Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

Cute :).

60-70 days in warmer months and up to 120 days in colder months. I'm guessing somewhere between 70-120 days :). The eggs are doing GREAT! I can tell they are a little bigger already. And they for sure must be fertile because it's been almost a month and they haven't molded :happydance:. So exciting!!!!!

I know I shared these two pics on Facebook and Instagram but wanted to post them here too....

Those two just love it under the tree :wub:

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-30%20at%206.09.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%2011.35.

Finally did some gift shopping today. Glad I looked since Marine Depot has free ground shipping right now plus their 15% off deal. Got a bucket of RSCP for me..can't beat that price!

sooo cute...have to bring them to new page =)

• Like 2

Those latest photos look great! Tons of growth in there. I can't get over how fluffy your fox coral is. Mine seems to be doing a bit better.

The cats under the tree are too cute! Have they tried to climb it yet? Lily climbs my parents' tree every year.

• Like 1

Those latest photos look great! Tons of growth in there. I can't get over how fluffy your fox coral is. Mine seems to be doing a bit better.

The cats under the tree are too cute! Have they tried to climb it yet? Lily climbs my parents' tree every year.

Thanks :). Fox coral loves to eat. Mine is happier since I figured that out :).

No climbing yet. Maybe it helps that we have a couple of cat trees for them to get their climb on :D. Hopefully they don't decide the Christmas tree is a good idea one day LOL.

I have some new photos!!!!! FTS for December:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-03%20at%2012.57.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-03%20at%203.04.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-03%20at%203.05.2

Shipped out turquoise trumpets to Stellablue today :). She got the clump on the far right of this photo!

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-03%20at%2012.50.

Blastos still doing well. I swear the secret with them is don't get sand on them!

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-03%20at%2012.55.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-03%20at%2012.52.

• Like 10

Every time I see pics of your tank it makes my heart happy :D So peaceful and beautiful.

Awww..I love that. Thank you :flower:.

I just came across Nora looking all sweet and stuff LOL. It's like the "golden hour" for picture taking right now. Lighting was perfect so I had to grab the camera :).

No flash...just Nora au naturale.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-03%20at%203.51.4

• Like 9

:wub:

That is all :D

:flower:

So last night my pink trumpets had these super long sweeper tentacles out. And this morning this :tears:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-06%20at%2010.21.

Those pink ones are temperamental. I haven't seen that with either of the other two colors. In such a small tank I may not be able to keep the pink around much longer unfortunately. Too bad they can't just get along!

oh no!! it is hard in a small tank. believe you me, i know.

my cynarina or however you spell is a monster! ha!

it as advertised ast 2 inches but i'm sure it's near 5 inches

most of the day.

it really is sad when they can't get along.

• Like 1

oh no!! it is hard in a small tank. believe you me, i know.

my cynarina or however you spell is a monster! ha!

it as advertised ast 2 inches but i'm sure it's near 5 inches

most of the day.

it really is sad when they can't get along.

Have you seen sweepers coming from the cynarina? You have even less real estate than me! It is tough! I'll have to think about a replacement now, just in case I have to take action against those pink trumpets soon. Such a shame because I REALLY love the color.
  • Like 1

Oh no, Yikes! That stinks. You'd think they would get along since it's just a color difference.

I know! Good grief LOL. I guess the red/pink have a fiery temperament. While the green and blue are cool as cucumbers :).

I got my Gena trumpets and all I have to say is :wub:

They're beautiful! thanks again, G. I owe you a picture still!!!!!

:happydance:

Can't wait to see them in your tank :wub:.

• Like 1

:flower:

So last night my pink trumpets had these super long sweeper tentacles out. And this morning this :tears:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-06%20at%2010.21.

Those pink ones are temperamental. I haven't seen that with either of the other two colors. In such a small tank I may not be able to keep the pink around much longer unfortunately. Too bad they can't just get along!

OH NO!!!!! :( that stinks, Gena.

• Like 1

Gena, I agree with teeny, your tank is soooo soothing and peaceful to look at, (even if the trumpets can't co-habitate) and i just love seeing your pics.

• Like 3

What about the opposite side of rock or something? There's gotta be a way to keep them, they are such a staple to this tank being so soft looking.

• Like 2

I've had different colors of trumpets fight each other too. Only it was my turquoise that got pissy with my neons! Meanwhile the turquoise ignore my pink with neon centers that sit right next to them. Silly coral...

Cynarina have an impressive crown of feeder tentacles, but I've never seen mine put out sweepers. It has plenty of things in range (Leptos, Acans, Xenia) that it could attack if it had long sweepers, but I've never seen any injury to those other corals.

If only you lived closer... I'm thinking I'm going to think out my coral collection before I move next month. My Cynarina is one of the corals I was thinking of selling.

• Like 1

It's quite common to have one color morph dominate over another even though they may be the same species. Even the same species/color morph from one reef may not be compatible with it's counterpart from the same reef, let alone a completely different reef.

Then again, looks are deceiving and what we think of as the same species may turn out not to be when the DNA is examined.

Hope you can get the Trumpets separated enough to keep damage to a minimum.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

I was about to say, more than likely these are actually different species, branching somewhere 'recently' in their evolutionary path, just enough to make them hate each other :D

• Like 2