HarryPotter

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

reefernanoman

I'm done being an InTank virgin, now it's time to get wet!

Just ordered 2x InTank RL-45 Media Baskets, 1x Refugium basket, 1x Chemi-Pire blue!

Also asked StevieT to draw a sexy shrimp on the box :lol:

I absolutely love my intank baskets for my NC 28G and my fusion 10G! I'm pretty sure that you will love them too. Pictures please!

HarryPotter

I absolutely love my intank baskets for my NC 28G and my fusion 10G! I'm pretty sure that you will love them too. Pictures please!

Yessir! I'm planning on doing a full hard core review. Packaging, shipping, price, comparison to stock basket, durability, etc.

Hypothizing about 20 photos

• Like 1

reefernanoman

Yessir! I'm planning on doing a full hard core review. Packaging, shipping, price, comparison to stock basket, durability, etc.

Hypothizing about 20 photos

I know that the stock basket for my NC absolutely sucked! The water would just go right around it. None of that with the InTank one. And the InTank one is much bigger.

HarryPotter

I know that the stock basket for my NC absolutely sucked! The water would just go right around it. None of that with the InTank one. And the InTank one is much bigger.

Same here with the Stock NanoCube basket. Broke on day 3, and the water just goes around it. I ended up installing an overflow, and using the basket just for some floss.

I am so nervous about the tank. It's the first time I've been away from it- from Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon. My nightmare is that Lucinda (the clam) fell over and couldn't right itself- nuking the tank over the weekend.

It's an intrusive thought- even though I know everything is running smoothly and ATO was full when I left.

HarryPotter

Got a friend to check the tank- looks good! He gave it a squirt of marine snow and phytoplankton :)

HarryPotter

On monday SaltCritters have 50% off ALL livestock!

This is my tentative cart. See any issues? (Yeah it'll be 50% off on monday)

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-24%20at%209.45.4

HarryPotter

Here is just. A copy of a conversation that was on an incorrect thread :lol:

Thanks! Any ideas for mine? I picture large assorted montipora caps on the tall left piece (Neon Green, Purple, Red, etc.) and perhaps something encrusting on the vertical parts. On the sand bed (Hopefully cleaned soon) I will have my Open Brain, a Zoa rock, and perhaps a long tentacle plate.

Eventually I aim to buy a centerpiece- either a large plate acro or a elegance coral to make the tank feel more developed, but I guess patience is where its at!

Cencalfishguy56:

I'm thinking some different color plating montis on the left rock making it like a ledge that would be awesome and throw an acro on top, a scoly or nice plate in the middle but if you do a plate you should do like three of different colors and on the right am acan garden would be sick or a euphyllia garden haha

HarryPotter

Got home, everything okay but there is DIATOM GALORE!

I guess since I have new sand in there, a lot of extra nutrients are present. I vacuumed the sand bed and did a 5g water change.

Otherwise, everything looks great! The Candy Cane has completely recovered from the stunner mishap and is growing another head. My Miami Montipora (encrusting) looks better than ever with the higher lighting!

Overall the tank looks pretty good, but I am still struggling with the high nutrients.

Plan of action:

• Get a CUC
  • Every other day vacuum sand bed w. 5g water change
  • Clean sponge filters once a week
  • Possibly reduce lighting (Perhaps?)

HarryPotter

Photo dump! Anyone actually reading this? :lol:

The whole tank:

AC68361D-65DA-41E6-98C5-7BDE296AE626_zps

Close up trachyphyllia:

IMG_0618_zps0elleeow.jpg

Close up Lucinda:

IMG_0624_zps0lxvey2c.jpg

Close up green slimer:

IMG_0620_zpsoqrvru9z.jpg

Close up Duncan:

IMG_0625_zpswzhskmzs.jpg

Just some Zoas! (Anyone local want some? They are weeds!)

IMG_0626_zpslwu99q2p.jpg

Pretty picture of my Purple Montipora Cap':

IMG_0622_zpst66rgile.jpg

Picture of mystery coral: (Either Torch Coral or Grape Coral)

IMG_0629_zpsxdcxrohk.jpg

• Like 6

Wretched

Of course we're reading =) but of course we're also reading other forums/threads! Haha. Looks like the tank is coming along nicely. Luckily years back I had a red sea max 130d InTank media basket that fits my jbj 45, works well. I only run one though, while my other first chamber houses my skimmer. Did you end up getting the pls 50?

HarryPotter

Of course we're reading =) but of course we're also reading other forums/threads! Haha. Looks like the tank is coming along nicely. Luckily years back I had a red sea max 130d InTank media basket that fits my jbj 45, works well. I only run one though, while my other first chamber houses my skimmer. Did you end up getting the pls 50?

Whoops I don't mean to sound bitter- just felt that the last 5 posts or so were to myself! haha

I bought the InTank media baskets already, so can't afford the skimmer at the second. Because I have no fish, I think weekly 5g water changes will suffice for now- no?

Wretched

Should suffice. I know people run skimmer-less, needless to say; I am not one of those :D

HarryPotter

Should suffice. I know people run skimmer-less, needless to say; I am not one of those :D

Haha I intend to get a skimmer before I stock it with fish (2 clowns, a dwarf angel, etc)

Cencalfishguy56

Haha I intend to get a skimmer before I stock it with fish (2 clowns, a dwarf angel, etc)

Bro BUY that elegance, don't think just buy it! Haha :bowdown:

Best deal I ever got was a rose bubble tip and a yellow tip w/green 2 headed torch for $60

HarryPotter

Bro BUY that elegance, don't think just buy it! Haha :bowdown:

Best deal I ever got was a rose bubble tip and a yellow tip w/green 2 headed torch for $60

Yeah its a beauty! Should I be thinking about the Elegance, or more SPS & a gold clam?

I may need to just give the tank some time, I am getting crazy diatoms now.

3474D9F9-E8B7-47C2-B1DE-68159F35F312_zps

Cencalfishguy56

Yeah its a beauty! Should I be thinking about the Elegance, or more SPS & a gold clam?

I may need to just give the tank some time, I am getting crazy diatoms now.

3474D9F9-E8B7-47C2-B1DE-68159F35F312_zps

Ok in reality give it time, I made that mistake once and my tank went to complete shit haha it was a sloppy mess, if it's there in a couple weeks snag it, I'm biased tho because im an LPS fanatic!

HarryPotter

Ok in reality give it time, I made that mistake once and my tank went to complete shit haha it was a sloppy mess, if it's there in a couple weeks snag it, I'm biased tho because im an LPS fanatic!

Haha I know, I also am super impulsive!

I know that "Bro BUY that elegance, don't think just buy it! Haha :bowdown:" is the advice of a LPS Fanatic!

Cencalfishguy56

Haha I know, I also am super impulsive!

I know that "Bro BUY that elegance, don't think just buy it! Haha :bowdown:" is the advice of a LPS Fanatic!

Yea I think it's the thinking you may not see it next time lol

Addinali

Tanks looking good Harry did you do an order from saltcritters?

HarryPotter

Tanks looking good Harry did you do an order from saltcritters?

Sadly at the last minute I changed my mind. I have a pretty bad Diatom outbreak, and am not sure where the future of the tank will lead me. The prices are amazing, but I don't want to impulsively fill up with corals- cheap or not.

As of now I need a CUC, a skimmer, and some good luck before I go on a coral-buying-rampage.

I may "accidentally" get a RFA, but other than that I need to get the tank perfectly balanced before moving on IMO

• Like 1

Wretched

Sadly at the last minute I changed my mind. I have a pretty bad Diatom outbreak, and am not sure where the future of the tank will lead me. The prices are amazing, but I don't want to impulsively fill up with corals- cheap or not.

As of now I need a CUC, a skimmer, and some good luck before I go on a coral-buying-rampage.

I may "accidentally" get a RFA, but other than that I need to get the tank perfectly balanced before moving on IMO

Smart choice. Diatom's aren't necessarily a bad thing after a cycle. As long as no spike in ammonia/nitrite. When I made the move from my old apartment to my house, I changed out my sand and got bad diatoms but subsided over the course of a few weeks w/ the help of a CUC.

HarryPotter

Smart choice. Diatom's aren't necessarily a bad thing after a cycle. As long as no spike in ammonia/nitrite. When I made the move from my old apartment to my house, I changed out my sand and got bad diatoms but subsided over the course of a few weeks w/ the help of a CUC.

I don't have ammonia/nitrate/nitrite/phosphate test kits at the moment. My dog ate them! (He's fine)

The diatoms aren't THAT bad, as you can see in the most recent FTS. Just make the glass and sand a bit ugly in the late afternoon.

My CUC is bare bones- probably 5 snails, 2 hermits, and a few brittle stars. Need to order from ReefCleaners!

CosmicCanine

I say get the elegance!

HarryPotter

I say get the elegance!

I don't knowwww! LPS or SPS?!?! Haha and still I have some diatoms!

righttirefire

LPS all the way

• Like 1