Coral Vue Hydros

Braaap's Reef - New pics page 18 2/5/17

braaap

On 2/19/2017 at 4:56 AM, shaneandjohn said:

Congrats  on the Pest controll, I know what a challenge that can be. Will you be dosing manually, or do you have pumps?

I have been seriously wanting a dosing pump lately for my LPS tank, but have some challenges to figure out.  My stand is small, and packed with equipment already ?. 

I have a spectrapure litermeter 3 for dosing. It sits about 30 feet away in my closet. I ran four 1/4 dosing lines through the crawlspace and into my tank stand. I've been doing 30ml a day in alk since Saturday evening and it is staying at 7.8 alk. I'm going to jump it up a little more. Try to hit about 9 and then hold it there.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Narzyzz_12 said:

Bro loving this master piece, everything from the sps to the xenia wall is rad as heck.

Thanks. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece though. I did remove the xenia recently. It really opens up the tank some more haha. I plan to mount a SPS colony or two on the back wall. I need to get some pics up. Photobucket lost all my photos so I need to re upload them to fix the thread.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, braaap said:

Thanks. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece though. I did remove the xenia recently. It really opens up the tank some more haha. I plan to mount a SPS colony or two on the back wall. I need to get some pics up. Photobucket lost all my photos so I need to re upload them to fix the thread.

Oh no why did you remove the xenia?Something I've wanted always wanted is a montipora or cyphastrea encrusted backwall .Looking forward to the next photo update.

5 hours ago, Narzyzz_12 said:

Oh no why did you remove the xenia?Something I've wanted always wanted is a montipora or cyphastrea encrusted backwall .Looking forward to the next photo update.

Because my wife told me to. Happy wife happy life.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
mitten_reef
On 5/1/2017 at 9:31 PM, braaap said:

40 days of growth. Top is about 2 weeks ago.

40days.jpg

2 hours ago, braaap said:

RIP. ?

IMG_0040.JPG

ummm, from May 1 fast forward to today, are we missing something? upgrade, I hope?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

ummm, from May 1 fast forward to today, are we missing something? upgrade, I hope?

Took a job out of state and will be moving next week. Hopefully a slight upgrade in 10-12 months once my training is complete.

3 hours ago, shaneandjohn said:

Tell me you didnt have a bad seam as well ?   There has to be a replacement, Right??  

No bad seam. Although it wouldn't surprise me. Eric makes some crappy tanks. Moving next week. Hopefully I'll be getting a ReefSavy in 10-12 months.

3 hours ago, jack1978 said:

WTF, homie? 

Moving. :(

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, braaap said:

Took a job out of state and will be moving next week. Hopefully a slight upgrade in 10-12 months once my training is complete.

No bad seam. Although it wouldn't surprise me. Eric makes some crappy tanks. Moving next week. Hopefully I'll be getting a ReefSavy in 10-12 months.

Moving. :(

What state?

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...
  • 8 months later...

Yes sir… been here for almost two years and our only regret was that we didn’t do it sooner.Currently it is sunny and 72👍👍

Visited WA two weeks ago and so glad we don’t have to deal with that mess anymore!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, shaneandjohn said:

Yes sir… been here for almost two years and our only regret was that we didn’t do it sooner.Currently it is sunny and 72👍👍

Visited WA two weeks ago and so glad we don’t have to deal with that mess anymore!

I feel ya brother. My cousin lives in Utah and works for Karl Malone motorsports as a manager. Loves it. We visited WA in October and it was AWFUL. Way worse than when we left in 2016. I was stunned by how bad it was in the Puget Sound.

• Like 1