welcome. :wub:

OMG did you give your lights a little push before you took those? Its like a long exposure pic with the radion swinging back and forth.

Change that flex shit out to hard pipe. Plus, is your cap inverted? Might not have enuf of an air pocket in there, see if you have room for a regular cap or they even sell flat ones

+100

• Like 2

Change that flex shit out to hard pipe. Plus, is your cap inverted? Might not have enuf of an air pocket in there, see if you have room for a regular cap or they even sell flat ones

Yep, they used a reducer / bushing like piece...but solid with a hole drilled in it....so, ya....an internal cap/plug. And they glued the ####er for some reason.

I would drive up there tomorrow if I thought you were seriously struggling with your plumbing. :P

I appreciate that......b uy really, what good would that do? We'd just end up drunk.

I'll get it running nice and quiet as soon as I can dedicate some time to it. Looks like a Friday night project.

Nitey-nite.

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone.

• Like 2

Need to use at least 1.25" plumbing inside the overflow, then convert to 1" at the bulkhead. Not sure exactly why that is, but it helps make it much quieter, though since it is a single drain durso, it will never truly be 'quiet' unless you only have a trickle of water going into it. :(

• Like 1

Need to use at least 1.25" plumbing inside the overflow, then convert to 1" at the bulkhead. Not sure exactly why that is, but it helps make it much quieter, though since it is a single drain durso, it will never truly be 'quiet' unless you only have a trickle of water going into it. :(

How about my gyre......is the 130 too small for a 24" cube?

I have it on constant mode now at about 70%.....is there a better mode to run it on? Seems weak.

How about my gyre......is the 130 too small for a 24" cube?

I have it on constant mode now at about 70%.....is there a better mode to run it on? Seems weak.

I've got mine at constant 100% in my 40 blowing across the top, but then again I like my corals like I like my women, half bent-over ;)

• Like 3

I've got mine at constant 100% in my 40 blowing across the top, but then again I like my corals like I like my women, half bent-over ;)

LOL.....that's how I want them as well. Up it goes.

How's Ellie this morning?

• Like 2

LOL.....that's how I want them as well. Up it goes.

How's Ellie this morning?

She was a bit of a diva last night, but we spent about 7 hours away from home yesterday, around half of which spent in the car, so Ellie slept almost that whole time and didn't eat much (kept falling asleep halfway through a bottle lol). Her and mariah both are taking a nap right now, have been for about two hours or so now. Hopefully they'll both be less cranky for when we go out of town (again) in a little bit.

• Like 3

She was a bit of a diva last night, but we spent about 7 hours away from home yesterday, around half of which spent in the car, so Ellie slept almost that whole time and didn't eat much (kept falling asleep halfway through a bottle lol). Her and mariah both are taking a nap right now, have been for about two hours or so now. Hopefully they'll both be less cranky for when we go out of town (again) in a little bit.

"Hopefully less cranky"........hahahahahahahaha, yep.....I'm sure they will be buddy.

LMAO

:^ )

• Like 4

"Hopefully less cranky"........hahahahahahahaha, yep.....I'm sure they will be buddy.

LMAO

:^ )

Luckily Ellie loves riding in the car and falls asleep almost immediately. Actually, my wife is the same way! :lol:

• Like 3

I appreciate that......b uy really, what good would that do? We'd just end up drunk.

Pssshhh. What's wrong with that? That actually sounds like more fun than whatever the heck you're trying to figure out at the moment ;)

-Hope you enjoy the photos Stella! You'll notice a gave you two instead of only 1. You're welcome. :wub:

:wub: You sure know how to make a girl's heart race, Jack. Elbows, risers, manifolds (oh wait, maybe that's boat engines) whatevertheF you got going on there. :P

• Like 1

Luckily Ellie loves riding in the car and falls asleep almost immediately. Actually, my wife is the same way! :lol:

Hmmmm, you live a charmed life JMB.

One piece of fatherly wisdom I will share with you.......once you get used to a certain pattern/schedule.....they will change it up on you the next day. Remember this month's from now at 3:00am.

Pssshhh. What's wrong with that? That actually sounds like more fun than whatever the heck you're trying to figure out at the moment ;)

:wub: You sure know how to make a girl's heart race, Jack. Elbows, risers, manifolds (oh wait, maybe that's boat engines) whatevertheF you got going on there. :P

Ya, and I'm knuckles deep on this box right now......

;^ )

• Like 5

One piece of fatherly wisdom I will share with you.......once you get used to a certain pattern/schedule.....they will change it up on you the next day. Remember this month's from now at 3:00am.

;^ )

Knuckles deep in a box...? Sounds like a good way to spend a morning. :lol:

• Like 5

;^ )

Hahaha
  • Like 3

Jedi, it's the velocity. The 1-1/2" flows so much water (gpm) and at a given velocity. For a 1" pipe to flow the same gpm the velocity increases and doesn't allow the larger air bubble to run down the pipe (noise). It the same reason on an large scale you reduce into a pump so the pump can't cavitate from air the water and "reduce" again leaving the pump from the smaller pump size to the larger pipe size.

• Like 1

At depot picking up supplies for a job tomorrow.........and some shit to #### with the plumbing on the tank.......bitch is getting her pipes cleaned tonight.

From the sounds of it I hope your picking up an industrial sized tube cleaner, that little thing your wife has at home won't suffice for this sloppy box lol

• Like 2

From the sounds of it I hope your picking up an industrial sized tube cleaner, that little thing your wife has at home won't suffice for this sloppy box lol

LOL....Don't underestimate Mrs. Jack's pipecleaner.

It has a kick start. :^ )

• Like 2