Top Shelf Aquatics

Harry's "Hyper" JBJ RL-45: TAKEN DOWN

HarryPotter

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You'll regret selling the Apex. Until you actually use one, you don't know how badly you need it :)

I don't have one now, no? If anything I will sell all of the apex stuff for more than 1.5k and then but an Apex JR :P

I don't have one now, no? If anything I will sell all of the apex stuff for more than 1.5k and then but an Apex JR :P

And then you'll do what I did - buy more power bars and sensors and then wish you had more expansion capability. But I totally get it, it's a lot of money to give up right now.

Your also not off to college wanting to monitor and adjust something with your tank right now

It happened to come with over 2k in Apex shit... So I am selling all of that and perhaps later on buying an Apex JR :)

I will trade you my Apex Jr. with display for your full Apex head unit. ;) Were you not just stating you wanted an Apex so you could monitor and automate the tank from college. You do realize that the Jr is limited. I know they added more that you can add to it with the last update but it is still limited. I think I see what you are doing. You sold a bill of goods to your pops. You think your gonna sell all the choice stuff from this tank and your old tank to pay off you old man. Good luck on that venture. Your gonna be stuck with a bare bones tank, still in the hole with dad and wanting something better. You disappoint me young man. :lol:

So did you actually pick it up yet?

Yep

I will trade you my Apex Jr. with display for your full Apex head unit. ;) Were you not just stating you wanted an Apex so you could monitor and automate the tank from college. You do realize that the Jr is limited. I know they added more that you can add to it with the last update but it is still limited. I think I see what you are doing. You sold a bill of goods to your pops. You think your gonna sell all the choice stuff from this tank and your old tank to pay off you old man. Good luck on that venture. Your gonna be stuck with a bare bones tank, still in the hole with dad and wanting something better. You disappoint me young man. :lol:

Sancho you don't get what the situation is... There is easily 2-3k of apex here. Multiple modules that do the exact same thing since it's better to have three salinity problems for redundancy. Each of the quarantine tanks have ATO, reef spec lighting, and an apex module for monitoring THEM. Dozens of float switches. It's everywhere. I'm totally overwhelmed lol

If you end up buying your dream light and selling your gen 2 let me know. I have a gen 2 and have been thinking about making it a set.

Oh lol I have been for a LONG time. My tank takes over 40ml a day of each part via a Jebao doser. Recently I reduced the alk dose by 5ml or so daily since it was at 9 but apparently that was too large of a reduction.

IMO keep two part dosing even, always, end of story. Once you go uneven the numbers can get wonky. The exception would be if you are mixing two part yourself, but even then the correct mixtures should equal out.

Yep

Sancho you don't get what the situation is... There is easily 2-3k of apex here. Multiple modules that do the exact same thing since it's better to have three salinity problems for redundancy. Each of the quarantine tanks have ATO, reef spec lighting, and an apex module for monitoring THEM. Dozens of float switches. It's everywhere. I'm totally overwhelmed lol

I get the overwhelmed part. Well, take a couple days - heck a couple weeks and make sure you actually consider what you want or don't want to sell because it will cost much more to buy something new than keeping what you've got already. Sell the stuff you don't need, definitely. but take at least a few days to figure out what you would want to keep for your new tank. Just my two cents :)

I'll say again...KEEP THE APEX!!!!!!!!! :naughtydance::naughtydance::naughtydance::naughtydance:

Maybe I'll keep brain and some stuff. There is no need for multiple modules that do the exact same thing and bags and bags of probes!

Maybe I'll keep brain and some stuff. There is no need for multiple modules that do the exact same thing and bags and bags of probes!

Your right, you send the extras down to Louisiana to me!

Reefers helping reefers. It's a wonderful world! :grouphug:

Your right, you send the extras down to Louisiana to me!

Reefers helping reefers. It's a wonderful world! :grouphug:

Dude I am deep in the red, gotta sell some of this. PM me for anything you're looking for (Apex)??

Post up a list dude, I'm interested. I'm sure others are as well.

Got to post it here so your mass of followers get first pickin's of the sale, then post on the sale form lol.

Archived