SaltCritters.com

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

LOL, all in due time, right?

HA! Yes. And since patience isn't really one of my virtues, the time it is taking me is driving me nuts :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And we have water! I've got some rocks in there I want to cycle that aren't in final positions, but I'm pretty happy with the bottom of the island. Still working on the plant top, but once it is done, I can sit it on top with a bit of emarco and I'll be in business. Dr. Tim's ammonia and one and only added! Let the cycle begin!

8EpG6xa.jpg

WATER!!!!!!!

Looking good, now the slow process of cycling. I hate the waiting game. Added live rock and live sand to my tank to help the process start. Along with a piece of liverock from my Spec V to seed the tank.

WATER!!!!!!!

Looking good, now the slow process of cycling. I hate the waiting game. Added live rock and live sand to my tank to help the process start. Along with a piece of liverock from my Spec V to seed the tank.

I put in a sponge filter from my 6 gallon. Hopefully that will help!!

HarryPotter

I put in a sponge filter from my 6 gallon. Hopefully that will help!!

Cycling is overrated.

(Waits to get beat with a stick)

Cycling is overrated.

(Waits to get beat with a stick)

I know right? I think I will just go purchase 10 fish and toss them in to tough it out....

Joking of course

HarryPotter

I know right? I think I will just go purchase 10 fish and toss them in to tough it out....

Joking of course

Heh I'm a terrible example though.. My first tank I totally lucked out on. Started my Nanocube with live sand and live rock, had two "nemos" the third day, and by the end of the week a RBTA, GSP, and a Duncan.

A week later I stopped adding salt water for top offs! :lol:

Luckily I didn't go through any cycle, but only later on did I realize how risky/stupid that was.... So WHOOPS

Heh I'm a terrible example though.. My first tank I totally lucked out on. Started my Nanocube with live sand and live rock, had two "nemos" the third day, and by the end of the week a RBTA, GSP, and a Duncan.

A week later I stopped adding salt water for top offs! :lol:

Luckily I didn't go through any cycle, but only later on did I realize how risky/stupid that was.... So WHOOPS

OMG.

HarryPotter

OMG.

Oh AND A FLAME ANGEL!

Week 1

IMG_8188_zpsuwpbigln.jpg

Week 2

IMG_8444_zpsmw6aymmh.jpg

The Dwarf Angelfish passed away 6 months in of fin rot (clownfish was assaulting it) and I returned the clownfish since it was a bully.

Anemone eventually nuked the tank in a powerhead, so I redid the tank with new rock like so

10months

IMG_0177_zpskni2qv78.jpg

And later on was my upgrade to the RL-45!

I still have my original Duncan frag but now it has 20 heads! (From one)

Oh AND A FLAME ANGEL!

Week 1

IMG_8188_zpsuwpbigln.jpg

Week 2

IMG_8444_zpsmw6aymmh.jpg

The Dwarf Angelfish passed away 6 months in of fin rot (clownfish was assaulting it) and I returned the clownfish since it was a bully. Remained a coral only tank until my upgrade to the RL-45!

HOLY CRAP! Week 1 you added all that stuff??

HarryPotter

HOLY CRAP! Week 1 you added all that stuff??

Yeah.. And never had a cycle or any issues. It's weird!

I guess the rock and sand were live? Dunno

I edited that post to show the progression of that tank :)

Yeah.. And never had a cycle or any issues. It's weird!

I guess the rock and sand were live? Dunno

I edited that post to show the progression of that tank :)

Having good live rock and live sand does make a difference.... I wish I had more I can move over from my Spec V, but I would risk killing things I do not wish to kill/remove. The current rock I moved to the 22L had overgrowth of coral I planned on getting rid of, the stuff is growing all over my glass as well. -_- If someone wants to come over with a bag and a razor blade they can have it. haha. I forget the name of it. It is a softie that grow's as well as Xenia.

And we have water! I've got some rocks in there I want to cycle that aren't in final positions, but I'm pretty happy with the bottom of the island. Still working on the plant top, but once it is done, I can sit it on top with a bit of emarco and I'll be in business. Dr. Tim's ammonia and one and only added! Let the cycle begin!

8EpG6xa.jpg

Congrats!!! :) I really dig your scape!

Did the water level right where we had planned? always bothered me if I had cut the teeth down too much or not enough...but it looks good in the pic.

8EpG6xa.jpg

OH no not again....... Wee wee...... ;)

Congrats!!! :) I really dig your scape!

Did the water level right where we had planned? always bothered me if I had cut the teeth down too much or not enough...but it looks good in the pic.

It's perfect! It is high enough yet low enough as well that I don't feel it is going to overflow :)

Yeah water!!!! Let the cycle begin.

Now the waiting ensues!

Now the waiting ensues!

There is just no getting around that"patience thing"when it comes to aquariums, is there? There is waiting for the tank to arrive, waiting for silicone to set up, waiting for rock, waiting for it to cycle, and even waiting for frags to turn it colonies! Waiting, waiting, waiting...I guess we need to learn to relish the process rather than the end result!

There is just no getting around that"patience thing"when it comes to aquariums, is there? There is waiting for the tank to arrive, waiting for silicone to set up, waiting for rock, waiting for it to cycle, and even waiting for frags to turn it colonies! Waiting, waiting, waiting...I guess we need to learn to relish the process rather than the end result!

Yes, good point, Dawn! I've got my seachem badge in the tank along with a really gross filter that was in my 6 gallon for 5 months or so. Ammonia was at 2 ppm last night when I went to bed. this am, 0 ammonia, detectible nitrites and 6 ppm nitrates. Thought that was weird.

I cycled my 29 in like 4 days with bottled bacteria and ammonia. Doesn't mean you can throw 10 fish in there, just means you have a starting bacteria population.

Quick cycle maybe, it can happen.

I cycled my 29 in like 4 days with bottled bacteria and ammonia. Doesn't mean you can throw 10 fish in there, just means you have a starting bacteria population.

Yeah, definitely not adding any fish for a month or so :) I think I'm going to put some more of the ammonia in and see what happens. I've not used this stuff before. With my biocube, I had a couple pieces of live rock and then dry base. Took a couple weeks. With the little tanks, I used live rock and some existing sand from my biocube, still took about a week. This shocked me. I thought my test was wonky and the ammonia badge wasn't reading any ammonia. I actually took it out and dripped ammonia on it just to make sure it turned color and it did :)

If anything, I may try adding in a toadstool frag and see what happens in a couple days.

That is really surprising. I wouldn't trust it to be cycled yet either. It sounds like you have a good plan.

Yeah. I'm going to add more ammonium chloride tomorrow and some more bacteria and see what happens. I think I'll feel better if nitrates skyrocket.

Lol money doesn't buy smarts ;)

Oh and looking good Miss. Like how rocks turned out

It doesn't?? CRAP!

And thank you :) I can't wait to get the plant top done!!

Archived