Coral Vue Hydros

Braaap's Reef - New pics page 18 2/5/17

braaap

• 2 weeks later...
shaneandjohn

Wow, this tank is really taking shape! I really like your open scape. I see clips on top in the FTS photo, do you keep a screen top on it?

Looks like there is lots of open real estate for some meaty LPS in there. Looks like I have another tank to follow progression on.

Nice Quality photos as well.

Shane

• Like 1

Top notch. I was eyeing the yellow tangs at the LFS but feel I already risked adding the Kole without quarentine

Gotta risk it to get the biscuit.

Wow, this tank is really taking shape! I really like your open scape. I see clips on top in the FTS photo, do you keep a screen top on it?

Looks like there is lots of open real estate for some meaty LPS in there. Looks like I have another tank to follow progression on.

Nice Quality photos as well.

Shane

Thanks Shane! I'm actually contemplating a few LPS BUT my asshole Kole tang already killed my plates. :( I do have a top made by Smiz. You can kinda see it in the first FTS. It wasn't put on all the way. Here is one with it on.

IMG_0068_zpshmtkukvu.jpg

• Like 1
shaneandjohn

I really do like your tank sir. I am not much a fan of tops, but understand they are sometimes necessary. I have kept many of tangs in my years, and some are just assholes when it comes to corals. It really is hit and miss. When I had my 120 running,I had a Sohal tang who had it out for a Duncan colony, not sure why!

Diggin the T-5 fixture. Got my best growth and color when running T-5's

I vote Yes for LPS :)

Shane

• Like 1

Where the pics at homie!?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Kole doesn't even glance at LPS, weird. Just eats the random little pieces of algae on the rock and mysis

Mine just covered the plates in sand.

I really do like your tank sir. I am not much a fan of tops, but understand they are sometimes necessary. I have kept many of tangs in my years, and some are just assholes when it comes to corals. It really is hit and miss. When I had my 120 running,I had a Sohal tang who had it out for a Duncan colony, not sure why!

Diggin the T-5 fixture. Got my best growth and color when running T-5's

I vote Yes for LPS :)

Shane

I don't like the top either. But the Midas is a jumper. I take it off when I'm home and by the tank. I think I'll get a nice fancy LPS or something for the sand. I need a showpiece.

• Like 3
Cencalfishguy56

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mine just covered the plates in sand.

I don't like the top either. But the Midas is a jumper. I take it off when I'm home and by the tank. I think I'll get a nice fancy LPS or something for the sand. I need a showpiece.

Booooo lol