ReefCleaners.org

The Pastel Garden: Drop-Off

gena

He'll be 17 - 16 is a huge milestone so congratulations to him for not getting killed by his parents so far :)

Haha...he's a great kid. I really really lucked out :).

i love christmas trees with just white lights!

Me too :wub:.

They sorta, kinda, really really like it under the tree. I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-23%20at%208.26.2

• Like 6

Just got back from the post office with a sweet package of turquoise trumpets for Lizz :happy:. I haven't shipped coral in quite a few months. Brought back some memories :).

I think I know the secret to a happy fox coral. I fed it this morning and it's open so full now :wub:. It's a slow eater and I have to turn the flow off to feed it. It will slurp down pellets though. That's the only thing I've tried so far. I think I need to start feeding it a couple of times a week. I certainly like it when it's full and content :wub:.

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-23%20at%201.57.0

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-23%20at%201.57.1

• Like 12

Beautiful! Glad to see your fox coral is doing so well. I've been trying to feed mine because mine hasn't been doing good lately. It got some of the hair algae growing on its base, which really irritated it and part of it wouldn't open and then melted away. Part of it is still alive, so I'm trying to nurse that part back to health.

• Like 1

Beautiful! Glad to see your fox coral is doing so well. I've been trying to feed mine because mine hasn't been doing good lately. It got some of the hair algae growing on its base, which really irritated it and part of it wouldn't open and then melted away. Part of it is still alive, so I'm trying to nurse that part back to health.

Thank you :). Right back at you...was just in your thread :wub:.

Yeah, mine wasn't as full. It has multiple mouths and they've been protruding lately. Like sticking it's lips out. I don't know how to best describe it LOL. But I fed multiple mouths and it looks so much happier. I think it definitely needs to eat a couple of times a week to stay happy :).

• Like 1

Anthropologie...My girlfriend goes crazy for that store! I've spent way too much time in there because of it. I can't complain too much, I did end up finding a cool octopus cabinet knob for my tank stand.

Your Fox coral is looking great! Seems like you have it in a good amount of flow huh? Mine seems to be on the decline and I can't figure out why.

Hey...wanted to quote your post again because of my newest thought (above) on the Fox Coral and maybe why yours isn't doing well. Are you feeding it?

Also.....need a rack/holder for inside your tank stand? LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anthropologie-White-Coral-Shaped-Triple-Wall-Door-Hooks-Hangers-/371388375165?hash=item567878e07d:g:3aMAAOSwDNdVqxoG

Thank you :). Right back at you...was just in your thread :wub:.

Yeah, mine wasn't as full. It has multiple mouths and they've been protruding lately. Like sticking it's lips out. I don't know how to best describe it LOL. But I fed multiple mouths and it looks so much happier. I think it definitely needs to eat a couple of times a week to stay happy :).

I'll start trying to feed mine a bit more often and see if that helps! Its hanging on but I need to get it back up to full health.

• Like 1

Another successful Thanksgiving :). Although my turkey didn't turn out as good as last years. Last years was the bomb LOL. I used the same recipe. I think it was the actual turkey itself that made the difference. And I can't for the life of me remember where I got it last year. This year I got it at Trader Joe's. I'm not getting it there anymore. It's hit or miss with them.

So Thanksgiving is done.........Bring on Christmas!!!!!!! A little more trimming to do but it's getting there :).

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%208.22.5

Now to decide if I want to brave the crowds tomorrow and do some in-store shopping :happydance:

Hope you all had a lovely day today!

• Like 10

Pretty tree Gena. The kittens haven't found the dangly ornaments yet have they??? Maybe discovered is the better word.

Thank you! I'm so glad I have my tree up already!!!!

Oh yes...they have LOL. They have broken one already. One of my really old vintage ones. Somehow their cat scratching post got pushed up to the tree and they were able to reach it. I put all the more valuable ornaments up high so they couldn't get to them too. Not sure if they scooted it or my husband or son moved it over. Everyone is aware now to make sure the scratching post is not near the tree :).

• Like 1

I have one of those Charlie Brown trees, which I love. I have 6 ornaments I saved that Don & I bought together, each of us picked an ornament in a certain style. I sold or gave most ornaments to the Salvation Army. With the move I just have boxes everywhere. Randi is buying my Christmas tree that Don and I had, a pretty pre-lit, multi- fir w/ pine cones tree, and wreathe that lights up.

• Like 1

I have one of those Charlie Brown trees, which I love. I have 6 ornaments I saved that Don & I bought together, each of us picked an ornament in a certain style. I sold or gave most ornaments to the Salvation Army. With the move I just have boxes everywhere. Randi is buying my Christmas tree that Don and I had, a pretty pre-lit, multi- fir w/ pine cones tree, and wreathe that lights up.

I'll have to look for a photo on FB. It sounds really nice.

I am going through my ornaments this year. I have way too many and some that have absolutely no meaning for any of us, so I'll be donating those. I'll probably go through them this weekend. One day I hope to have room for two trees. One that is a theme tree, kinda like what I have this year, and one that has childhood ornaments and handmade ornaments, etc. on it. I'm going to need a much bigger house :).

Have they tried to climb the tree yet? :)

2013-12-01.jpg

Nope..not yet. I really really really hope they don't :lol:. I'll let you know if they do though LOL.

Tank looks stunning!

I'm down to the last 2 heads on my blue trumpets ... almost killed them but hopefully they are coming back now.

The Fox coral is simply stunning, I'm so glad you could get one and then show us.

We'll let you do the elbow work and enjoy the pics. :D

• Like 2

Tank looks stunning!

I'm down to the last 2 heads on my blue trumpets ... almost killed them but hopefully they are coming back now.

The Fox coral is simply stunning, I'm so glad you could get one and then show us.

We'll let you do the elbow work and enjoy the pics. :D

Thanks, Mark :flower:. I have plenty of turquoise trumpets if you ever need a hook-up :). Just let me know!

I've turned the flow down even more on my mp10 and the fox coral is appreciating it!

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%201.35.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%201.34.5

I haven't bought anything new for this tank for quite a while! Like months omgomgomg:lol:. I may be placing an order with KPA soon for an urchin and maybe a new gorgonian.

• Like 5

it's hard to go without buying for a while. Knowing I'm moving next month I haven't bought anything since June when I went to VIP Reef. KPA has so many pretty things, I'm sure you'll find something you'll like. I got a nano urchin and was surprised how big it was so you may want to specify if you don't want it larger than a golfball. My sea egg and urchin were both like the size of a hacky sack ball.

• Like 1

Thanks, Mark :flower:. I have plenty of turquoise trumpets if you ever need a hook-up :). Just let me know!

I've turned the flow down even more on my mp10 and the fox coral is appreciating it!

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%201.35.1

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-26%20at%201.34.5

I haven't bought anything new for this tank for quite a while! Like months omgomgomg:lol:. I may be placing an order with KPA soon for an urchin and maybe a new gorgonian.

So pretty!!!!!!

I would love to buy some of your turquoise trumpets :)

Your tree is beautiful too! Both of our cats LOVE to sit under the tree. I used to freak thinking they'd climb it, but neither has thank god. Although Mac will bat the bottom ornaments so all the non-breakable ones go down there. Last year was the first year we opted for a fake tree. It sure was much easier not to have to worry about watering it!

• Like 1

Thank you! Just send me a pm when you are ready. I have shipping materials in hand :).

Save me a piece? Any any other color you happen to frag please. I don't have any room for them at the moment, but my big tank is being installed the first week of January and I'm going to need a ton of new stuff.

The Montis you sent me are so nice. The season's greetings is plating in three places but the Idaho grape continues to just encrusting and thicken. It's about the size of a lemon now.

• Like 2

Save me a piece? Any any other color you happen to frag please. I don't have any room for them at the moment, but my big tank is being installed the first week of January and I'm going to need a ton of new stuff.

The Montis you sent me are so nice. The season's greetings is plating in three places but the Idaho grape continues to just encrusting and thicken. It's about the size of a lemon now.

I've got plenty and they just keep growing and growing :). That's great news about the montis. Both can get VERY thick. Ca/alk suckers is what they are :).
  • Like 2

OK, I know you had cresties not leopard geckos, but this shirt made me think of you!

Cute :).

How long does it take for them to hatch?

60-70 days in warmer months and up to 120 days in colder months. I'm guessing somewhere between 70-120 days :). The eggs are doing GREAT! I can tell they are a little bigger already. And they for sure must be fertile because it's been almost a month and they haven't molded :happydance:. So exciting!!!!!

I know I shared these two pics on Facebook and Instagram but wanted to post them here too....

Those two just love it under the tree :wub:

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-30%20at%206.09.5

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-27%20at%2011.35.

Finally did some gift shopping today. Glad I looked since Marine Depot has free ground shipping right now plus their 15% off deal. Got a bucket of RSCP for me..can't beat that price!

• Like 8

Wonder if they'll get depressed once it's put away! They obviously love the roof overhead.

We may have to line their cat tree beds with this mongolian faux fur :).
  • Like 2