Coral Vue Hydros

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

lilmatty5dimes

Thanks! Yeah the dude is amazing- he has SO MANY CLAMS! I am thinking about getting some of the $10 purple Troceas.

I hopefully can keep up w. the water change, and am planning on adding a Marine Magic or Jebao doser eventually.

Photo bomb was on page 7! I just took a few dozen HD photos though to record polyp extension and color development... interested? Of course!

oh man you need to learn how to ship. i would buy 3 or 4 clams if that guy was close by. guess its a good thing hes3 hours south. lol both of those are pretty good dosers. i had a marine color and it worked pretty good. no problems and a few friends that had them for a few years. i had to go back and look at page 7 and remember i saw all those but forgot after seeing that elegance. i think to did good holding off and buying the clam.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HarryPotter

oh man you need to learn how to ship. i would buy 3 or 4 clams if that guy was close by. guess its a good thing hes3 hours south. lol both of those are pretty good dosers. i had a marine color and it worked pretty good. no problems and a few friends that had them for a few years. i had to go back and look at page 7 and remember i saw all those but forgot after seeing that elegance. i think to did good holding off and buying the clam.

Thanks! The clam was so cheap lol I can still get the elegance! (Don't want to Atm)

Now the plan is to deal with the freaking diatoms!

HarryPotter

Next step is a nice CUC. I'm thinking a dozen small snails, one Mexican turbo, and a brittle star. What do you think?

thecoralbeauty

Next step is a nice CUC. I'm thinking a dozen small snails, one Mexican turbo, and a brittle star. What do you think?

i'm starting to plan my edge build's CUC, i personally find sand sifting stars more helpful in my experience, but, i've had both. I just notice my sand looks much better with the sifter.

also, you make me want a gold clam. damnit!

HarryPotter

i'm starting to plan my edge build's CUC, i personally find sand sifting stars more helpful in my experience, but, i've had both. I just notice my sand looks much better with the sifter.

also, you make me want a gold clam. damnit!

Sand sifting star? Never heard of it! I'll ask the LFS.

The local sells these clams for $15! He has tons! Morgan- I would be happy to buy one and ship it to you for cost, he has a bunch of 4-6 inch ones.

Just tell me how to ship it and pay $15+ shipping and its yours! He also has deresas for $20 and they are crazy purple

HarryPotter

I like my diamond goby and my siphon during water changes to keep my sand nice

A future possibility- for now I am coral only. Possibly two black clownfish though...

thecoralbeauty

Sand sifting star? Never heard of it! I'll ask the LFS.

The local sells these clams for $15! He has tons! Morgan- I would be happy to buy one and ship it to you for cost, he has a bunch of 4-6 inch ones.

Just tell me how to ship it and pay $15+ shipping and its yours! He also has deresas for $20 and they are crazy purple

tempting, but i like my clams tiny. 1-2 inch =)

HarryPotter

tempting, but i like my clams tiny. 1-2 inch =)

I guess its not all about the size- it's also how you use it ;)

omgomgomg

HarryPotter

i have no words.

I am under the impression that you are an english teacher... You should have quite a few words at your disposal!

Cencalfishguy56

I am under the impression that you are an english teacher... You should have quite a few words at your disposal!

Haha good one! You're exposing everyone's real names!

HarryPotter

Haha good one! You're exposing everyone's real names!

Names? She's Morgan- that's public knowledge! Also she talked about her teaching earlier...

Cencalfishguy56

Names? She's Morgan- that's public knowledge! Also she talked about her teaching earlier...

Lol what about husy boy???

Husky

HarryPotter

Today there was barely any diatom growth! Huzzah!

I tried the LFS to get some snails, but they were all out. Weird! Maybe another will have CUC in stock, or maybe this is a sign that I need to order from ReefCleaners!

thecoralbeauty

Um, sort of.

My BS was actually in cognitive neuroscience, though I currently teach special education literacy to 8th graders with exceptionalities. Last year I had a more severe needs caseload, this year is mostly dyslexia-type challenges.

My current masters is in that field. Unfortunately, graduate school does not help provide immunity to prepubescent giggling.

What do you think helped cut back on your diatoms??

HarryPotter

Um, sort of.

My BS was actually in cognitive neuroscience, though I currently teach special education literacy to 8th graders with exceptionalities. Last year I had a more severe needs caseload, this year is mostly dyslexia-type challenges.

My current masters is in that field. Unfortunately, graduate school does not help provide immunity to My current masters is in that field. Unfortunately, graduate school does not help provide immunity to prepubescent giggling.

Cool! Haha "prepubescent giggling."

As for the Diatoms, I think my Vortech did it. Seriously.

I shut off the pump, take off the cover (brown), wash it until the water runs clear again (It starts off DARK BROWN), and reinstall it. Takes about 60 seconds, and removed a TON of stuff.

Between that and the 5g water changes, I guess I'm catching up with the new sand! omgomgomg

HarryPotter

24+ hours since cleaning. Not bad at all! Pardon the bad lighting- this was just as it was ramping up and pretty unbalanced

IMG_0657_zpsiqfolyab.jpg

Cencalfishguy56

Um, sort of.

My current masters is in that field. Unfortunately, graduate school does not help provide immunity to prepubescent giggling.

Awesome my sister is almost done with her masters in speech pathology, I'm just finishing my BS in dietetics

thecoralbeauty

Awesome my sister is almost done with her masters in speech pathology, I'm just finishing my BS in dietetics

i work with speech pathologists for some of my students who have those service hours in their IEP's. pretty awesome, and i have a lot of respect for them, considering I went to speech therapy for 3 years myself when i was really little, and now no one would even guess i stuttered. hats off!

however, i know nothing about dietetics. sounds cool.

Cencalfishguy56

i work with speech pathologists for some of my students who have those service hours in their IEP's. pretty awesome, and i have a lot of respect for them, considering I went to speech therapy for 3 years myself when i was really little, and now no one would even guess i stuttered. hats off!

however, i know nothing about dietetics. sounds cool.

That's awesome! Unfortunately her major is waaaay more interesting than mine! Ahah I'm just gonna be a registered dietician but that's still cool that you work with speech pathologists sounds like you have a rewarding job! I'm luke btw!

Archived