HarryPotter

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Lower ledges, but not in the sand. Too many shadows.

Okay, Ill take that in mind for v3,

This is V2

IMG_0542_zpspmysjtrn.jpg

hmm maybe try the flatter pieces lower down to create lower ledges instead of one big overhanging flat landing. I have one flat rock as the base of one of my islands (the goby/pistol live under it) and another flat piece sticking out mid-way in my tank for a ledge.

Nice, looks like you're getting a good start. I'd recommend finding a way for little to now shadow. You have a lot of flat rock which is nice, but build a base leading up so you have real estate for corals without shadowing. Not sure if I read, but the nano osmolator works great...

thecoralbeauty

not bad, actually. how does it look from the side? where did the flat pieces go? I actually really liked how the original scape looked from the side- the front made me do that funny dog-head-tilt thing though, not sure why.

I love the shapes you got!

HarryPotter

not bad, actually. how does it look from the side? where did the flat pieces go? I actually really liked how the original scape looked from the side- the front made me do that funny dog-head-tilt thing though, not sure why.

I love the shapes you got!

Thanks! Mr. Maloney picked them out for me.

Here is V3, adding in the flat piece for some room. I think I can put a TON of Zoanthids on that right flat piece, make the left vertical structure my Montipora Collection, and save some off-center room for the assorted LPS.

Oh and the space on the bottom left is hopefully for the Trachy, since it needs to be protected from the MP40

IMG_0545_zpsaqgfgje7.jpg

Steensj2004

And here is another bump- I mean picture

IMG_9585%202_zpswcqqokqm.jpg

Fat Shark! I've done RC for a lot of years, did a few quads for a while but between a tank and work, RC was to much. Kept the transmitter nad sold the rest. I'll be back soon enough! What radio do you like, I have always prefer Specktrum.

Tank looks great!

HarryPotter

Fat Shark! I've done RC for a lot of years, did a few quads for a while but between a tank and work, RC was to much. Kept the transmitter nad sold the rest. I'll be back soon enough! What radio do you like, I have always prefer Specktrum.

Tank looks great!

I use a Spectrum DX7s, cool to meet another FPVer! Ive been leaning towards my tank, but its nice to have a predictable hobby (Not organic LOL) omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

• Like 1

JR!

i like the v2 scape the best

HarryPotter

i like the v2 scape the best

Theres a new V4, incorporating the relative similar design to V2 except a bit more height. Give me a minute :)

• Like 1

Steensj2004

I use a Spectrum DX7s, cool to meet another FPVer! Ive been leaning towards my tank, but its nice to have a predictable hobby (Not organic LOL) omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

I snagged a Spektrum DX9 Black Edition last year, to bad I didn't get to use it much..... Those little FPV race drones are amazing, seeing that one has me tempted to start back up.....I need to start up my second expensive hobby like I need another hole in my head. LOL!

HarryPotter

Here! What do you think?

IMG_0546_zpszxmp4qoq.jpg

• Like 2

Addinali

I like v2 and v3

HarryPotter

So Im inferring that many people prefer the simple look, with fewer rocks and business.

Am I right?

thecoralbeauty

actually i like v3 or v4. v3 being the favorite.

and in full disclosure, since i teach 8th graders who love to draw such things- my mind immediately went to penis and balls when i saw v4.

actually, i take it back. i also like v2. i like how one side is taller than the other and there is more use of negative space.

AAHHHH i hate scaping.

• Like 1

HarryPotter

actually i like v3 or v4. v3 being the favorite.

and in full disclosure, since i teach 8th graders who love to draw such things- my mind immediately went to penis and balls when i saw v4.

I agree, the rock in V4 does look like a penis- some concerning lumps on the testes though :(

If I were to remove the penis rock (Thanks for the new name BTW) would V4 be nicer? A more simple look I think!

thecoralbeauty

Yes, and maybe turn the flat rock on the right so it's more of a ledge-thingy instead of a slope?

Addinali

I can't unsee it now.

• Like 1

HarryPotter

I can't unsee it now.

Addinali- I don't know if your junk looks like that, but if so I would go to a doctor! Those warts though omgomgomg

• Like 1

HarryPotter

V4 is staying for now, but will be modified. Slanted rock on right will be straightened into a platform for Lucinda (my clam), and the tonga (Christianed "Penis Rock" by mswhitelock) may be removed

FFC23A6F-8B03-40CC-8833-E49292379BCE_zps

HarryPotter

V5: I like it! Ditched tonga, lessened amount of rock, etc. What do you think?

IMG_0573_zpsmto3ggyk.jpg

• Like 5

JR!

keep that. dont change a thing

braaap

Your tank got a sex change. I like it.

• Like 1

thecoralbeauty

perfect! love it.

HarryPotter

Awesome! I am going to start the transition today, posting pictures of the tentative placement as I go. No glue yet obviously

Please feel free to offer criticism and advice!

Your tank got a sex change. I like it.

keep that. dont change a thing

perfect! love it.

Addinali

I love v5 also can't wait to see what everything looks like once moved over.

HarryPotter

The deed is done! All corals in and the RADION is installed!

HarryPotter

Radion intensity set at 65. Great spread.

Lucinda is recovering nicely from losing her byssal threads. She already is attached and opening slowly.

Open brain looks mediocre, but that's to be expected after the handling. Irritation.