Coral Vue Hydros

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

What kinda ####ed up chinese phone number bullshit is this?

No no.....it said ####, ####, ####, ####.....because I flooded my bathroom for the second time in less than 12 hours :^ )

Oooops.

• Like 6

New projects! !

Listen. If I can do this in less than a couple hours, you can do it in probably 20 minutes ;)

wjBO9hP.jpg

vWVWJG4.jpg

am4iGHk.jpg

Just install a pressure canister :) Makes it so much easier!

• Like 1

No no.....it said ####, ####, ####, ####.....because I flooded my bathroom for the second time in less than 12 hours :^ )

Oooops.

Aww man. And here I thought you were giving me your digits. Way to break a girl's heart, Jack.

• Like 1

Aww man. And here I thought you were giving me your digits. Way to break a girl's heart, Jack.

You home wrecking hussy.......

Did mrs Jack find out about either time?

Yes. She woke me up this morning.....wanted to know where she could put the sopping towel and her watch....that I unknowingly drenched as well.....She was not home for the second flooding this afternoon....and I disposed of all evidence.

buy this drill a hole in bucket done deal. Best $10 I ever spent. Flooded my kitchen weekly.

2158-hydrologic-float-valve-1-4-qc-for-s

Done.....well, I'll order it later tonight when I get some quiet time.

• Like 3

Quiet time? It's fantastic. She's at her "sisters" for a girl weekend. But won't quit texting me

Quiet time is when the wife and girls go to bed.....I finally get time to finish computer work, work on the tank or watch some good ol TV....or flood my bathroom. Either way, quiet time.

• Like 3

Well, I made another 10 gallons of water. Did not flood the bathroom for a 3rd time....yet.

Going to bed.

Two words. Pressure Reservoir. DO it. Best thing I ever did. I fill up three gallons in a few minutes throughout the week and I've always got at least 15-20 gallons on hand. And I haven't flooded anything since I installed it ;)

• Like 1

Well, I made another 10 gallons of water. Did not flood the bathroom for a 3rd time....yet.

Going to bed.

if you are IN the bathroom, why exactly aren't you leaving the bucket and drain line IN the tub?
  • Like 5

Listen. If I can do this in less than a couple hours, you can do it in probably 20 minutes ;)

wjBO9hP.jpg

vWVWJG4.jpg

am4iGHk.jpg

Just install a pressure canister :) Makes it so much easier!

You don't particularly want to do that. You'll see the TDS of the water inside steadily rise as you use it.

• Like 2

You don't particularly want to do that. You'll see the TDS of the water inside steadily rise as you use it.

Why? I have been using a system like this for almost 6 years and TDS still 0.
  • Like 1

.....and Mrs. Jack would kill me if I had that shit everywhere in her bathroom/laundry room. She hates anything tank related / time spent on the tank. Only likes the sparkly box of water as a finish product......nothing else aboutnit.

And, I don't have room for any equipment in the 800 Sq ft house.....wwe don't even have a garage. Space is precious.

• Like 2

if you are IN the bathroom, why exactly aren't you leaving the bucket and drain line IN the tub?

.....and Mrs. Jack would kill me if I had that shit everywhere in her bathroom/laundry room. She hates anything tank related / time spent on the tank. Only likes the sparkly box of water as a finish product......nothing else aboutnit.

And, I don't have room for any equipment in the 800 Sq ft house.....wwe don't even have a garage. Space is precious.

• Like 1

Why? Guess I don't get that. I've got an inline meter testing the output before I bottle it.

Why? Guess I don't get that. I've got an inline meter testing the output before I bottle it.

the DI resin needs low flow across it. To my understanding it less effective when under pressure. My RO/DI is used to make drinking water it is set up in a way that the drinking water and DI are separate. I used some T fitting and one way check valves.

• Like 1

Why? I have been using a system like this for almost 6 years and TDS still 0.

As you use the system, the first bit of water that comes out will have a higher TDS than normal, even with the DI resin, I don't fully understand it myself, but that higher TDS water will go into the pressure tank and will build up over time, as you never fully drain the tank. I don't use them for this reason, but that is how it was explained to me by azdesertrat.

• Like 1

the DI resin needs low flow across it. To my understanding it less effective when under pressure. My RO/DI is used to make drinking water it is set up in a way that the drinking water and DI are separate. I used some T fitting and one way check valves.

So if it comes from the pressure tank and then through the DI, that should take care of it?

So if it comes from the pressure tank and then through the DI, that should take care of it?

What Ben said is also true. The way your system is set up you may be pressurizing the the di canister every time you make water. Cant tell with the picks. I dont get it either but when I first turn mine on the TDS meter sometimes reads 15 to 25 ppm. It usually takes about 30 seconds to a minute to go back down to 0 ppm. So yeah your storing that higher TDS water every time.