ReefCleaners.org

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

Clean job putting that film on Ms Stella. I think I still have a couple of bubbles in mine that just won't go away

it literally took me an hour, but it was easier for me since my tank was empty and it is small enough to put on its side. if it was set up like yours is and vertical, I'd for sure have a ton of bubbles.

I'm not patient... SHOW US HOW THE BACKING LOOKS!!

HAHA! Nope! Not until I at least have the island part of the scape in there so it looks right. It just looks like a frosted rice paper tank at the moment :)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I had another thought to help increase flow in the tank. I'm going to raise the base rock on the island so sand can go underneath and flow can go from both sides. Not much, but want to have it sit about 1 inch above the sand. So I'm building a pedestal for the rock structure and then will have a similar setup.

Anyway, update:

Got the translucent film on the back of the tank today:

No7xBcy.jpg

And while I was at Home Depot, saw this mini orchid so of course I had to get it:

Qu9GKxR.jpg

Interesting! Didn't realize the backing had a pattern to it. I guess it's not obvious when it's on the tank with water and light going. I like it :).

Interesting! Didn't realize the backing had a pattern to it. I guess it's not obvious when it's on the tank with water and light going. I like it :).

Yeah, I'm a little nervous about it. I saw the plain backing but really liked the rice paper one so I figured I'd try it out! It's non-adhesive so at least if I don't like it, I can remove it and replace it with the plain one.

Yeah, I'm a little nervous about it. I saw the plain backing but really liked the rice paper one so I figured I'd try it out! It's non-adhesive so at least if I don't like it, I can remove it and replace it with the plain one.

Oh ok. So Hey must have the plain backing? I'm sure it will look lovely. But nice that it's easily removable if not :).

Oh ok. So Hey must have the plain backing? I'm sure it will look lovely. But nice that it's easily removable if not :).

I think so! I love the look of his. But with the narrowness of this tank, I thought maybe a little texture would add some depth. Either that or it is going to make it look even smaller :) we'll see!

My tiny reef

I loved that TOTM. Orchids are my favorite flower so to mix with a reef tank is just brilliant in my mind. Will be following along to see this build!

Get the AIO and water in this Stella!!!!!

AIO is IN! Well, it was then I took it out to finish the scape. About to mortar the pieces together! Sand comes on Tuesday. Then we'll be cooking.

What a creative idea for a background, I thought you were going for a black bg :) but I really like to see how that texture looks with water in, rocks and light :)

What kind of sand are you getting?

What a creative idea for a background, I thought you were going for a black bg :) but I really like to see how that texture looks with water in, rocks and light :)

What kind of sand are you getting?

Nature's Ocean Bio-Activ samoa pink and then I have a coarser substrate go go on top (not crushed coral, mix of shells, etc.).

Things are looking good! I feel your eagerness to get water in the tank. I've been putting off starting a thread of my build. But the past 2 weeks I have been incredibly busy. I think I might start the thread tonight.

Things are looking good! I feel your eagerness to get water in the tank. I've been putting off starting a thread of my build. But the past 2 weeks I have been incredibly busy. I think I might start the thread tonight.

Start one!! Or did you already??? What's the link?

Is this tank swanky yet?

It sure ain't too swanky yet :D

Actually, I've been having some fun with eMarco and some rocks. And then I got sidetracked with work. Oh, and it took me 4 hours to build what is essentially two rocks stacked on an acrylic rod. YUP, four. And once I got them perfect, I went to stick them together with eMarco and forgot how I had them. I needed a sanity break from rockscaping after that.

It sure ain't too swanky yet :D

Actually, I've been having some fun with eMarco and some rocks. And then I got sidetracked with work. Oh, and it took me 4 hours to build what is essentially two rocks stacked on an acrylic rod. YUP, four. And once I got them perfect, I went to stick them together with eMarco and forgot how I had them. I needed a sanity break from rockscaping after that.

I know just how you feel! I hate when I get the rocks just right, and then when you go to glue them you can't get them back the way you had them :furious:

HarryPotter

Chiseling and more chiseling....

Meh. GET THAT G-D DARN CYCLE STARTED!

EVERY DAY YOU DONT FILL IT UP IS ANOTHER DAY YOULL HAVE TO WAIT FOR IT TO CYCLE.

Go get three buckets, fill er up! Add what you have (in terms of rock) so farQQ@

Marc.The.Shark

Less chiseling and more water please :flower:

Yeah Rachel ^^, I'm starting to question whether you even have this tank or you picked up some pics on google and posted them!! hahaha :)

thecoralbeauty

how have i missed all this?! stupid ear infection.

LOVE the little orchid. :) mini phals are my favorite.

also, I've never used dry rock, but i love the way you've set yours up. so many fun little nooks and crannies and tunnels for fish to play in. the dimensions on the tank are awesome too. it looks like the sexy little sibling to the 20L. :)

You guys are all so funny! Work has been kicking my butt. AND I toppled and broke my column base I had built for the orchid/airplant island today :tears:

There WILL be water and more photos by this weekend :ninja:

how have i missed all this?! stupid ear infection.

LOVE the little orchid. :) mini phals are my favorite.

also, I've never used dry rock, but i love the way you've set yours up. so many fun little nooks and crannies and tunnels for fish to play in. the dimensions on the tank are awesome too. it looks like the sexy little sibling to the 20L. :)

I love the mini phals too. I am looking to get three for the top and then intersperse with some cool airplants I found on airplantshop.com.

Here's a photo showing the top of the island (still needs some rocks built around) with the holes I drilled for orchids and airplants.

Jj2v4wn.jpg

this was last night as I was setting the emarco to hold things together:

Ko9AoyB.jpg

the base on the tall column is what broke off so now I just need to rebuild that and then build out the top a bit more. I'm glad it toppled now and not when it was in the tank. I have acrylic rods running through the rocks for stability and my bright idea of a base that would allow the rock to be raised was nice in theory, but not for something that tall.

How are you feeling now, Morgan? Any better? And I miss threads all the time and when I go back I think "how did I miss all those pages?!?!?!"

Less chiseling and more water please :flower:

:lol:

Yeah Rachel ^^, I'm starting to question whether you even have this tank or you picked up some pics on google and posted them!! hahaha :)

HAHA! OMG. I am dogging it with this.

Let's see dat emaco, yo :)

It's in there! just can't see it :) I love that stuff. It really is light weight.

Archived