Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

A little closer! Silicone today for the AIO kit :)

We decided to put the tank in the dining room rather than the sunroom and use the 6 gallon to have a little macro algae tank. The 12 L was just too long for the space I had planned. It looked weird. The loc line will be hidden by the island rock structure and the AIO will be hidden by placing a few choice plants and such around the outside of that side of the tank. So, hopefully it will look like an aquarium coming out of a plant island :)

aX0U71Z.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We decided to put the tank in the dining room rather than the sunroom and use the 6 gallon to have a little macro algae tank. The 12 L was just too long for the space I had planned. It looked weird. The loc line will be hidden by the island rock structure and the AIO will be hidden by placing a few choice plants and such around the outside of that side of the tank. So, hopefully it will look like an aquarium coming out of a plant island :)

aX0U71Z.jpg

I like it there ! Nice job stellablue!

That's a nice looking tank- I like the frosted back.........let's fill it with Acros

It is just vinyl backing from Home Depot. What I liked was that it actually isn't adhesive. You wet the glass, squeegee the vinyl on and when it dries, it's stuck. BUT if I ever need to peel it off, it's really easy.

.... Acros??? ACROS????? :scarry:

That vinyl back is legit. Looks really good.

Thanks Justin! I went with a rice paper texture over just a standard frosted - my hope is that the texture will add a bit of depth and MAYBE help hide some of the stuff that I may not get off the back wall when cleaning ;)

Thanks Justin! I went with a rice paper texture over just a standard frosted - my hope is that the texture will add a bit of depth and MAYBE help hide some of the stuff that I may not get off the back wall when cleaning ;)

Either way it looks cool. "If" i ever come back im going to try that frosted vinyl.

HarryPotter

aX0U71Z.jpg

Wow that looks great!

Either way it looks cool. "If" i ever WHEN I come back im going to try that frosted vinyl.

I fixed your post for you.

Ok, first look at the "concept". I still am working at building the island out above the waterline. Need to finish that up today. And the rocks to the left of the tank I just placed there (longish rock in the middle and far rock to the left) - those will most likely change.

1eMdmeC.jpg

Add a waterfall !!!

:blink: for real? because that would be cool but I've got no idea how to actually do that :)

OMG!!!!! I feel wee wee... ;) looking god Stella... Looking good.....

:lol: LYNTON! you're a nut.

:blink: for real? because that would be cool but I've got no idea how to actually do that :)

Yeah why not.

Get a small pump, can pull one from a petco internal filter, they are like 10-20gph. Run a small tube to the top of the rock... Waterfall. :P

Wow- going for it- I like it- yes Acro's - sps coral- load it up

Your wife needs to do a plant island with the 16 :) See what I'm doing there? I keep trying to get her to join NR.

Yeah why not.

Get a small pump, can pull one from a petco internal filter, they are like 10-20gph. Run a small tube to the top of the rock... Waterfall. :P

hmm. Hmmm. Thinking about this. Actually, I was thinking of running out to get a pvc pipe to redo the column on the right. I don't like how wide it is. I'm thinking I can build up a rock face that way with some pukani rubble. OR build up with some egg crate situated in a rectangle to give the plant structure more stability.

Idr who it was but someone had a waterfall that fell into a small pool of water in their rock scape then that overflowed into the tank, would be pretty legit with all the plants and such.

:lol: LYNTON! you're a nut.

It helps....... Lol

Idr who it was but someone had a waterfall that fell into a small pool of water in their rock scape then that overflowed into the tank, would be pretty legit with all the plants and such.

It would also probably oxygenate the tank nicely I'm thinking which is somewhat of a concern with the length. But with the surface area compared to the depth and width, I'm probably worrying for nothing.

So, noob question. If I use egg crate joined together with zip ties, is all of that stuff going to leach a bunch of silicates or whatever into my tank?

aX0U71Z.jpg

Looking really nice Rachel :)

It looks great! Looks like a beautiful victorian house too based on that wall design - very well fitting for an elegant tank like you are putting together. ;) Not only am I envious of the long tank (I agree the frosted back is a nice touch), but the out-of-water rockscape with the orchids together with some colorful SPS and Acans (totally agree with Sk8) is going to be unreal.

I cannot wait to see the scape you decide on.

+1 to the waterfall idea? I mean come on that would be badass!

BTW are you guys going to MACNA???

Archived