inTank Media Baskets

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

Your clownfish are incredible! Very nice setup!!

Thanks! At the top of the page there is a FTS- the rock on the top left moves with every pulse of that Mp40! I REALLY need to epoxy it before it crushes something :o

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a pretty $5!

Thanks! Whatever it is, I like it. The polyps are huge and I spy 2 babies :)

In other news, the fairy wrasse i swimming around happily! :)

I think that Zoa is a grandis polyp.

Thats what Jedi said last night, thanks! I just thought it was cool with the unusual color and huge polyp. Looking online I think $5 was a good price too

i second the grandis polyp. never had one though so who knows. nice snag on the apex. i still want to see the pretty wrasse!

Apex fell through, was too sketchy after hearing there was no display and other defects :(

Nice scores, I'm mildly jealous of that apex setup!

I second the need for more pictures of the fanciest frag fish ever.

Thanks! Apex fell through but I'll get a picture of me beloved fairy wrasse asap

How many fish does that make in the tank Harry?

Hmm. Hopefully enough so that I will no longer have to intentionally rot cubes of mysis over the filter floss to make nutrients... it smells.

1 Yellow Coris Wrasse

1 Lubbock's fairy wrasse

1 Midas Blenny

2 Clownfish

1 Cardinalfish

1 Mandarin Dragonet

Travis I know it seems like a bit much but my tank NEEDs nutrients. This was from just now:

7F88D098-165E-4DB0-9EB2-E2438CCE9373_zps

How many fish does that make in the tank Harry?

I have 0 nitrates if I don't rot food over the floss. Zero. Bad for corals and bad for clams. This issue has been constant in my tank; its so weird since I know you were dealing with nitrate issues earlier; same tank, same filtration, but I have "super bacteria" or something? Or maybe its the clams.

Have you considered a clam to help filter the water?

No I guess I had never thought of doing that. That does seem to be a cool solution. My no3 is holding steady between 5-10ppm now.

Man your tank is filling up nicely. I hope to start adding coral this month. February 16 will be the end of my self imposed, 90 day, lights out, no coral cycle.

I agree with everyone else. The $5 polyp looks like a grandis paly. I got some after seeing FlowerMama's. They are beautiful and grow pretty quickly. I have had mine for four months. When I got mine it had two nice sized polyps and a little bud. Now just four months later it has 7 huge polyps and several buds underneath. Each polyp can eat a whole mysis easily and will usually eat several when I feed frozen. To me they look like a venus fly trap when they eat! I love mine! Good score!

That doesn't looks like a lubbocks to me.... Looks much more like a Cirrhilabrus cf. cyanopleura

No idea. They said fairy wrasse and I thought it looked like lubbocks from LiveAquaria

No idea. They said fairy wrasse and I thought it looked like lubbocks from LiveAquaria

Its what typically comes in when they do a generic "fairy wrasse" order. Cirrhilabrus cf. cyanopleura ;) Or a female solorensis as they look similar, but more then likely blue sided/ cyanopleura.

.etg is the lighting profile for your radion, i'd like to see it. Maybe attempt using it.

PM me your email and Ill send it to you- it doesn't let me upload that sort of file here. Its a parabolic ramp to 12k, on for 6 hours or so, and then a parabolic ramp down.

Archived