HarryPotter

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Ugh I'm going to need to drill the metal casing to screw it on vertically. Or just get an apex omgomgomg

Fortunate for me I was able to just place it on the top shelf in my stand, however you could always make some L brackets off the top of your stand and screw it to those brackets, was my original idea but got lazy and just placed it on the shelf haha

Haha yeah obviously Morgan has certain things on her mind!

"penis rock" OMFG, one of the funniest things that I have ever read here on NR!

thecoralbeauty

Ugh I'm going to need to drill the metal casing to screw it on vertically. Or just get an apex omgomgomg

Haha yeah obviously Morgan has certain things on her mind!

im surrounded by 13 year olds all day. i see that drawn constantly, give me a break!

guess it's a sign i should go back to cognitive neuroscience.

• Like 3

kidnatural

Just a thought too command strips would easily hold that thing up just get the ones rated for the proper weight and that will hold it in a vertical position

• Like 1

HarryPotter

Just a thought too command strips would easily hold that thing up just get the ones rated for the proper weight and that will hold it in a vertical position

Hey that's a great idea! The 3m automotive strips!

kidnatural

Yeah that'll work and it's cheap enough

charnelhouse

actually i like v3 or v4. v3 being the favorite.

and in full disclosure, since i teach 8th graders who love to draw such things- my mind immediately went to penis and balls when i saw v4.

actually, i take it back. i also like v2. i like how one side is taller than the other and there is more use of negative space.

AAHHHH i hate scaping.

As I have the maturity of an 8th grader, I also immediately thought the most juvenile thing possible. The placement of that leather (I think?) on the stick man is a little too much... haha.

Nice tank. I like the V5 scape Harry.

HarryPotter

As I have the maturity of an 8th grader, I also immediately thought the most juvenile thing possible. The placement of that leather (I think?) on the stick man is a little too much... haha.

Nice tank. I like the V5 scape Harry.

Are ALL nano-reefers so horny immature? Hahah :lol:

Yeah that'll work and it's cheap enough

I actually am working something out now with an Apex. Someones selling one thats not working for dirt cheap, and I can probably fix it!

• Like 2

charnelhouse

Now that you are at this point I have a couple of questions since I am on the verge of putting water in my Fusion 40.

How much of your 30lbs of Reef Cleaners would you say that is in your final scape?

Are you getting enough water movement out of the single MP10QD?

I see you aren't filled completely over the return nozzles. I have read in some other places that this will cause microbubbles. Are you seeing any microbubbles?

Thanks in advance :)

HarryPotter

Now that you are at this point I have a couple of questions since I am on the verge of putting water in my Fusion 40.

How much of your 30lbs of Reef Cleaners would you say that is in your final scape?

In my final scape, I used about 12 LBS of Reef Cleaners. The large piece on the left is NOT ReefCleaners, so take my usage with a grain of salt. I would highly recommend buying the 30lbs, and using what you need. Its nice to have extra or other pieces for the scape!

Are you getting enough water movement out of the single MP10QD?

HA! No! This is a MP40w QD that is on 40%. The MP10 is not strong enough, but two might work.

I see you aren't filled completely over the return nozzles. I have read in some other places that this will cause microbubbles. Are you seeing any microbubbles?

The tips of the returns are under the water. Zero micro bubbles- the returned water is never exposed to air

Thanks in advance :)

Welcome! omgomgomg

• Like 1

charnelhouse

Ahh, I saw the single head and assumed. EcoTech thinks the MP10QD is good to 50+ gallons. I'll know for sure in a few days...

If you start to mysteriously get microbubbles check the joints on the return nozzles. Anything above the water line that isn't a sealed joint can suck air. I'm going to try and fill only to the grates too, hoping I get the same result, no bubbles ;)

Edit: Derp, just realized you have the 45RL. It looks so much like the Fusion 40

HarryPotter

Ahh, I saw the single head and assumed. EcoTech thinks the MP10QD is good to 50+ gallons. I'll know for sure in a few days...

If you start to mysteriously get microbubbles check the joints on the return nozzles. Anything above the water line that isn't a sealed joint can suck air. I'm going to try and fill only to the grates too, hoping I get the same result, no bubbles ;)

Edit: Derp, just realized you have the 45RL. It looks so much like the Fusion 40

I have a MP10w as well, and may put it in to get some anti-sync in there. Good advice on the nozzles, but so far the water is impeccably clear!

A JBJ RL-45! Did you even read the title? Haha

• Like 2

charnelhouse

I have a MP10w as well, and may put it in to get some anti-sync in there. Good advice on the nozzles, but so far the water is impeccably clear!

A JBJ RL-45! Did you even read the title? Haha

Haha, apparently not. Or I glazed right over it. And FYI, JBJ uses RL-45 and 45RL interchangeably :P

HarryPotter

Todays haul:

• 1x SPS Stick
  • 1x wire management kit
  • 1x 5g RO

Everything looks like it has beautifully taken the transition. I believe that the trachyphyllia is getting a bit too much light in its current location though.

I am currently looking at possible retailers for my fish.

Stock list (tentative) is:

• 1x Black and White Clownfish
  • 1x True Percula Clownfish
  • 1x Clown Goby (Yellow)
  • 1x Bicolor Blenny
  • 1x Pygmy/Dwarf Angelfish

I would obviously not introduce everything at once, but I hope to work up to this livestock. Like?

Im also in the market for an unusual Bubble Tip Anenome- Ive seen some WYSIWYG that have rose bodies and green tips.

• Like 1

HarryPotter

Photo dump today when I get home. I will try to use the DSLR :)

Open Brain isn't look great, I think it's too much light. Same with Maxima clam. I will be reducing the lighting to 57% and see how it goes

NorthGaHillbilly

Open Brain isn't look great, I think it's too much light. Same with Maxima clam. I will be reducing the lighting to 57% and see how it goes

Id try bumping the light lower than that, and either doing a short black out or shading the brain from above

Alex B

Lower the intensity and feed the tank. Radions are powerful. I would bump it down to about 35% and run a short program till everything is acclimated. How much of your established rock did you keep? No ammo, nitrite, and nitrate after the move?

cnseekatz

65% from the 30 Pro is a lot of light... I've got mine over 45g, and have spent 6 months getting it up to 50%.

HarryPotter

Lower the intensity and feed the tank. Radions are powerful. I would bump it down to about 35% and run a short program till everything is acclimated. How much of your established rock did you keep? No ammo, nitrite, and nitrate after the move?

Id try bumping the light lower than that, and either doing a short black out or shading the brain from above

65% from the 30 Pro is a lot of light... I've got mine over 45g, and have spent 6 months getting it up to 50%.

I'm the nanocube (28g) it was right above the water (one inch) at 45*. Now it is 8" above, and the tank is bigger. What gives? I guess the maxima was on the bottom in the nanocube and is now raised, but I would think they didn't experience much of a par rise

HarryPotter

This afternoon (Via. Ecosmart Live) I lowered it to 50, and just now fed the corals mysis (LPS) and Marine Snow (SPS, Clam).

I think too much lighting was the issue. The Open Brain is squishy and fat again, and the clam is opened nicely and has put down some byssal.

Parameters are really good. The little but of Kalk in the ATO supply (5g w. Tunze Osmulator) has really calmed the PH.

• Like 2

NorthGaHillbilly

This afternoon (Via. Ecosmart Live) I lowered it to 50, and just now fed the corals mysis (LPS) and Marine Snow (SPS, Clam).

I think too much lighting was the issue. The Open Brain is squishy and fat again, and the clam is opened nicely and has put down some byssal.

Parameters are really good. The little but of Kalk in the ATO supply (5g w. Tunze Osmulator) has really calmed the PH.

The stress of the move probably made the brain more sensitive.

Be sure to completely rinse out your ato container every time you fill it up using kalk, as it will Collect on the bottom. I think the excess on the bottom is the main reason so many have problems using kalk in the top off. Ive been using it for over a year this go round, with no I'll effects after I started rinsing the resivor

HarryPotter

The stress of the move probably made the brain more sensitive.

Be sure to completely rinse out your ato container every time you fill it up using kalk, as it will Collect on the bottom. I think the excess on the bottom is the main reason so many have problems using kalk in the top off. Ive been using it for over a year this go round, with no I'll effects after I started rinsing the resivor

Does that still apply if I mix in the mall AFTER I fill the bucket w. RO?

The brain looked pretty good before I left, I gave it a nice piece of Mysis.

HarryPotter

Currently flying up north and browsing for fish on SaltWaterFish.com.

I will probably end up picking them out from the LFS, but its still cool to see all the types of clowns and basslets.

Did you know SaltWaterFish.com claims that a blue tang only needs a 40g tank? We need to get the tang police to the CEO's house!

NorthGaHillbilly

Does that still apply if I mix in the mall AFTER I fill the bucket w. RO?

The brain looked pretty good before I left, I gave it a nice piece of Mysis.

just check the bottom of your resivor, if there's a white milky look to it you need to clean it. Also make sure your pick up tube is an inch or so off the bottom to avoid putting the settled stuff into your tank.

I mix into the full bucket, 3.5 tsp into 5g, and rinse it every time I fill up. Had bad alk swings before I started

HarryPotter

I'm sorry I've been kind of picture lacking recently. I promise next week I'll figure out the DLSR and get a dozen or two pictures and macros!

Don't give up hope- I will! I will.

HarryPotter

I'm done being an InTank virgin, now it's time to get wet!

Just ordered 2x InTank RL-45 Media Baskets, 1x Refugium basket, 1x Chemi-Pire blue!

Also asked StevieT to draw a sexy shrimp on the box :lol: