Top Shelf Aquatics

jacks cube -an unfinished story

jack1978

Maybe.......takes one to know one.

:^ )

How's your remodeling/ addition going?

Hasn't started yet. But I am collecting things for it. So far just bathroom fixtures but we're looking at pedestal sinks and toilets :lol:. The tentative start date is Oct. 17! They are pretty much waiting on us to give them the go. I'm waiting on my painter. He's scraping the acoustic ceilings away which I've had and hated for 13 years! Finally got them tested, no asbestos :happydance:. So he's going to remove those and then I'm going to have him paint the walls. Then I can move things into the living room and they can start the remodel. It's the tank holding me up. I could move everything now but I don't want to relocate that tank. I just want to transfer it.

• Like 3

Hasn't started yet. But I am collecting things for it. So far just bathroom fixtures but we're looking at pedestal sinks and toilets :lol:. The tentative start date is Oct. 17! They are pretty much waiting on us to give them the go. I'm waiting on my painter. He's scraping the acoustic ceilings away which I've had and hated for 13 years! Finally got them tested, no asbestos :happydance:. So he's going to remove those and then I'm going to have him paint the walls. Then I can move things into the living room and they can start the remodel. It's the tank holding me up. I could move everything now but I don't want to relocate that tank. I just want to transfer it.

That's exciting!

Good call on that acoustic removal.....I hate that stuff. That was the first thing i did at our first home. Garden hose with a spray attachment, ladder and scraper......best improvement ever!

You're doing an addition as well.....right? Or am I making stuff up?

That's exciting!

Good call on that acoustic removal.....I hate that stuff. That was the first thing i did at our first home. Garden hose with a spray attachment, ladder and scraper......best improvement ever!

You're doing an addition as well.....right? Or am I making stuff up?

We were going to do an addition but can't swing it right now. Maybe in a few years? It is definitely something we would like to do!

• Like 1

That plastic doesn't look so natural...............

It's clear.......you can't see it. :ninja:

That looks nice!

Thanks......I think I finally decided on the "core" of the scape.......although its not what I was originally after.

Gonna have to liquidate a few corals I believe :mellow:

We were going to do an addition but can't swing it right now. Maybe in a few years? It is definitely something we would like to do!

Ya....money.......or lack there of.........is like waking up, rolling over in bed and looking right into the still sleeping eyes of MONDAY!

We're hoping to bump our place out in 2017. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

I forgot about that company. Cool!!!!

i thought pico also forgot about that company. Last I checked they were out of business.

How long have you been hoarding this tank?

• Like 4

i thought pico also forgot about that company. Last I checked they were out of business.

How long have you been hoarding this tank?

LOL, Awhile.

I forgot about that company. Cool!!!!

Ya.....I like the look of it......but now I have to choose which coral stays and which coral hits the road.

:^ (

• Like 3

Pics or its all a lie.......................... :P

You really should be in bed you know 4:30 was way to early for you :lol: oh wait you probably had a nap................

• Like 2

Pics or its all a lie.......................... :P

You really should be in bed you know 4:30 was way to early for you :lol: oh wait you probably had a nap................

LOL, nap. I think so far this year I've taken a total of 2 or three naps......probably 2. You've gotten Lawn and myself confused in your advanced age.

• Like 2

Still waiting patiently for pics...

:D

Rock%20Arch%20FTS.jpg

Rock%20Arch%20Left%20Side.jpg

Rock%20Arch%20Top%20Down.jpg

Not the final version....but getting closer.

After getting everything epoxied, I'll let it sit in my sump for a while before setting up the new tank.

• Like 8

Is this a new tank or one you had set up previously? Looks like dead coralline algae on the back wall, which is why I ask. I tried to find pico aquariums and didn't see them online. Are they still in business and I'm just online search challenged? :lol:

• Like 1