inTank Media Baskets

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still have too much water in that tank, huh.

I clean a little trickle of salt creep that runs out the right hand corner every single morning and every single night. :D

I could hook an ato up to saltwater and use the mp40 on 100% to make automatic water changes.

Congrats harold.

Maybe ill take a mp40 to replace my mp10.

I think I am keeping MP40, I wasn't impressed with them in his tank. I was surprised by how low the flow is from a sump; I blast over 400GPH from my 2 AIO returns and it seems like the return is only around 400gph.

But then again it is a fancy ass DC pump controlled from apex on only 30% so I guess I can try something else

I think I am keeping MP40, I wasn't impressed with them in his tank. I was surprised by how low the flow is from a sump; I blast over 400GPH from my 2 AIO returns and it seems like the return is only around 400gph.

But then again it is a fancy ass DC pump controlled from apex on only 30% so I guess I can try something else

IMO, you don't want to rely on the return pump for flow. You want the water to stay in the sump a little longer to let the filtration, skimmer, fuge, whatever do their jobs.

IMO, you don't want to rely on the return pump for flow. You want the water to stay in the sump a little longer to let the filtration, skimmer, fuge, whatever do their jobs.

+1

Red Sea recommends 790 GPH for the return pump for the Reefer 350. I have the Eheim Compact+ 3000 but wish I went DC.

Hmmm. That's more than is recommended for my 150.

Hmmm. That's more than is recommended for my 150.

My SCA 66 came with a 700 GPH return pump and it was way too much. I swapped it for a syncra 2.0 which is around 550 GPH. I think some companies recommend such high GPH based on the possible assumption users won't add additional water movement pumps into the DT, but that's just my guess. I find my tank is much more stable with the lower GPH going through the return pump.

jedimasterben

:lol: Holy water storm! Aren't those pushing like 3K GPH? That's awesome.

At the head height I have it's something like 9K LPH at full throttle. I think I have it running at 3/10, which is like 42% or something since the power level isn't linear.

WOW!

That's an amazing haul! Your parents rock :).

They leant me, I have to pay back ASAP- hence most of that is being sold :)

And you said that it seemed like the return flow was low? In my opinion, that's way too high in GPH for the return.

Maybe he has it low setting? Its DC adjustable.

I dont find 790 GPH too much for my reefer 350. You will still need another one or two pumps for movement besides the return pump for the 350.

Of course! The MP40wQD from my RL-45 is going on the reefer 350 :)

Does it come with extra filter socks? You gonna need 2 more so you can swap them out every 3-4 days. Get the mesh ones. The ATO reservoir only has enough for 2-3 days. Are you planning on adding your own ATO and reservoir? Did you get the tank all set up and running and cycling? What you using for rocks beside what's in your 40g? Where's your new build thread? Stop slacking and get on it.

Does it come with extra filter socks? You gonna need 2 more so you can swap them out every 3-4 days. Get the mesh ones. The ATO reservoir only has enough for 2-3 days. Are you planning on adding your own ATO and reservoir? Did you get the tank all set up and running and cycling? What you using for rocks beside what's in your 40g? Where's your new build thread? Stop slacking and get on it.

I have like 10... 6 of them new in the box. This is all slowly moving on Ninjamyst, not ready yet! No school thursday or Friday so will have a TON of time.

I have like 10... 6 of them new in the box. This is all slowly moving on Ninjamyst, not ready yet! No school thursday or Friday so will have a TON of time.

damn that guy really went all out. you are one lucky dude. how much you selling those filter socks for =P.

Archived