Top Shelf Aquatics

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

I get motion sick pretty easy as well but i bet one could get over that if they tried. Storms probably are not much fun.

Believe it or not, I get motion sick as well. I can't sit in the back seat of a car without wanting to toss my cookies. I also can't in the cabin while underway unless I have a good view of the horizon. If I keep my eyes on the horizon, I'm good. So, that's a tip. Keep your eyes on the horizon and your equilibrium somehow settles. it always takes me a couple days to adjust at the beginning of the season.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am lucky don't get sea sick and the gulf stream is only 60 miles about 2 hours ride on a calm day.

That's awesome!!! Beautiful area where you live!

30 miles from ocean city MD a lot of good fishing out there.

Nice!!! We have some good fishing up here as well, but I don't think as good as down there. Stripers, blues are the most prevalent and bluefish are NOT good eating fish. But they're fun to catch. And it is almost the season for blackfish/tautaug which aren't as much fun to fish for, but the best for eating by far IMO.

Plus close to Pacific East Aquaculture!

My wife wants a SSC shrimp for her tank so I have to stop by there today (haven't been stopped by there all week)

My wife likes wreck fishing off NJ but most of the time I am going To the canyons for bill fish for fun tuna for food.

NICE!!!! We have some tuna fishing here, but you gotta go way out.

I'm actually watching Wicked Tuna - Outer Banks right now and watched the episode where two boats hit the bridge, then Dave's boat ran aground the sand bar. Gave me the freaking chills!!!!

And of course now I'm kinda sad that I think we *actually* finally sold the Stella Blue ( fingerscrossed guy is coming tomorrow AM with $$ and to do final inspection) because I now have the urge to go fishing!

You have to know some up there with a boat Even if I sell my boat I know people that will take me fishing.

Good point, Dan!

How did your boat get the name Stella Blue?

Well, our Bichon's name is Stella Blue - so the boat was named after her. And I lacked creativity when I set up my username here :lol:

Stella Blue is a song by the grateful dead ( :wub: the song). All of our furry family members are named after some sort of Dead reference. Franklin is from the song Franklin's Tower (so his name is actually Franklin Stower). Iko Iko is named after the cover Iko Iko that the Dead did. Then our cat Mac is actually named McGannihan Skjeillyfetti - which, since I'm not the dead head of our family, I can't quite remember where that comes from. We also have Deoje (pronounced D-O-G) who is from the PJ (pre-Jeff) days and is not Dead-influenced :lol:

https://youtu.be/Eib7oxEo_og

And my favorite:

I thought every thing in CT is named Stella Blue except Franklin

HA! Yes, this.

Speaking of music, anyone else watch Live from Darryl's House on Palladia?

My wife wants a SSC shrimp for her tank so I have to stop by there today (haven't been stopped by there all week)

Fine...go ahead and rub it in!

Believe it or not, I get motion sick as well. I can't sit in the back seat of a car without wanting to toss my cookies. I also can't in the cabin while underway unless I have a good view of the horizon. If I keep my eyes on the horizon, I'm good. So, that's a tip. Keep your eyes on the horizon and your equilibrium somehow settles. it always takes me a couple days to adjust at the beginning of the season.

Dramamine is my best friend :lol:.

Did you sell the boat????

Dramamine is my best friend :lol:.

Did you sell the boat????

Ugh. NOT yet. The guy coming to buy it had to work at the last minute - which I call BS on. But we got two calls today from people, told that original guy and I think he's going to try to make it. So I've got a good feeling that this is the weekend. All of a sudden we have a ton of interest.

Ugh. NOT yet. The guy coming to buy it had to work at the last minute - which I call BS on. But we got two calls today from people, told that original guy and I think he's going to try to make it. So I've got a good feeling that this is the weekend. All of a sudden we have a ton of interest.

Flakes are the worst. I hate selling on CL for that exact reason.

fingerscrossed for selling!

I'm excited for you. I know how happy I was to move my Evolve to the 10. And this is an awesome tank so I am truly looking forward to it.

I'm excited for you. I know how happy I was to move my Evolve to the 10. And this is an awesome tank so I am truly looking forward to it.

:wub: Thanks Annette!!!

Archived