inTank Media Baskets

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

The backing sure did turn out nice!!!. How wide is that? Just gave me a wonderful idea for the 40g for the rock flowers once I move down the line. I think my painted white will be too bright w/ the dark gravel but that looks perfect. This is going to be glorious!!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you be adding any extra lighting for the orchid's? Or do they get enough natural sun from the window?

Not quite sure yet. I'm kinda hoping they'll get enough light from the tank light, but if not, I'll add a grow light somewhere. I want to hide as much of the hardware as possible, so I have to give some thought to that.

The backing sure did turn out nice!!!. How wide is that? Just gave me a wonderful idea for the 40g for the rock flowers once I move down the line. I think my painted white will be too bright w/ the dark gravel but that looks perfect. This is going to be glorious!!!!

Thank you!! It's one of the window sidelight vinyl sheets (window privacy film) from Home Depot. It came 12" x 84 inches, but they offer different sizes as well. I've got about half left.

It looks great! Looks like a beautiful victorian house too based on that wall design - very well fitting for an elegant tank like you are putting together. ;) Not only am I envious of the long tank (I agree the frosted back is a nice touch), but the out-of-water rockscape with the orchids together with some colorful SPS and Acans (totally agree with Sk8) is going to be unreal.

I cannot wait to see the scape you decide on.

+1 to the waterfall idea? I mean come on that would be badass!

BTW are you guys going to MACNA???

CLOSE! We have the "new" house on the block - a 1920's dutch colonial. All others are straight up victorian :)

Thank you, NYF! You need to do a 12L! Or maybe a 22 L ;)

Definitely thinking of the waterfall. If I do one, it will be the ATO water coming out of the rocks - so it won't be constant, but it should help with salt creep and with the evaporation I'll probably see with this tank given the surface area compared with depth, I figure it may just be pretty often.

No MACNA for us. How about you guys??? and I think you guys need to take a trip to CT sometime and visit!

This is gonna be good.........you have a great eye for design

:blush: Thanks Sk8n!!! I'm worried that the rock column on the right is too heavy though. So I might take that apart and figure out how to make it more stable AND lighter. Of course I mortared it together, so we'll see how far I get with that! I did have an idea how to lighten up the plant structure on top though.... :ninja:

I like the heavy look of the rock structure on the right. To me the heaviness is offset by the length of the tank.

I like the heavy look of the rock structure on the right. To me the heaviness is offset by the length of the tank.

Good point, Dawn!!!

Idr who it was but someone had a waterfall that fell into a small pool of water in their rock scape then that overflowed into the tank, would be pretty legit with all the plants and such.

Might get salt creep though, and the plants are freshwater.

So, noob question. If I use egg crate joined together with zip ties, is all of that stuff going to leach a bunch of silicates or whatever into my tank?

Eggcrate and zip ties are both plastic, it's not going to leach anything.

It looks really good Stella.

Miss Kat is right lol you ever seen the rear of my tank hahaha?

Yeah, my concern is about salt creep and the plants as well. SOOOOO I'm thinking of running the ATO line into the rocks. Not a constant waterfall, but kinda sorta like a waterfall! Although one of my cats is obsessed with moving water so I'm thinking that may actually be really dangerous :)

Thank you re: eggcrate and zip ties!

Ok, first look at the "concept". I still am working at building the island out above the waterline. Need to finish that up today. And the rocks to the left of the tank I just placed there (longish rock in the middle and far rock to the left) - those will most likely change.

1eMdmeC.jpg

Very cool! I think there was a recent TOTM that was a similar design with waterfall. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!!!!! Unless you are a :wizard: with orchids, I'd make it easy to swap it out for a new blooming one. I got 3 for mother's day and only one still has it's blooms.

That's pickles? Pickles is a donkey?

Shit he's cute.

:lol: What did YOU think pickles was?? Should I be :scarry: ?

Oh lord. I can only imagine what Kat was thinking when we were all telling Jack we wanted pictures of Mr. Pickles...

(Formerly Mr. Pickles, now Miss Pickles)

That's pickles? Pickles is a donkey?

Shit he's cute.

Yep, miniature donkey. She's 7 days old....picture was at 4 days old....I think.

:lol: What did YOU think pickles was?? Should I be :scarry: ?Oh lord. I can only imagine what Kat was thinking when we were all telling Jack we wanted pictures of Mr. Pickles...

(Formerly Mr. Pickles, now Miss Pickles)

LOL....Miss Pickles definitely makes for a cuter picture.

Ok, first look at the "concept". I still am working at building the island out above the waterline. Need to finish that up today. And the rocks to the left of the tank I just placed there (longish rock in the middle and far rock to the left) - those will most likely change.

1eMdmeC.jpg

Love that rockwork on the right!

Thanks Jack!!! I need to build out the top a bit more to place more plants (air plants and two more mini orchids). Then once I get it in there, gotta figure out something for the left side, but whatever it is, I don't want a ton of rock on the other side.

Thanks Jack!!! I need to build out the top a bit more to place more plants (air plants and two more mini orchids). Then once I get it in there, gotta figure out something for the left side, but whatever it is, I don't want a ton of rock on the other side.

Leave the far left as open sand bed, I think that will look great. You will end up filling it with coral later on. :)

Water yet? Really stop liking your max likes everyday and get some water in that sexy tank. Im gonna send Harrys mom over to take your phone, tablet and computer from you! throw-computer-smiley-emoticon.gif

:o ooh I love that rock scape, the orchid really makes it awesome B)

Thanks Yoshi!!!

Water yet? Really stop liking your max likes everyday and get some water in that sexy tank. Im gonna send Harrys mom over to take your phone, tablet and computer from you! throw-computer-smiley-emoticon.gif

:lol: Siliconed yesterday! Just waiting for it to cure. And that is hilarious about Harry's mom.

HarryPotter

Thanks Yoshi!!!

:lol: Siliconed yesterday! Just waiting for it to cure. And that is hilarious about Harry's mom.

LOL HA I finished up my school work, so got em back ;)

Archived