SaltCritters.com

Stella's 12 Long - Bob, Bobii and Dotii's Weedy Adventure

ReefWeeds

The arrival shot of your mother in law?

HA! I almost spit out my coffee. YUP. How'd ya guess???

I belong by a beach. And not a gross Lake Michigan in Chicago beach (I usually go to Indiana or Michigan to go to the beach). These pics are lovely!

Come visit! Although I've got to say, after living in Michigan and frequenting the Petoskey/TC area, Lake Michigan is unbelievable. And looking for Petoskey stones is fun.

Oops! I actually meant to post a sunset photo instead of a Jeff photo. One of my all-time favorite sunsets to witness. It was right after a storm broke and the clouds along with the colors were unbelievable.

Some day when this tank finishes cycling, I'll actually post reef photos.

RRHmXAg.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PatBack, this is for you! I miss the North Fork :( We were about a mile from about 8 different beaches and there were about 30 wineries within a 10 miles radius! I swear I spent more time looking for sea glass than anything else! Or as Jeff calls it, "sea junk".

3KHSY1m.jpg

Stella and Chloe could be sisters! Totally looks like Chloe from behind :).

Love the sunset photo :wub:.

And Jack...cracking me up again :lol:.

Stella and Chloe could be sisters! Totally looks like Chloe from behind :).

Love the sunset photo :wub:.

And Jack...cracking me up again :lol:.

I have noticed that when I've seen photos of Chloe!!! And they've both got allergies. Long lost sisters. This was when Franklin was about 3 months old. So funny to see how much of a fluff ball he was.

Jack is hilarious. And for some reason, I hate admitting that out loud because I feel like it is going to come back to bite me in the butt.

PatBack, this is for you! I miss the North Fork :( We were about a mile from about 8 different beaches and there were about 30 wineries within a 10 miles radius! I swear I spent more time looking for sea glass than anything else! Or as Jeff calls it, "sea junk".

3KHSY1m.jpg

HVNwqxb.jpg

Does Jeff know you posted a picture of him holding a bag of dog shit :)?

Here's a couple of cute ones that were on my desktop. This was right after a grooming....I know this because the fur still looks clean and fluffy. You know how fast that goes I'm sure LOL.

IMG_8535_zpsxl9r5byj.jpg

IMG_8538_zps34lienoc.jpg

Oh shooot! Guess this is the wrong thread for cute animal photos :blush:.

BAHAHAHAHA!!! Didn't even notice that. That's hilarious.

Here's a couple of cute ones that were on my desktop. This was right after a grooming....I know this because the fur still looks clean and fluffy. You know how fast that goes I'm sure LOL.

IMG_8535_zpsxl9r5byj.jpg

IMG_8538_zps34lienoc.jpg

Oh shooot! Guess this is the wrong thread for cute animal photos :blush:.

Oh, I welcome cute animal photos ANYWHERE! SHE IS ADORABLE! And they definitely look alike! wow!

BAHAHAHAHA!!! Didn't even notice that. That's hilarious.

Oh, I welcome cute animal photos ANYWHERE! SHE IS ADORABLE! And they definitely look alike! wow!

Yep! I know I've seen other photos of Stella and thought the same thing :).

I mentioned this to Jeff. HIs response is "great! Now if I ever meet some of these people they're going to say you're the guy with the dog shit". :lol: oops!

I belong by a beach. And not a gross Lake Michigan in Chicago beach (I usually go to Indiana or Michigan to go to the beach). These pics are lovely!

kimber move.......now......... IL is not getting any better. You hate your job. Pick a place you want to be and go everything else will fall into place as long as the Ponticrap can get you there. Maybe stella will rent you her boat while you get on your feet. :lol:

kimber move.......now......... IL is not getting any better. You hate your job. Pick a place you want to be and go everything else will fall into place as long as the Ponticrap can get you there. Maybe stella will rent you her boat while you get on your feet. :lol:

I never thought it would come to this, but I've got to say I agree with Sancho. If you really feel you belong by the water and/or want to try another area of the country, do it. Life is too short to have regrets. Holy cliche.

House boat?

I would consider moving, but all my sisters have moved away (two out of country) and if I moved that would leave mama all alone.

House boat?

I would consider moving, but all my sisters have moved away (two out of country) and if I moved that would leave mama all alone.

It's got a couch that pulls out to a queen bed, a comfortable reading chair, a dining nook, an oven, stove, running water, A/C, Heat, a full bathroom and a v-berth (aka bed). You can stay there as long as you'd like, rent-free. Just clean off the seagull poop from the decks every so often :lol:

Oh and water views ;)

House boat?

I live by the water. It's the nasty Hudson but I see it from every window. It's a beautiful sight - the sight of water. I knew someone that lived on a boat for a couple of years on the marina, he was trying to make his business work and avoiding paying rent on an apartment. I'm not sure it's for me, I'm not really a swimmer/sun type of girl but I can totally see how living on a boat would be rad.

It's got a couch that pulls out to a queen bed, a comfortable reading chair, a dining nook, an oven, stove, running water, A/C, Heat, a full bathroom and a v-berth (aka bed). You can stay there as long as you'd like, rent-free. Just clean off the seagull poop from the decks every so often :lol:

Oh and water views ;)

OK! I'm on my way!!

Wow, living on a boat could be an adventure!

My husband has seriously suggested this in the past. I said no way, I'd get sea sick LOL.

My husband has seriously suggested this in the past. I said no way, I'd get sea sick LOL.

We actually almost did it as well. Even with all the animals! I just couldn't get over living on a boat shrink wrapped but in the water in the winter. Or walking down the docks full of ice and snow and not taking an unexpected plunge into the frigid water

We pretty much lived on our current boat most of all last summer. I loved it.

Yeah, something about living on a boat in the winter just sounds....cold. And the water is probably choppier then too? I mean I know you are docked, but don't you still get some waves in there?

Lived in a fiefs boat one summer in Coronado Yacht Club...not a bad gig!

It is awesome in the summer. There's something about falling asleep with the rocking boat that is so soothing. And hearing the water hit the sides. The land sickness when spending any more than a couple hours on shore wasn't fun tho. Did you get that?

Yeah, something about living on a boat in the winter just sounds....cold. And the water is probably choppier then too? I mean I know you are docked, but don't you still get some waves in there?

Yeah, some. But it depends on where the marina is. Ours is in a tidal river and pretty protected. Honestly, there's more waves from passing boats in the channel that don't obey the no wake zone than there probably is in he winter.

3KHSY1m.jpg

HVNwqxb.jpg

Make your way out to cupsogue next time you come out!

The water had been ridiculously warm for whatever reason this year.

Make your way out to cupsogue next time you come out!

The water had been ridiculously warm for whatever reason this year.

We totally will! We haven't been out recently, but do try to get out there. We should all go to the LI aquarium too!

I get motion sick pretty easy as well but i bet one could get over that if they tried. Storms probably are not much fun.

Archived