inTank Media Baskets

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

I love it in this area of the state! We are about 20 minutes inland, but I love all the little villages and towns around. come visit!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love it in this area of the state! We are about 20 minutes inland, but I love all the little villages and towns around. come visit!

I so would, will one day. And I love seafood.

More towards the back! Well, the ones to the left of the arch will be repositioned towards the back. The arch is kind of in the middle so I can get flow around the rocks.

It's an old filter cartridge I had in the 6 gallon. It was full of all sorts of pods and such and I figured the sponge would have some bacteria in it so I put it in there to speed the cycle.

Yay!!! PB!!!!

Ok, since I have nothing new to report with the tank, I figured I'd post a couple of photos of where we got the ingredient for dinner and then dinner itself!

UZfQVVB.jpg

7LUFL9W.jpg

Wow, that's beautiful! And tasty :) And it needs to be on a new page :D

Beautiful view!

Wanna share some of that lobster? :lol:

Sure! Come on out and visit, Yoshi! You can have as much lobster as you want :)

Wow, that's beautiful! And tasty :) And it needs to be on a new page :D

HA! Totally!!! I'll have to carry it over when a new page happens since I don't have any interesting tank photos to post. Yet.

I just realized you have 2 threads. I thought I've been posting in the same one this whole time. :mellow::rolleyes:

I like to keep you guessing, Arce.

Ok, Arce, here ya go! I took some photos, close up so you could get a feel for the vinyl backing. I also stuck the heater on the back of the glass/vinyl so you could se how much something on the back would show:

kXHmA50.jpg

uEvqB2J.jpg

Since the tank is still doesn't have corals in it, I figured this thread needed a little more color. Some sunset photos from this weekend:

hnJoCl9.jpg

cxJxTil.jpg

And few crazy incoming storm photos:

e8dI4X7.jpg

Qe7IjCX.jpg

Awesome thanks for the pics. Did they have any kind that didnt have the swirls on it? Like just frosted

Yes, definitely. They had just plain frosted. It is in the bathroom fixture area at Home Depot and if you can't find it, ask for window privacy film. They had a bunch of different ones. And if you wanted a less translucent type thing, you probably could put two layers.

Beautiful sunset and storm pics!

After taking those photos, I went in the cabin and made the dogs and Jeff go too! It was freaky!

Status of cycle: Well, the first day I put in enough ammonium chloride to get the ammonia up to .2 ppm. Then next morning it was down to 0 and nitrates were up slightly. So I didn't do anything day two. Day 3 I added more ammonia and kinda dripped in more than I should! Ammonia went up to 2 PPM. NOT .2, 2. Oops! Well, took a few days, but I'm down at .2 PPM again. Nitrites are at .25 and nitrates are at 5. So, cycle continues!

I so want to visit. There are so many places in this country I would love to live. What a tough decision!

After taking those photos, I went in the cabin and made the dogs and Jeff go too! It was freaky!

HAH...this sounds like something I would do! As much as I love storms..they also freak me out. But they are also thrilling. But I'm also a scaredy cat :lol:.

I so want to visit. There are so many places in this country I would love to live. What a tough decision!

HAH...this sounds like something I would do! As much as I love storms..they also freak me out. But they are also thrilling. But I'm also a scaredy cat :lol:.

Come visit! Come visit!!!! Yeah, I'm a total wuss. I love storms, but then they also scare me.

Come visit! Come visit!!!! Yeah, I'm a total wuss. I love storms, but then they also scare me.

the balloons from my sisters baby shower are still tied to the plastic Adirondack chairs in my back yard and we didn't get a single rain drop that I am aware of. North shore at work however got 90+ mile per hour winds. There are multiple trees behind my job that actually SPLIT IN HALF!!! Like long ways through the trunk. My balloon is fine though, thank goodness.

the balloons from my sisters baby shower are still tied to the plastic Adirondack chairs in my back yard and we didn't get a single rain drop that I am aware of. North shore at work however got 90+ mile per hour winds. There are multiple trees behind my job that actually SPLIT IN HALF!!! Like long ways through the trunk. My balloon is fine though, thank goodness.

The weather has been crazy! And I'm really happy to hear about your balloon!

PatBack, this is for you! I miss the North Fork :( We were about a mile from about 8 different beaches and there were about 30 wineries within a 10 miles radius! I swear I spent more time looking for sea glass than anything else! Or as Jeff calls it, "sea junk".

3KHSY1m.jpg

HVNwqxb.jpg

Since the tank is still doesn't have corals in it, I figured this thread needed a little more color.

e8dI4X7.jpg

The arrival shot of your mother in law?

PatBack, this is for you! I miss the North Fork :( We were about a mile from about 8 different beaches and there were about 30 wineries within a 10 miles radius! I swear I spent more time looking for sea glass than anything else! Or as Jeff calls it, "sea junk".

3KHSY1m.jpg

HVNwqxb.jpg

I belong by a beach. And not a gross Lake Michigan in Chicago beach (I usually go to Indiana or Michigan to go to the beach). These pics are lovely!

Archived